“Great Stay, Great Staff, we will return”
Review of Mode Hotel

Mode Hotel
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Lytham St Anne's
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Lina and her team were all delightful - very helpful, pleasant, happy to help, courteous and suggested the genuinely enjoyed what they were doing. Everyone said hello, smiled, offered tea and coffee and everyone seemed entirely genuine and very happy to help - what a lovely change from some places where everyone is robotic. Well done Lina and team!!

Kirsty helped us with booking a taxi when we landed at Lytham station on a drenched afternoon: happpy to help and the cab arrived in (literally!!) 2 minutes!

The breakfast was simple but very nice - continental and with a little European feel (meats and cheeses). Self service but Lina made us coffee and offered as much as we wanted of anything

The room was spotless, well laid out, came with nice toiletries and the shower was big - good!!

The honesty bar was a good sign of trust and a pleasant change, as well as removing the need for permanent bar staff - a good call.

Our only negative was the carpets which, throughout the public areas, were in need of a deep clean - fairly grubby and marked. But it didn't spoil things for us. This was only in the public areas - we were in 14 and the carpet was fine

Room Tip: We were in 14. Our room faced the sea and was on the 3rd (top) floor - a good view-)). Smaller balc...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Lina K, General Manager at Mode Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2012

Dear nbedin,

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to share your experience and thoughts on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at Mode.
I am really pleased you had a good stay and enjoyed what Mode' has to offer. I'm glad you found the hotel comfortable and relaxing. Our team makes every effort to provide a relaxing atmosphere and comments like yours truly inspire us to work harder every day to exceed our guests’ expectations and we are always striving for Excellence.
I'm so happy that you liked our continental breakfast. We improving our breakfast and we always happy to hear for new suggestions or ideas.
Thank you for comments regards hotel carpets. I followed your advice and last week all hotel's carpets been cleaned by local carpet cleaning company.
Once again I would like to thank you for wonderful comments and all Mode team is looking forward for your return!! We'll do our best to make your stay the most pleasant and enjoyable.

Best Wishes

Lina

Reviewed 19 August 2012

My friend and I stayed here 18th august. Service was fantastic, we were having a night out in Blackpool, but wanted to sleep away from the loud nightlife. Iron and ironing board were at the room
Within 10 mins of asking. Will be staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2012
MODE_HOTEL, General Manager at Mode Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2012

Dear Rachel R,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on TripAdvisor after your resent stay at Mode.
I am happy to hear that you fully enjoyed your experience and that you will be staying with us again. We take great pride in the service that we provide and work diligently to ensure that each and every person that stays at Mode has a great time.
Thank you again for sharing your feedback and I hope that you will be back to Mode in the near future.

Reviewed 17 August 2012

We have today returned from a 4 day break at the Mode Hotel where the staff, particularly Lena, the manager, and Kirsty made our stay so enjoyable. Nothing was too much for them, all done with lovely smiles. The room (room3) with sea view was great - a large queen bed with comfortable furniture and plenty of room. The hotel was spotlessly clean and the honesty bar well stocked. We would definitely return.

Room Tip: Request a sea view room
1  Thank Rodney H

Dear Rodney H,

Thank you very much for taking the time and effort to write your wonderful review and also for choosing to stay at Mode on your recent visit to Lytham St Anne's.
I am delighted that you really enjoyed your experience with us. Thank you for the wonderful feedback regards our service. It was an absolute pleasure to look after you during your stay and I will certainly pass on your feedback to Kirsty. We will certainly strive to keep up the good work.

We are very happy you chose to stay with us and we look forward to being able to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 17 August 2012

Very modern Hotel. Rooms very nice, huge bed, great bathroom with decent soaps and shower gels rather than a small sachet that you get in the bigger named hotels. Wifi was free which is a nice touch these days and a decent desk to work from or have lap top on. Breakfast was buffet style but not cooked when I stayed in April 2012 but no big deal for me. Cold selection was limited. Very clean and staff very helpful. Enjoyed the couple of nights I was here and front rooms look out over the sea and pier.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Dear James M,

Thank you for taking the time to review Mode. We value all feedback to ensure we are delivering the best possible services to all of our guests.
I am delighted to hear you found our rooms to be clean, modern and that you enjoyed the service and also facilities. We aim to provide all our guests with a pleasant and comfortable stay at Mode.
Thank you again for your time. I hope we have the pleasure in welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 14 August 2012

This is a fantastic find in Lytham. I come to Lytham regularly with work. I have stayed in a number of hotels on the Promenade, including The Dalmeny and Inn on the Prom. This is definitely a cut above the rest.

