“Could NOT be BETTER!!”

Ad Astra Guesthouse
Reviewed 27 May 2013

This wonderful Bed and Breakfast is one half block from Sea!! Centrally located to all the shops and to St. Annes Square! Paul and Sherilee Densham are so NICE and WELCOMING!! We fell in LOVE with them. We had a party of 8 and they handled all the accommodations flawlessly! They are the consumate hosts. We will return to St. Anne's/Lytham area and there is only ONE place to stay and that is at AD ASTRA!!b You won't be disappointed by their hospitality!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank vicki o

Reviewed 26 March 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights with my husband and 2 year old son. Prior to our stay I emailed Sherilee to see how well catered it would be for my little boy and found there was no need to take a high chair or cot (although he happily slept in the single bed with our bed rail) and for his breakfast he had banana, fromage frais, toast, cereals to choose from which was perfect....even had a toy box to rummage in borrowed from their grandson to keep him quiet....so he wasn't hungry or bored!! Breakfast for us grown ups was tasty and good choice with juice, hot drinks, yogurt, cereal, fruit, full cooked or toast. Delicious. Our room was clean and tidy, only negative points which were bearable for the few nights we stayed were that the room was very cold, draughty windows despite double glazing, the cold tap made a loud noise when turned on and the shower was a bit fiddley to use. Very thankful to Sherilee for making our stay so relaxing and coping single handed.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Gemma H
Reviewed 13 February 2013

Very relaxing peaceful rooms. Spacious and larger than many an expensive hotel. Unusual for a B and B to have such a good choice at breakfast. Would definitely stay there again.Handy that dogs are excepted and certainly saw no signs that any had stayed there --very clean and spotless comfy bed.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tartanlass17
Reviewed 5 February 2013

My best friends & I stayed here for a long weekend for my birthday, and as I am a wheelchair-user I checked ahead to see if they could feed me and accommodate me and my special needs. Sherilee was WONDERFUL!! Not for a moment did I feel a nuisance; she did her best to ensure I felt comfortable AND safe - and not only - but also, gave me gluten-free toasted muffins in my own little antique toast-rack at breakfast, which was delightful! I was enchanted by the rooms bein named after trees, and the excellent standard of care and service; especially as the house was full to the brim, though not noisy, which surprised us. She ensured I had forecourt parking in order to charge my wheelchair, so I was able to completely relax and enjoy being thoroughly spoiled by my friends! Both are vegetarian, and loved their breakfasts, and Sherilee cooked me smoked haddock and perfect poached eggs - heavenly..
Such a wonderful place to stay - we loved it, and will most definitely come to stay again as soon as we can. Worth every penny - though not at all expensive! Great location, too, just off the main road, and close to the Lake, RSBP centre, Beach Terrace Cafe and the town and it's charity shops. Not even the tiniest grumble about anything... 11 out of ten!!!

Room Tip: There is a ground-floor twin/double room - but you need to ask for it!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ducklet2
Reviewed 25 December 2012

We stayed two nights in December 2012. The breakfast was absolutely delicious, with ample vegetarian options, and the room spotlessly clean. The owners were friendly and helpful. 1st class. If you're staying and navigating by SatNav, use the postcode rather than the streetname, as our TomTom lead us astray.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2012

My hubby and I stayed for 3 nights recently and found it to be a delight. Room was very clean and spacious and the sofa made a great difference to relax after a day out. Breakfast was very good with locally sourced produce, also handy for the beach and shops. Excellent value for money and will certainly be back!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank liznisbet
Reviewed 6 September 2012

My wife and I (along with little dog) stayed for a couple of nights recently and found the guest house to be very welcoming and friendly. Room was fairly typical of a seaside guest house - a little dated but very clean. The shower was the only down side - no pressure and awkward to control. Breakfast was excellent with nice fresh produce. Nice location by beach and pretty quiet.
Overall - good value and we would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple