“Great Rooms (Almost)”
Review of The Grand Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lytham St Anne's
The Grand Hotel
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Lytham St Anne's
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Stayed here for one night, the rooms are well decorated and equipped, cleaning need a little mote attention to detail.

The communal areas are also well decorated if not slightly sparse. We stayed in room 117, quite a windy night, so were kept awake by an ill fitting door banging all night. In the morning, we brought this to the attention of the staff on reception, who simply apologised for previous guests not informing them of the problem previously.

So a night without sleep, yet no offer of recompense, need to try harder on customer service I am afraid. Notwithstanding this issue and the lack of attention to detail in the cleaning, not a bad experience, food looks great, and the staff in the bar / Restaurant are very attentive and professional.

Room Tip: We had a superior room, however knock, knock, knock all night. Ask for a corner room with sea view.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dominic M
Fyldecoaster, General Manager at The Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Dominic M

Thank you for the review, your feedback is appreciated.

I will most certainly be investigating the issue of the banging door.
All rooms within the hotel are fitted with the highest quality Perko Powermatic door closers which should close the door tight and not allow much movement.
However as many guests are still leaving their windows open in the warm weather you will inevitably get slight movement in any door as the wind travels through the building on gusty days.

I’m really sorry this effected your nights sleep, had you informed the night manager I’m sure he would have used his initiative and resolved the matter.

Regarding the cleaning, I will be discussing your comments with the housekeeper, as you will see from other reviews we normally have such a high standard of cleanliness throughout the hotel and I’m sure she will be disappointed with your comments.

Should you decide to re-visit the hotel in the future please contact us direct by email when booking and we will ensure your room is turned out to the highest standard and you are well looked after.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Went 15/8/14 Friday. Great service, shown to room by reception lady, free apples at reception, sea view room £125, massive TV in room, bath in room, separate bathroom with shower, friendly lady in spa from Czechoslovakia, nice staff in restaurant, kitchen in full view-kids loved watching food being prepared, super shiny cutlery, breakfast tasty-beautiful bacon and scrambled eggs cooked fresh on request, super king size bed-very comfy, Nespresso coffee machine in room, no tea stuff in room, free crisps, biscuits, coke and water in room, own car park, outdoor seating area with heaters, wedding when we were there, all staff very professional and user friendly, free Wi-Fi, been before, will go again. Meal for 4 in restaurant £83. Great food.

Room Tip: All rooms good, some have sea view, some have balcony's, different prices for types of room.

Dear rank F

Thank you for the “five star” review, it is much appreciated!

I will pass on your comments to Daniella, the young lady in spa that looked after you so well.

I’m delighted that you enjoyed the facilities and hope you pass on a recommendation on to your family and friends.

All the best and hope to see you again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 12 August 2014

After being recommended the Grand and more so The Grand 22 we decided to take our family for a quick overnight stay to check out the venue for our staff party/Xmas break. On check in excellent service as was the Spa and restaurant. The. Room was amazing. Would go as far as saying one of the nicest we have stayed in as we do tend to take short breaks due to work commitments. However my first gripe is there are no Do Not Disturb signs in the room and a member of housekeeping entered the room before 9am. But far worse was the fact the weather did start to take a turn for the worse, infact high winds were forecast. Before the high winds had gathered pace there was a banging noise in the room as though the exterior cladding was banging. We went across for dinner at which I must complement the attentive staff. After dinner on returning to the room we attempted to go to sleep. The banging got worse as though the roof was lifting. At 4am I actually moved my daughter to our bed as I was concerned that something by the window was going to crash or smash in the room. when we finally nodded off we were woken by a cleaner coming into the room?? On checking iut we reported our terrible nights stay to the lady on reception, I might add she didnt enquire 'how was our stay' I did get the impression she knew about Room 33 being noisy. When we told her it had ruined our stay she told us "well it was high winds and her toilet at home had made a noise all night too'!! Today I telephoned the hotel to ask for an email address to co plain and was given a general book@the-grand. But the gentleman on the line who said he was the Manager assumingly Derrick?? Who replies on here more or less said tough luck its on the sea front. We have stayed in many, many hotels and I think that the Reception staff and Management perhaps should stay in a so called budget hotel - a Premier Inn, to learn what customer service is. When one pays £140 for a nights stay With a serious issue that ruins their stay and potentially future bookings then a least take your customer seriously.

