“Night away ”

Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Lytham St Anne's
Stafford, United Kingdom
“Night away ”
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Stopped at Grand 22 in the standard double room for a night away.
Having family roots in St Anne's I was impressed by the high standards of this hotel. Rooms were superb, leisure facilities were exceptional and staff extremely friendly and welcoming. Breakfast was by far the nicest I have ever experienced.
If staying in this area I would highly recommend this establishment in preference to any others in the area.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Fyldecoaster, General Manager at The Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 30 August 2014
Dear Jade_1994

Thank you for your review, I’m delighted that you had a good “Night away” in Grand Twentytwo.

It’s nice that you enjoyed your room, breakfast and spa facilities but above all I appreciate that you have pointed out our “extremely friendly and welcoming” team, they all work very hard and deserve the praise, thank you!

Derrick Holland

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (373)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Stayed for 1 evening with my 2 children and husband. The room was beautiful with views of the beach. The staff were warm ansd friendly especially the lady working at the spa. The pool was clean and well equipped. Would definately stay again. Only whinge was when I asked the waitress if they could do me a cheese sandwich for my daughter she replied no and said the manager wouldnt do anything that wasnt on the menu? On the menu was a cheese selection and sandwiches so I thought it was a little strange. It didnt deter from the great time we had.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank PennyBek
Dear PennyBek

Thank you for your visit to the hotel.

It baffles me as much as you as to why we couldn’t do a cheese sandwich.
Yes we will firstly try to push the items on our menu as thats what we do, however as far as guest service goes if we had the products there should have been no reasons why we couldn’t have arranged for a sandwich to be made, sorry!

Ilkley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2014

This is probably the best hotel I have stayed in. ever.

After an appauling start to my 21st birthday weekend (a terrible hotel in Blackpool) I rang the grand hotel as it had fantastic reviews on trip advisor. The lady that answered the phone was amazing I explained that it was my birthday and how disasterous it had been so far and she offered me a sea view room at a discount.

Upon arrival we had been upgraded to a luxury suite with a sea view. And wow what a view. The room was spotless and had molton brown! The bath was amazing (I managed to fit 4 in in just 2 days!)

We ate in the restaurant downstairs that was fairly priced and the food was delicious. I highly recommend the breakfast in the morning.

I cannot recommend this hotel enough it is far enough from Blackpool to be quaint and romantic but close enough to travel to the pleasure beach.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Charlotte H
Dear Charlotte H

Thank you for your review, Im delighted that we made your 21st birthday an experience to remember!

I’m pleased you enjoyed your room, dining in Cafe Grand and relaxing in the bath.

Thank you for recommending us and I hope you decide to visit for your 22nd birthday.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2014

The Grand is one of the finest hotels on the west coast close to Lytham a superb place for a great coffee and cakes. The hotel is very friendly and has a had an uplift giving the air of luxury. If you get the chance choose room 110 as it has a panoramic view and a superb on suite and living area. The hotel has a great pool suitable for all ages and is within the hotel, so promotes easy access for children. Very suitable for short or long breaks, enjoy!

Room Tip: if you have the chance and it is available choose either 117 or room 110 at the front with superb vi...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear joseph m

Thank you so much for your comments “one of the finest hotels on the west coast” that really has made my day, thank you!

I’m delighted that you enjoyed your visit and hope to be able to look after you again in the not too distant future.

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Stayed 25th and 26th July, the occasion being the cousins wedding with the reception at the Grand. Really nice up to date room in the Grand 22 annexe with sea view. No hassle at all to stroll 50 meters to main hotel for breakfast. The breakfast was superb with eggs cooked in front of you. Excellent buffet and very attentive restaurant staff.
All the Grand staff were very attentive. We had a minor problem with our safe which was rapidly sorted out by the manager. Would certainly stay again when visiting our relatives.

Room Tip: Grand 22 Annexe every time but especially when the weather is hot as we had.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear SteveJquality

Thank you for your recent visit to Grand Twentytwo, I’m delighted that you enjoyed your visit for your cousin’s wedding it was a great day and all the picture are available to view on Facebook.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Had a wonderful few days here again with second lot of grandchildren who are already planning their next trip here! I had booked a family room in GRAND22 which had an amazing view of the sea and sands. However, I realised that there was only one sofa bed which wasn't big enough for a 10yr old and 8 yr old to sleep together. The manager was absolutely brilliant and sorted everything out very promptly and we had TWO beautiful rooms for the four of us.

The new GRAND22 annex is beautifully decorated and has all the latest gadgets including tiptop security for all the entry doors etc. so no children could get out the building without the pass keys!

Breakfast was excellent and staff very attentive. Beautiful swimming pool and spa. Also very comfy beds although pillows not soft enough for me.

Ps babycakes90 should have looked at his/her key card which had on it all the info re breakfast etc
And website info.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Fyldecoaster, General Manager at The Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Skater81

Thank you for your recent visit, it was a delight to look after yourself, husband and especially your grandchildren as they were so well behaved!

A quick reminder to all other guests, when you log onto the guest broadband all hotel information appears on a landing page, you will find all the relevant information you require regarding restaurant and spa open ing times etc.

Don't forget that I mentioned room 24 and 26 in Grand Twentytwo have separate sofa beds.
Next time you book make a comment on the notes section and we will do the best to arrange this for you.

Hope to see you all soon!

Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2014

My husband and I have just returned from a lovely weekend staying at the Grand Hotel, Lytham St Anne's. I can honestly say from the moment we stepped through the door until we left, the staff were warm and welcoming and the service was impeccable. We had a lovely room and and the bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in; complimentary items in the fridge and a Nespresso machine. We had a large split level large bathroom with lovely fluffy bath towels and Molton Brown toiletries. (The over-bath shower could have been a bit more powerful but that's only a slight niggle). We dined in the restaurant on one of the nights and the food was superb (and not overpriced). Breakfast was more than substantial with plenty of choice. The waiting on staff were polite and efficient and kept checking to ensure we had enough drinks etc. A special mention must go to the breakfast chef Andy who was extremely helpful and accommodating. All in all, a most enjoyable stay.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank LINDANJIM204
Dear LINDANJIM204

It’s nice to read that your “Lovely Weekend” was made even better by Chef Andy, well done Andy you make the fluffiest of scrambled eggs!

Thank you for taking time to post a “Five Star” review and we all hope to see you both again in the not too distant future.

kind regards