“Very well run hotel”

Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Lytham St Anne's
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Very well run hotel”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We stayed here for a couple of nights and found the hotel and staff very pleasant. We are a young family and stopped on the second floor in room 7. We found the room spacious and it easily had room for the travel cot and pram. It's location is good and only a five minute walk from the square shopping area where you will find a Costa (my favourite coffee) and plenty of good restaurants. There is a bus route to Blackpool and will take approx 20min. 15min cab journey which will cost between 10-15 pound one way (your better off going into town around 9 and parking, there are car parks that you can stop at most of the day for around 10 pound) - back to the hotel, great shower rooms and good complementary coffee, biscuits etc. free WIFI also with unlimited download, fairly good speed. The hotel only does a continental breakfast, but to be honest I enjoyed the change from a fry up , there was plenty of choice. Make use of the "honesty bar" although with four cameras in the bar area it feels like your in big brother and takes away the feel good factor that the honesty bar attempts to promote... Great trip, great hotel and we would recommend friends and family to stay here in the future.

Room Tip: Request a sea facing room as these come with a great view and balcony. Ask the receptionist about lo...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
MODE_HOTEL, General Manager at Mode Hotel, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
Dear shaneksmith,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on TripAdvisor after your resent stay at Mode.
I am happy to hear that you fully enjoyed your experience and that you will be staying with us again. We take great pride in the service that we provide and work diligently to ensure that each and every person that stays at Mode has a great time. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed our continental breakfast.
Thank you again for sharing your feedback and I hope that you will be back to Mode in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Lina

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
Brighouse, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Our first stay in Lytham and what a delightful hotel with continental breakfast which was superb. The hotel was spotless and the staff couldnt have been nicer or more helpful would recommend it to anyone

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Dear moron53,

Thank you for your recent stay at Mode hotel and for your valuable feedback. Your kind comments regarding the cleanness of the bedroom, customer service and superb continental breakfast are highly appreciated.
It was great pleasure to have you as our guest and I hope to welcome you back at Mode in the near future.

holty10
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I booked this hotel when another hotel popular hotel in Blackpool couldn’t guarantee me a refurbished room.

I know that everyone has different expectations from a hotel, but my main priority is cleanliness and this place was spotless. I am also quite a private person and as this place is quite small you don't have to interact with lots of other guests!

The hotel was basic but modern and spotless. The room was nice and cosy and the blackout blinds ensured a fantastic sleep on both nights that I stayed there and I really do struggle with sleeping. The breakfast was a basic continental but did the job!
I liked the honest bar policy where you could help yourself to your own drinks between 10pm and midnight because Reception closed at 10pm. It gave the place a very nice feel that they trusted their guests in that way!

We didn't get to the hotel until after 10pm but as we had pre advised them they ensured we could collect our room key easily. We also opted for a late check out- there were 2 options; 12pm or 4pm and I think the rate for late check out was very reasonable.

The hotel is quite basic, but new and clean and perfect for my 2 day stay to attend a wedding in the area. I enjoyed my stay there and if I ever went back to Blackpool I would choose The Mode again. I don’t have children so can’t really comment on whether it was family friendly but can’t see why not. We didn't have a sea view room as booked late but that didn't bother me.

The Receptionist that was on during my 2 night stay was really good (I'm a stickler about good customer service) - she was helpful and cheery (think her name was Daniella) and knowledgeable about the local area.

Dear holty10,

Thank you very much for taking the time and effort to write your wonderful review and also for choosing to stay at Mode on your two days visit to Lytham St Anne's. I am delighted to hear you found our accommodation to be super clean, modern and that you enjoyed the service and also honesty bar. We aim to provide all our guests with a pleasant and comfortable stay at Mode.
Thank you for the wonderful feedback regards our service. It was an absolute pleasure to look after you during your stay and I will certainly pass on your feedback to Daniela. We will certainly strive to keep up the good work.

I am very happy you chose to stay at Mode and I look forward to being able to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Yours Sincerely,

Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Our first time to Lytham and the Mode. We thoroughly enjoyed our two nights. The breakfast was very enjoyable and the staff were top notch.

Only problem was that for the price of £90 per night we thought we had booked a sea view room with abalcony.Unfortunately not. We had a room at the back of the Hotel. Whilst the room was very clean and tidy it did not have a sea view or a balcony.

The location was excellent. A short walk into the Town. The Hotel car park was very tight and it was difficult to find a spare space on the promenade. On our first night we were kept awake by a banging headboard and screaming from the room next door. What was happening I don't know.

Would visit Lytham again but feel that the room at the Mode was over priced. £75 would have been more realistic.