Room Tip: Do not accept Room 33 in The Grand twenty two until you enquire if the roof has been fixed
1  Thank karensunshine
Fyldecoaster, General Manager at The Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Karensunshine.

As always I would like to thank our reviewers for the feedback.
In this case its no different, I do appreciate your comments, and as stated in a private email and telephone conversation to you we will look into the matter.

However I’m sure that the many customers that pass through the hotel and many trip advisor reviewers (I have replied to approx. 500) will agree with me when I say I would never say, or even imply “tough luck it’s on the seafront”.

I’m also sure Jenny’s way of lightening the situation upon check out was with the best intentions and I would support her customer service 100%.

The fact is that we experienced a tail end of a hurricane, I’m truly sorry if that spoilt your day away but it is really was out of my control.

Regards

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Stayed 2 nights over the last weekend with the Proms and got to say that the hotel is superb in every way , we got a superb little room with big ensuite which was very clean and comfy allround.
the bar and restaurant offer you a great relaxing space and atmosphere and the chefs cook their food with great flair and attention and for both nights we had some of the best food for ages.
the managers Derek and Brian were superb and really were fantastic as were all their staff .
overall great value exceeding our expectations ! we booked for xmas before leaving with Derek and we will looking to going back very soon.
Well done the Grand keep up the great work and standards you are setting !

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank MrHughes_42

Hello MrHughes_42

Thank you for the great review, I’m pleased that you enjoyed your time at the hotel during Lytham Proms weekend.

Thank you for the compliment, both Brian and I really appreciate it and we will be delighted to welcome you back in December for what will be a great party night.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Just spent 6 nights at The Grand with my wife on a golfing break. It is every bit as good as the TripAdvisor reviews. Lovely clean and spacious rooms, swimming pool and gym and above all really charing and helpful staff. All this for a very reasonable price makes this a venue you cannot afford to ignore. We were in 214 which was a sea view room of good size with seating area near the window, fridge, plenty of storage space, large bed, coffee machine and a modest sized bathroom. Every day the fridge was replenished with coke and water (at no charge). There was, as stated, a coffee machine but no facility for making tea etc. This was the only thing we could find to "complain"about. The reception staff were very helpful and nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank appley
Fyldecoaster, General Manager at The Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear appley,

Thank you for another visit to The Grand Hotel for the annual William Rainford Golf Trophy, sorry there it is, the secrets out on this fabulous golfing initiative!

As always was great to see the regular faces and I’m delighted you all enjoyed your stay.

As you are aware this is a busy time of year so don’t forget to book well in advance next August so not to be disappointed.

See you next year!

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Visited on a family break. Excellent pool which was never too busy. Faultless food. No air conditioning in the room meant it was warm. Staff were very welcoming and accommodated us well in the restaurant allowing us to all sit together (11 of us)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Rob0414

Thank you for a “Grand” review, I’m pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay!

As I have mentioned in recent replies we are considering installing air conditioning during 2015.
This will be a time consuming and costly exercise but I’m sure it will be worth it, especially when we get a prolonged hot spell as we have recently experienced.

So don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook, this way you will be the first to hear about our latest news, special offers and whats happening around Lytham St annes.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

We stayed on the 7th of August for one night in Grand 22 with two of our grandchildren .The hotel was beautiful and clean through out. Children loved the swimming pool and jaccuzi .All the staff very helpful and friendly .Cannot wait to go back.

Room Tip: Grand 22 family room spacious.

Dear mavnorm

I’m delighted to read that you had a wonderful night away with you grandchildren, what a treat for them!

Thank you for the review and we hope you visit St Annes and Grand Twentytwo again soon.

kind regards