The rooms are very stylish and I would describe as 'boutique'. I stay in a hotels 4 nights a week at the moment and what a pleasure it was to step into The Mode hotel.

The free wifi is good enough to stream movies from Lovefilm (which is more than I can say for some Best Westerns). There is no gym facilities and no pool...and no cooked breakfast. However, if you decide to give the gym and pool a miss and stick to continental breakfasts, then there's plenty to choose from.

The room condiments are of good quality and, unlike The Dalmeny down the road, here you can have the ironing board brought to your room!

The novelty of this hotel has to be the bar...a fully stocked bar with an 'honesty' policy...you write down what you have in a book and it's added to your bill. I didn't frequent the bar myself but next time I will.

The staff were lovely too so all in all, a lovely hotel. I definitely will stay here again. In fact, it will be the only place I'll stay when in Lytham St. Anne's :)

Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business

Dear SebastianHope,

Thank you very much for writing such a nice comments and feedback about Mode on TripAdvisor.
I am delighted to hear that you were happily satisfied with your stay. Mode team strives to provide the best service and we promise to maintain and continuously improve our standards of the hotel. We don't have swimming pool or gym in our building, but all our guests can use YMCA indoor swimming pool and also gym, and those facilities are located just across the road, opposite Mode.
I will share your comments with Mode team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.
We truly hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back for your next visit in Lytham St Anne's and thank you again for wonderful comments about Mode!!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 14 August 2012

This hotel may not be to everyone's taste but that what makes us all unique...........

My wife and I stayed in room 15 Friday to Sunday 10th to 12th August. The room overlooks the pier and the sea and is adequately furnished with a large bed, wardrobe and dresser. There is a 'Balcony' but I doubt anyone would use it as it's very small and quite clostrophobic. Whilst the bathroom was rather small it was adequate for our needs, well stocked with girlie items and clean. Having read previous reviews I was a little apprehensive about the continental breakfast arrangement but there really was no need. It was both plentiful and varied with a homely atmosphere. I have to say that neither my wife of I made use of the 'Honesty Bar' so I am unable to comment further.
I think its been said a number of times already but I would just like to echo the thoughts of other guests regarding staff at Mode. The young ladies are polite, very attentive with nothing too much trouble. They are always on hand to offer complementary tea's and coffee's after a good afternoons walking in the fresh sea air.
Would I return? Yes. Its not a home from home but is that not the reason why we have a weekend break?

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
MODE_HOTEL, General Manager at Mode Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2012

Dear Yowfailed,

I would like to thank you for writing a review following your recent stay at Mode. Your great feedback is both useful and valued. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our Continental Breakfast. Our team continuously strives towards service excellence, which you have experienced during your stay with us. I do agree with your comment, that room 15 terrace is a bit small, but I hope it hasn't disappointed your recent experience with us.

Thank you for choosing Mode and it was our pleasure to have you as our guest! We look forward to welcoming you back at Mode in the future.

Reviewed 30 July 2012

My boyfriend often has business meetins in Lytham and sugessted I tagged along and make a break out of it. We chose Mode to stay in and weren't dissapointed. The manageress couldnt do enough for us and made us feel very welcome. The hotel was lovely, clean and our room was very spacious. Breakfast was continental, with good choice and unlimited. There was complimentary tea and coffee throughout our stay. The only down side was the large bed was actually two smaller beds pushed together. Overall though, a very lovely hotel and would not hesitiate to stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Emma A
MODE_HOTEL, General Manager at Mode Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2012

Dear Emma A,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Mode and posting your review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to know that you and your boyfriend enjoyed your stay. It was the greatest pleasure to look after both of you. I’m delighted to hear that you appreciated the quality of continental breakfast, spacious bedroom and our service.Thank you for making coment regards the bed, I’ll do my best to solve this issue.
We truly hope you will soon be back in Lytham St Anne’s and we look forward to welcoming you at Mode in the near future.