“Comfortable small hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Lytham St Anne's
North Yorkshire, UK
“Comfortable small hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

We chose this hotel from the excellent reviews on Tripadvisor and stayed last Sunday night, after attending the Lytham Proms. We received a warm welcome from Alicja on reception who was very helpful. We had a spacious room on the second floor overlooking the back of the hotel, which was very clean, comfortable and quiet. The bathroom was well equipped with a walk in shower, but a make-up/shaving mirror would have been a useful addition. The Continental breakfast buffet had a good choice of food, which was replenished as required.
We recommend this hotel and would stay again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MODE_HOTEL, General Manager at Mode Hotel, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Dear Shemala,

Thank you very much for a great review about your stay at Mode. I am very pleased to know you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. Also, thank you for mentioning Alicja. My staff are always delighted to receive a few nice words about their hard work. We will be more than happy to welcome you at Mode again, hopefully in not too distant future.

Anna

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

just back from a 2 day break at the mode hotel and it's one of the best hotels i've been to in a long time where do i start well with the staff who couldn't do enough for us especially hannah nothing was to much for the staff so well done ladies now the room we had was on the first floor with a small balcony with a beautifull view of the sea and st annes coastline very impressed with this toilets were very clean and so was the room in general lovely big comfortable bed and the room was a very decent size as well moving on to breakfast the mode only serves a continental breakfast but it was more than enough and plenty of it the small home baked pastries were do die for me and my partner were sorry it was only a 2 day break but we will defo return in the near future .......thank you so much for making our short break fantastic ( mode hotel )

Room Tip: ask for a sea view
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MODE_HOTEL, General Manager at Mode Hotel, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear albertosoave777

It is such a pleasure to read your feedback about our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to share with Trip Advisor audience what a great stay you have had. Comments about our staff, Hannah especially, are truly appreciated. We employ nice and friendly atmosphere to make our dear guests feel welcome and at ease. Breakfast.. I am so happy you took the full advantage of our delicious pastries and found the breakfast items plentiful. I am so looking forward to see you again, hopefully in not too distant future.

Falkirk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a long weekend (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) in July

Lovely Seaview room with balcony, and the room itself was wonderful, a bit warm but a pedestal fan was available which was well used by us (maybe cool rooms down before guests arrive?) Unfortunately there were a few issues with the balcony. There a large sunken area on one side which put up off using it, and although staff said it was safe (I'd like to have seen civil engineering proof!) they also admitted that it had been like that for two months so whilst I appreciated you can't get things fixed overnight, they had long enough. To be fair, the hotel refunded the extra part that I paid for the balcony and Seaview so I can't fault them for that (we were in room 9 so if you have this room I suggest you check with hotel)

Second fault with the balconies was that the ignorant people in room 7 kept smoking a cigar on the balcony despite a no smoking rule. To be fair the no smoking sign on the balcony had been peeled off (by whom???) but the glass doors still had a label on. I reported this to to staff several times but wanted them to catch the culprits, they eventually did but it was on the final evening, felt more could have been done considering the hotel guide speaks of fines and how strict their policy is.

Hotel is well placed, central, great Seaview, car park is small and too tight but I just chose to park on the main road instead. Breakfast is continental which suits me as a veggie, it's basic but good although we did once request the ice chilling the yogurts to be changed (was lukewarm) and it was ignored, and that put my fiancée off a bit given her food industry background

Despite the small niggles I think we should still stay here again, the staff are all very helpful and friendly.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
MODE_HOTEL, General Manager at Mode Hotel, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear FalkirkJim,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and also for taking the time to leave a feedback about your visit. I am pleased to know you found the room itself wonderful and our staff helpful. Since, you have stayed with us the balcony has been fixed as well as the problem with yoghurts. The ice machine has broken and although we keep our yoghurts in the fridge we were not able to keep them cool during the 2 hours of the breakfast serving time (normally, we keep them in a bowl full of ice). I apologize it has not been explained to you when the problem occurred. Yes, we do have a non – smoking policy within our premises and it has been mentioned to the guests who were smoking on the balcony. We put more stickers since then and decided to be even stricter about it. I would love to host you again and believe there will not be any niggles for your next visit!

Leeds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

I booked for my parents to stay in this hotel on 19th July 2014 in order for them to celebrate my mum's 75th birthday and their wedding anniversary as we had stayed here in 2013 & enjoyed our stay.

To help them celebrate, I requested a bottle of red wine to be in the room upon arrival at the time of the booking. This was confirmed several times via email & telephone conversations.

Lo and behold when my parents arrived at the hotel there was no wine waiting for them in their room. I could not believe, after so many emails & telephone conversations, this would have been forgotten about.

