“Fantastic this made my daughters wedding the perfect day”
Review of The Grand Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lytham St Anne's
The Grand Hotel
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Lytham St Anne's
Reviewed 28 July 2010

The hotel couldn't do enough for us, the service was amazing, the food fabulous and the day went like clockwork thanks to a very organised management and staff. The stress of the day just melted away because of their fantastic organisation and nothing was too much. We stayed over for two nights and the rooms were fabulous. Many thanks to the management and staff what a terrific group of people you are and what a magnificent hotel.

Robert

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Fyldecoaster, Manager at The Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2010

Dear Rob-Brenna
Thank you for your review, I’m so pleased everything was to your satisfaction and you had a relaxing time on what can be a hectic and stressful occasion, please pass on our best wishes to the bride and groom, we hope to see you all in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 19 July 2010

Having twice before reviewed The Grand,it gives me much pleasure to state that it is without doubt the premiere hotel in StAnnes.This time we opted for an Executive Plus room and were allocated room121 which we had requested.The comfort afforded in this spacious room is exactly what we are looking for and enables us to relax after what is approx 6 hours of a drive.The only slight downside to the room's location is that it is above the main function room/side entrance and hence can be rather noisy especially when a wedding is being held.Otherwise everything is A1.Special thanks to all the staff for making our stay so enjoyable, especially Jenny on the Reception desk-she really is 1st class.Finally a quick word on the restaurant- The Cafe Grand-keep up the good work .The dishes we selected were excellent.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ewencrichton
Fyldecoaster, Manager at The Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2010

Dear ewencrichton
Thank you for your review, it makes me proud when you state that we are the premiere hotel in St Annes as it is something we are constantly striving to achieve.
I appreciate how far you have travelled when visiting the area and am delighted that you choose The Grand Hotel for your accommodation.
I do hope to see you when you revisit in the future so please ask for me at reception, it would be nice to meet you both to thank you for your repeated custom.

Reviewed 16 July 2010

Good enough for Simon Cowell, Ant & Dec and Michael Buble, good enough for me!

My wife and I decided to travel down to St Annes for a couple of days relaxing break, along with our nine year old son. As this was only going to be an overnight stay, it was important that the hotel we stayed in was of a high standard with top-class leisure facilities. Neither of us had heard of this hotel before and having surfed the internet for a few hours, it suddenly jumped out at us. The web site is first-class and provided all the information needed to make an informed decision about reservations. The photographs of the rooms and facilities are descriptive and accurate, giving a real feel for the place. (http://www.the-grand.co.uk/images/rooms/executive-deluxe/index.html) The Grand is a Four Star Spa Hotel and has been the subject of recent significant and highly successful improvements and upgrades by the owners. Basically, it oozes luxury.

We booked an Executive Deluxe room online, for three, at a cost of £155 including continental breakfast. We had a couple of questions beforehand and emailed the hotel twice. This was around 9 pm on the night before our intended departure and on both occasions, we received courteous and informative replies, both within ten minutes of sending - fantastic service! Thanks to Jenny. On booking, we received the usual email confirmations and this process was very smooth and pain-free.

We travelled down to St Annes, from Glasgow, the following morning and arrived about 12.30. Although check-in to the rooms is from 2 pm onwards, were were dealt very quickly by the receptionist and allowed immediate access to our room.

On entering (Room 204), we were stunned and highly delighted by its quality. The room (Its really a suite) was massive with a separate lounge area which had a sofa bed for our son, with access to a sheltered balcony with views across the sea and promenade. The bathroom was also very large and beautifully finished with high quality toiletries. The suite had two Sony flat screen TVs (one in the bedroom and one in the lounge)bedroom and hairdryers in each area. I've stayed in a lot of UK hotels, including so-called 5 star, whilst on business and one this one is easily up there with the best. Most importantly, the King size bed was very comfortable and we had an excellent night's undisturbed sleep.

Having unpacked we made our way down to the Spa. We were greeted by a very friendly and helpful member of staff who gave us information about the faciities. She fitted us out with our luxurious monogrammed bath robes and led us to the changing rooms. in total, we spent about two hours in the leisure facilities, making use of the jacuzzi, pool and sauna. All were in tip-top condition and at that time of the day (mid-morning), we had the place more or less to ourselves. We used it again a bit earlier the following morning when it was a bit busier, but the facilities are large and there is plenty of room.

The following morning, we went downstairs to the Cafe Grand for the healthy continental breakfast. There is a cooked option for an extra £6.50 for residents. The staff were very attentive and tea, coffee and hot fresh toast were always available. We also had cereal and fruit juice, together with some yoghurt and fresh fruit. (I have to admit having had second helpings of the wonderful pastries).

Check-out was very quick and we left the hotel about 10.30 am.

In conclusion, this is by far the best UK we have stayed in. It is a real credit to its owners and staff who seem to be very committed to the provision of a high quality service. We will most certainly be back.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Fyldecoaster, Manager at The Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2010

Dear gordonc1960,
Thank you for taking the time to write such an in-depth review of The Grand.
I am delighted that you found our website informative and the online booking process efficient.
We have full capabilities to develop or web site in house so if anybody has any thoughts or ideas of what they would like to see feel free to drop me a line and we will give them our full consideration.
It is so nice that you have had such an enjoyable stay, please tell your friends about us and I will look forward to you returning in the near future.
As always I will post the review on the staff notice board and give Jenny a pat on the back for her excellent customer service.

