“Very good first impression!”
Review of Mode Hotel

Mode Hotel
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Lytham St Anne's
Reviewed 30 July 2012

My boyfriend often has business meetins in Lytham and sugessted I tagged along and make a break out of it. We chose Mode to stay in and weren't dissapointed. The manageress couldnt do enough for us and made us feel very welcome. The hotel was lovely, clean and our room was very spacious. Breakfast was continental, with good choice and unlimited. There was complimentary tea and coffee throughout our stay. The only down side was the large bed was actually two smaller beds pushed together. Overall though, a very lovely hotel and would not hesitiate to stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Emma A
MODE_HOTEL, General Manager at Mode Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2012

Dear Emma A,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Mode and posting your review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to know that you and your boyfriend enjoyed your stay. It was the greatest pleasure to look after both of you. I’m delighted to hear that you appreciated the quality of continental breakfast, spacious bedroom and our service.Thank you for making coment regards the bed, I’ll do my best to solve this issue.
We truly hope you will soon be back in Lytham St Anne’s and we look forward to welcoming you at Mode in the near future.

Reviewed 10 July 2012

My husband and me stayed here for 4 nights recently as the sister hotel where we normally stay was full. The staff here are very nice and helpful. We chose to have our breakfast every morning at the Glendower hotel as we felt the breakfast at the Mode was very limited in choice . A lovely stroll along the front in the morning and then an excellent breakfast at the glendower. Our room in the hotel was very spacious and clean and nicely decorated. Overall a hotel where you are pretty much left to your own devices with an honesty bar and reception which closed at 10pm.

Room Tip: Choose rooms 7 or 9
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank scotlandsunlover
MODE_HOTEL, General Manager at Mode Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2012

Dear scotlandsunlover,

Thank you for your recent stay at Mode hotel and for your valuable feedback. Your kind comments regarding the guest room, customer service and Full English Breakfast at the sister hotel are highly appreciated.
It was great pleasure to have you as our guest and I hope to welcome you back at Mode Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 4 July 2012

Me and my partner aged both 25 have stayed at the Mode twice in two years,we absoloutly love this place,its a beautiful,modern,clean hotel with fantastic customer service. The rooms are beautifully decorated,warm,superbly clean and comfortable. Massive compliments for the Mode! x

Room Tip: Our first room was on the top floor of the hotel,massive bed,lovely modern bathroom and balcony. Per...

Dear Emamarine

Thank you for choosing to return to Mode Hotel during your recent trip to Lytham St Anne’s. We greatly appreciate your wonderful comments and we are so happy, that Mode is the only hotel you’ll stay at!!! I am very pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us and that you are considering returning to visit us again.
We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and hope to exceed your expectations once again.

Reviewed 1 July 2012

Two night business trip, This should be a nice Hotel, the rooms are nicely done, smart and clean, definitely a step up on a standard Hotel room. The staff are first class (and a credit to the hotel), breakfast good, the location excellent and it it obvious that a lot of money has been invested in refurbishment BUT........... Why oh why did they not take the opportunity during the refurbishment to sort out the floorboards? I was in rm 5 1st floor, every floorboard in my room, the hallway and the room above squeaked loudly so much that when someone walked about in the room above it was almost deafening in my room, and I was constantly woken during the night.
My memory of this hotel will just be be squeaky floors, which is a pity because this could be a very nice hotel, sadly I wont be staying again when next in Lytham.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Duffnutt09

Dear Duffnutt09

Thank you for your generous compliments about the staff and for taking the time to share your comments with us.
I'm sorry to learn that your experience with us did not meet your expectations. I have noted your comments regarding floorboards and lack of sleep during your visit. I would like to extend my sincere apologies that you were left to feel disappointed by your initial experience.
I have reviewed your comments and every possible measure will be taken to ensure that the issues will be investigated and resolved in the near future.
It is truly unfortunate that we failed due the floorboards and the quality of your sleep and I truly apologize for that.
It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and we hope you can give us a chance to gain you back as a customer in the near future.