I phoned the hotel immediately and spoke to a member of staff & asked to speak to the duty manager. I was informed the duty manager was not working. I was advised the duty manager would be in work the next day (Sunday) at 9.00am. I explained the situation and my voiced my huge disappointment and, to their credit, a bottle of wine was delivered to their room shortly after my telephone conversation, but this was too little too late. I asked for the manager to call me back the next morning.

Sunday morning I eagerly awaited a call from the manager. By 11.30am I was fed up of waiting so phoned the hotel myself. When I asked to speak to the manager I was told there was no manager in and there was only her working in the hotel at that time. When I asked why I was informed the day before that a manager was working on the Sunday she said she didn't know. I asked when a manager would be in and was given an extremely vague reply of "well, not today or tomorrow" so I presume she meant Tuesday.

I was not willing to wait another two days before speaking to someone so sent an email addressed to the duty manager outlining details of my complaint and asked for a response.

As I hadn't received any reply by Wednesday, following a bit of research, I managed to find the managing director's email address so forwarded details to him. The next morning I received a reply confirming he would look into all aspects of my complaint &, later that day, I received a very honest and apologetic reply. I was advised the hotel will endeavour to resolve any complaints within twenty four hours in future. The reason given as to why the wine wasn’t in the room is that due to my parents arriving at 12.30pm and official check-in is 2.00pm, because my parents long journey, the receptionist thought they would like to relax and let them in the room but in hindsight they should have ensured the room was ready, including the bottle of wine which was already paid for.

I do believe the managing director has relayed details to the staff at the hotel & I hope lessons have been learnt so nobody else has similar issues. It is however disappointing that I had to go to such lengths to receive a quality of customer service which should be standard in a hotel, especially when it promotes on their website of their 'professional & personal service'.

Compensation has been offered by the managing director which is very generous. I hope staff at The Mode learn from his professionalism & high level of customer service.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Cleanliness
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
MODE_HOTEL, General Manager at Mode Hotel, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Dear andrew t,

Thank you for taking the time and leaving us with feedback here on Trip Advisor. I apologize for what has happened. Required actions have been taken ensuring situation as such will not take place again. I was delighted to meet your parents the other day and was really pleased to find out they thoroughly enjoyed their stay.

Manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

This hotel is really nice. On the front and near to all shops, etc. You get a lovely welcome here. Very friendly, happy to help nothing too much trouble. Alicia! Is a real asset to the hotel.
We stayed in room 3 had a little balcony facing the sea worth paying the extra.
The bedrooms are very nice, very comfortable bed and the bathroom is very clean and tidy.
The only downside is the parking -only nine spaces so get there early. There is plenty of parking on the side streets so not too bad.
Nice continental breakfast with Alicia serving...she works so hard this girl.
Thank you for a lovely stay we will be back again soon.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a balcony sea view room
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Cleanliness
Dear KPRI,

What a great review. Thank you for taking the time to write such fantastic words about our hotel. Moreover, Alicja is thrilled to be mentioned. It always is very rewarding to be noticed for staff’s hard work. Thank you for mentioning the bedrooms too. I am pleased to know that the balcony and the sea view contributed to your overall experience here at Mode. Thank you for choosing us and I cannot wait to have you here again.

Best Regards
Ashby-de-la-Zouch, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

very modern with upmarket bedrooms and a help yourself trust bar, clean restaurant but no atmosphere and the breakfast was very basic, I miss my full English when I stay away so although I was there for 2 nights I had my 2nd breakfast in town.
Don't let me put you off this is a nice modern hotel

Room Tip: try for one facing the beach front
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Trunkers,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am happy to know you found Mode modern and clean. I am sorry to hear you found our Visit England Breakfast Award winning Continental Breakfast basic. We believe we provide good selection of high quality fresh food, i.e. freshly baked breads, croissants and pastries, boiled eggs and smoked salmon, and much more. Although, you went for your 2nd breakfast elsewhere, I am happy you have tried ours on the 1st night of your stay. Thank you for staying with us and it would be a pleasure to be your host again.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

Arrived at Mode Hotel after having arrived at another hotel and found they didn't have my booking and they were full. Not what you want to hear after a 4 hour drive. Was tired and very bad tempered but the lovely woman of reception, was so helpful, found me a room and suggested I go and get settled then come down where she would have a Gin and Tonic waiting for me. You can't get better service than that.

The hotel is boutique style, smart and clean. All the guests were very friendly and I suspect regulars which is not surprising given the quality of this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank KJScotland
MODE_HOTEL, General Manager at Mode Hotel, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear KJScotland,

I am delighted to read the feedback you left about Mode here on TripAdvisor. My attentive staff are thrilled to be mentioned. I am very happy they helped you to relax after the day you have had. You are right, we do get many regular customers and with our Loyalty Scheme we feel like we are giving something back for their commitment. I hope to see you again in not too distant future.