Room Tip: Arrive early if you wish to use the car park and make sure you book a room at the front if you want...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Overboard123
Dear Overboard123,

Thank you so much for taking the time and leaving a feedback about Mode on Trip Advisor. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our continental breakfast and noticed we do have a very clean hotel with excellent great staff. I'm really sorry to hear that over night time you had some distributions, it doesn't happen very often, but unfortunately you had to experience it. Our hotel prices comparing with other local hotels are very competitive and even cheaper. We do offer special deals for direct reservations and if you would like to stay with us again, just please give us a call and we will be able to offer better deal.
Thanks again for your comments and I hope to see you next time you will be travelling to Lytham St Anne’s.

Liverpool
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Lovely little place on the beach front - staff could not do enough for you - made you feel very welcome - nice little touches too - complimentary newspaper, offered free pastries during the day. The room was very spacious, lovely décor, very comfortable bed/bedding - nice big tv on wall with a lovely balcony which had small table and chairs. Breakfast is continental but everywhere was fresh, well stocked and very enjoyable! Looking forward to returning !

Room Tip: Rooms on the front have a sea view
1 Thank Pricilla
MODE_HOTEL, General Manager at Mode Hotel, responded to this review, 17 August 2013
Dear Pricilla,

That's a great review!! I would like to thank you for sharing your lovely feedback following your recent stay at Mode. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were pleased with the service and facilities at the Mode. All your kind comments with regards to our bedrooms, the staff’ friendliness and also Continental breakfast are greatly appreciated.

Thank you for staying at Mode and for your wonderful comments. We look forward to welcoming you at Mode in the near future, and we can't wait to make your another stay the most pleasant one and to exceed your expectations!!

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2013

we booked at the last minute and got the superior room 15 on the top floor! lovely sea view from the balcony! the room was very spacious and clean, the bed was huge and comfy! had a good selection of hot drinks. the bathroom only has a shower, no bath, great hairdryer! but was very clean.
i found it a very peaceful hotel, didn't get bothered by much noises such as banging, or heavy traffic outside. the receptionist was very lovely and very helpful. the bar was quiet when we were there, very modern and relaxing. the dining/breakfast room was also very modern and the continental breakfast was just perfect! a nice selection of breakfasts.its located right on the front, close to the shops and sea! fab! we didn't have one issue while staying at the mode and i would recommend it to anyone just wanting a nice chill out break. thank you for the brilliant stay, hope to be back again one day.

1 Thank joe4fred
Dear joe4fred,

I am delighted to learn that you truly enjoyed your stay with us and that the services of my team met your expectations. Thank you for pointing out how clean and comfortable room 15 was and that the continental breakfast was "just perfect"! We are committed to provide an exceptional service and a clean, well maintained environment for all our guests and it's so gratifying to receive such an exceptional rating. Your brilliant feedback about experience at Mode will be shared during my weekly meeting with all my team and I know they will be over the moon to read your kind words.
I'm so glad you had very relaxing break at Mode and I hope you will visit Mode again very soon!

Yours Sincerely,

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2013

My husband and I spent 6 nights at Mode in August. We wanted to stay in a quality hotel by the sea to relax and recharge our batteries! We loved the hotel and will definitely return again. We stayed in room1, first floor with a balcony. The room was spacious, well appointed, massive comfortable bed and nice linen. As the weather was warm it was heavenly to sleep with the door to the balcony open and feel the cool air and smell the sea! The en suite bathroom was small but perfectly functional with nice toiletries and a powerful shower.
Thank you to the hotel staff who worked hard to deliver outstanding customer service. These young ladies are a real asset to this hotel.
Breakfast was lovely and there was a modern bar area used only once by us for a coffee. There was a quirky honesty bar in place but we did not use it.
The hotel is in a prime location opposite the seafront in St Annes, ideally situated for exploration to the beautiful coast and countryside. There is parking within the hotel grounds and ample spaces for parking on the road outside.
This hotel suited our needs perfectly and the overall experience was exceptional, as stated we look forward to staying again this Autumn.

Room Tip: Front facing room with a balcony.
Dear liharve,

Thank you very much for taking the time and effort to write your wonderful review, to post pictures and also for choosing to stay at Mode on your recent visit to Lytham St Anne's.
I am delighted that you really enjoyed your experience with us. Thank you for the wonderful feedback regards our service. It was an absolute pleasure to look after you during your 6 days stay and I will certainly pass on your feedback to my team. We will certainly strive to keep up the good work.

We are very happy you chose to stay with us and we look forward to being able to welcome you back to the hotel in autumn!