“Excellent cake!!!!! ”
Review of Bijou of Lytham

Bijou of Lytham
Price range: US$4 - US$10
Description: We offer breakfast and lunch options plus a variety of hot meals and soups on our specials board. Offering plenty of Gluten Free options from sandwiches, scones and cakes. Best of all, we are Dog Friendly.
Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

Beautiful cafe situated in the centre of the town. Lovely interior, very clean and cosy. The staff were very friendly and service was excellent. If you’re a cake fan then this is definitely the place to go. Lots of choice and all of them taste amazing! Will certainly be going back!!!!

Nina H, Manager at Bijou of Lytham, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2018

Thank you Hayley the cakes are indeed amazing... I make sure I try them all to ensure they're good enough for our customers lol. Look forward to seeing you and your family again

Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

Sunday Brunch with my sister and nephew. Bijou was good before but now under new ownership it is even better. We had a breakfast and an Eggs Benedict, my fav and go to comparable brunch item! Both were delicious, served fast and very competitively priced for Lytham. I didn't take Meg (dog) but they are now welcome too! Well worth a visit, for those thinking it's too far to walk, that's the No.7 or No.11 Bus! Get off at St Peters RC Church Lytham!

2  Thank Ben L
Nina H, Manager at Bijou of Lytham, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review, we really appreciate it!
Soo glad you enjoyed your brunch, Eggs Benedict is defiantly one of the favorites here.
Thank you also for the great tip re the buses!!
We look forward to seeing you again soon and to meeting Meg

Reviewed 9 January 2018

My family and I visited on Sunday and were very pleased to discover they were dog friendly so after a long walk in the cold we could 'all' relax in the warm.
There was a lovely friendly atmosphere and although incredibly busy the staff could not do enough to make us feel welcome. The food was delicious and well worth the wait and the dog biscuit for Harry was a much appreciated little extra.
Sadly we do not live in the area but will be back!

1  Thank Emma S

Hello Emma, Thank you for your review and I am really pleased to hear you 'all' enjoyed your visit and hope to see you all again when you are in the area.

Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

Visited on Sunday and what a surprise.
I’m not normally a cafe goer due to a preconceived idea I have that they are all greasy spoons.
Well I couldn’t have been further from the truth, the cafe is spotless clean, light and extremely welcoming. The prices are very reasonable and staff were excellent, but of all the things I could mention the food has to be top of the bill!! It was restaurant quality at very reasonable prices, I had the full English (expecting greasy spoon) it was all top quality ingredients served with a smile.
Even our dog was happy after being given a treat. We have struggled to find anywhere to go with our dog in the past so was a really pleased to have found this little gem.
We will definitely be returning regularly.

2  Thank Karl D

Thank you Karl, we are very pleased to hear we are not labeled a 'greasy spoon' and do indeed use only the best quality ingredients, all sourced locally too.
We aim to keep all our customers happy, including the 4 legged ones :)
We look forward to seeing you all again.

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

Called here today for Brunch and the service was so very slow! . After waiting for a good 45 minutes for our food my wife dated to ask how much longer it would be, only to be told “She only has one pair of hands” she’s started cooking the eggs now. A couple sitting near to us were there when we arrived and they got served as we were leaving. To be fair the food was ok although the portions were small but we won’t go there again.

2  Thank david f
Nina H, Manager at Bijou of Lytham, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2018

Dear David,
Apologies that you did not enjoy your experience on Sunday - I agree you waited far too long for your food, and as a result of this you and your wife were given complimentary coffees and to our knowledge left happy so was sad to read your review.
We do only have one cook currently, but as we are much busier than anticipated we are looking into getting more assistance - we only took over a couple of months ago so are still on a learning curve and will take your points on board.
Sorry to hear you won't be returning but we wish you and your wife well.