Reviewed 8 July 2010

Stayed here recently for a special occassion. We stayed in a Executive Delux room and booked months ago and got a great deal. We asked for a sea view if possible, which was accommodated which really made our stay perfect. The room was exceptional (bathroom a little dated). The staff were extremely pleasant and attentive. Room service was very prompt for breakfast service. We chose to change our plans and eat in the restaurant on the second night and can honestly say that it was probably the best decision of the weekend. Would recommend the cod dish and the scallop dish without hesitation. Unfortunately we didnt get chance to check out the spa facilities... but thats a reason to come back soon....not that we need one :-)
L Heyes

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Fyldecoaster, Manager at The Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2010

Dear reviewer,
I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit, as always this review will be posted on the staff notice board for all the team to read.
We all look forward to your return visit, don’t forget to bring your swimsuit!

Reviewed 1 July 2010

My husband booked this hotel as a surprise night away. On arrival we were greated by a very nice lady on reception and checked in no problems. The first room we went to was rather disappointing, it was in the new extension part of the hotel but i must admit both of us were rather surprised as my husband had been told that it would have a sea view, which it didn't, the furniture was just a little worn and the carpet was dirty in quite a few places. It just didn't feel special, which is how it should feel if you are paying £150 for one night.
After ringing reception my husband was shown two other rooms and he chose one of those, this one did have a seaview, although only from the side but it was beautiful. A much higher standard of decor etc. I know what other people mean about the carpet, my husband didn't see a problem but my only comment would be that i think the pile of the carpet is too thick for so much usuage and it looks quite flat and worn when i suspect it's not that old. It's clear as you walk thorugh the hotel that they are updating it in parts as the decor changes but everywhere is very clean.
I'm probably being fussy but i felt that the bathroom could of had a more polished appearance, specks of toothpaste on tiles and water marks on taps.
We used the spa area in the afternoon which is lovely and simple and very relaxing with nice pool and jacuzzi.
We had booked a table within the restaurant in the evening and it is excellent. I sometimes think that hotels with restaurants seem like a bit of an afterthought but not at The Grand. When you walk through from the main reception you feel like you are entering a very stylish, chic, lively place. The bar staff are excellent, it was lovely to sit and have a cocktail before dinner. I must say every member of staff was wonderful and attentive. The table settings etc are all to a very high standard. We were sat near the pass and i must say i found it so interesting to watch, very busy but it seemed very professional and totally switched on. I dont think the main chef at the pass liked me watching though as i heard him comment 'I'm getting daggers from table 3, get the order done'!!!! this perturbed me slightly but at least he was aware although i was in no rush and just enjoyed the environment.
The food was to the highest standard and we loved every mouthful! one of the best meals i have ever had! I would go back even if not staying at the hotel it was that good.
We also felt that it was very reasonable priced for such fantastic food and service.
The only other negative would be that they had a wedding on that weekend, you would not have known when in the hotel but at night it was extremely warm and to have the windows open with guests from the wedding outside shrieking and laughing until nearly 5am was a little annoying but hey ho they were enjoying themselves, i jsut wish the smoking area could have been further away or maybe try and do something to ensure guests are aware of noise.
All in all we had a wonderful stay and talked about when we would go back on the drive home. I have mentioned some negatives but the positives far out weigh those and I think it's a place that isn't standing still and will only get better.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Fyldecoaster, Manager at The Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2010

Dear reviewer,
Thank you for taking time to write a report, I really do appreciate how you have pointed out some small negatives in a well constructed but overall positive review.
I can assure you we will get on with tackling these items as we try to deliver the best possible service to our guests.
One of the many features of Café Grand is the ‘kitchen dining area’ where guests can watch the kitchen and savor the atmosphere during service. The chefs are aware that the guests can hear them communicate and I can only apologize for his comment, however I can’t disguise the fact that on the odd occasion when the pressure is on the language can be a little more Ramsay style.
On another note we are currently discussing our smoking policy, the smoking shelter has been situated is as far as reasonably possible from the hotel so we don’t have people smoking at the doorways as other establishments allow. However we are also aware that guest’s great noise when entering and exiting the hotel, we have considered a complete ban on smoking within the entire grounds, however I don’t think we could practically manage such a rule, any ideas would be welcome.
Once again thank you for your feedback and we will look forward to your returning in the future.

Reviewed 27 June 2010

We have stayed on previous occassions but this stay has been the best, the hotel is a very high standard of decor and continues to improve. The staff are very nice and make your stay special. Look forward to returning soon. Hotel should have 5 stars. Enjoyed all the meals we had in cafe grand can not fault it.

Dear reviewer,
Thank you for your posting, I am pleased that you have seen the improvement over the years and look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 20 June 2010

I would unreservedly recommend this hotel. It is so rare to find that magic combination of good looking and good taste. It may be easy to style an hotel with good decor, it may be simple to hire a good chef but it is a real success to have such attentive, caring, empowered staff.

No real complaints apart from you need to provide binoculars for actually seeing the sea!!!

Looking forward to out next trip

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Fyldecoaster, Manager at The Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2010

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for your comments, you are quite correct empowering the staff can work wonders.
Our main chefs, although young, have been with us for some years now and have developed themselves with only the smallest of guidance, I am very proud of them!
I am sorry it is out of my parameters to arrange anything about the sea, it really does go out a long way during low tide doesn’t it! However it can come right up to the wall at high tide, many websites can give you the tide times as they can vary quite considerably day to day.
Hotel reception will be happy to do this for any guest during their visit.
Once again many thanks for your custom and we all look forward to seeing you when you return.