Reviewed 1 July 2012

We booked this from Late Rooms and were not disappointed. The room was lovely overlooking the sea. We had a King size bed but the duvet was too small for the bed and I didn't sleep because of this on the first night. We were given 2 single duvets the second day so slept really well. The room had patio doors onto a balcony, but you couldn't close them from the outside so they were blowing open all the time you were sitting on the balcony. Just a small issue which could be easily fixed I'm sure. Breakfast was continental but lacking in healthy foods. No fruit apart from apples & bananas, some grapefuit and tomatoes would have been nice. A cooked breakfast was available from their sister hotel but it was quite a walk away and the weather wasn't suitable. Trying to move the car in and out was tricky as the car park is very compact and although they have 17 rooms there are only 9 spaces. The issues I have pointed out could be addressed so not insurmountable. The staff were pleasant and helpful especially Daniela, she is an asset to them.

Room Tip: The sea view rooms are lovely.

Dear AlamoOrmskirk,

Thank you for your resent stay at Mode Hotel and for taking time to share your feedback with TripAdvisor. Your kind comments regarding the guest room and friendly staff are highly appreciated. I'm pleased to learn that your time with us was impacted by personalized attention of our team members. I regret that we could not offer you a desired healthy breakfast experience. We have shared your feedback with the team and we already included in our breakfast menu bigger choice of fruits.
It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 20 June 2012

We stayed here in December 2011, for two nights. We booked last minute, having been allocated tickets for the final of BBC's Strictly Come Dancing, at Blackpool tower. A friend suggested staying at Lytham and we chose Mode from reviews on this site.
Mode is a lot smaller and more intimate than some of the other Hotels spread out on the Lytham Sea Front. It was very quiet when we arrived on the Friday evening, which was quite a good thing because most of the other hotels had drunk people on Christmas parties falling out of them.
Our Receptionist was welcoming and explained about the novel honesty bar, where guests are trusted to leave the right money for any drinks behind the bar. We didn't use the bar during our stay. We did notice that the lighting was incredibly dim, presumably in an attempt to create a bit of atmosphere. We thought it was just dark!
Our room was spacious and well presented. There were a few examples of wear and tear. Our door was a bit temperamental. Other than that, our sea facing room was comfortable, though I wouldn't go as far as describing it as 'luxury'.
The Hotel is within easy walking distance of Lytham's restaurants and shops and from the short time we stayed there, Lytham seems a nice place to stay, especially in decent weather, which wasn't in abundance during our Winter break!
Breakfast was strictly continental. The dining room was windowless. And although there were lots of paintings on the wall, it couldn't make up for the lack of natural light, or lack of cooked food. We didn't try out the cooked breakfast at the sister hotel, which was a couple of hundred yards up the road, simply because the weather was grim.
We were glad we chose Mode, at Lytham, over a Hotel in Blackpool. The service and accomodation were good, but fall a little short of the word luxury, which is used on the Hotel website.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Martin H

Dear Martin H,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Mode Hotel. We value all forms of guest feedback as an opportunity to continually improve our facilities and services for our guests.
Our team at Mode makes every effort to deliver upon the high standards we have set ourselves. We strive to ensure our guests recognize the facilities and services we provide as offering a high level of value and a warmly memorable experience. I would like to apologize if in anyway we feel short in this respect. I do hope we will have the occasion to welcome you back again and to exceed your expectations on your next stay.

Reviewed 12 June 2012

I booked with my wife for a one night stay, and what a hotel to stay in it was brilliant.
The rooms are really modern, clean and all facillities you need from a room. We were also given a free bottle of wine in the room. We stayed in the superior double sea view room.
The hotel is ideally situated close to the town. The continental breakfast was really nice and had plenty of choice. The hotel was clean, the staff were all very helpful and polite and the hotel also had a honesty bar but I didnt get chance to use it.
I will be staying here again everytime now when I come to Lytham St Annes.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
MODE_HOTEL, General Manager at Mode Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2012

Dear Dale83

Thank you for sharing this review of your recent stay at Mode Hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to compliment us on our hospitality and service. We strive to provide our guests with clean, comfortable accommodations and great customer service. We are glad you experienced this during your trip to Lytham St Anne’s.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future

From all the team at Mode