“relaxing and friendly”

Inn on the Prom Hotel
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Lytham St Anne's
Reviewed 29 October 2011

This was our second visit this year. Our 6 year old grandaughter says it's her favourite hotel -the pool's a nice size and the jacuzzi's a bonus. The family room on the top floor facing the beach was large, modern and well designed. Breakfast was of a very good quality and the service was second to none! St. Anne's is great for families.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea /beach view
2  Thank Jean W
innontheprom, Owner at Inn on the Prom Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2016

hope to see you soon
The team at the inn on the prom
check out our great deals!

Reviewed 29 October 2011

We booked a last minute 'family boutique' room for 2 nights during the Halloween special.

The good points:
Excellent location in Lytham St Annes (very quaint little town)
Plenty of car parking.
Hotel was welcoming, friendly, warm and comfortable.
Hotel facilities and overall first impressions were very good.
Pool, jacuzzi area were ok, but the changing rooms were freezing cold.
All staff were very pleasant and attentive.
Fabulous breakfast - yum yum!

Let Downs:
'Complimentary dinner' not great ..... and watch out for the very frozen desserts. Very limited choice also.
Our Boutique Family room was very small for the 3 of us - nothing like the internet pictures
Bathroom had no heating system and as the bathroom window could not be closed due to a faulty handle, it was a bit cold, especially when showering!!
Bar very expensive (but guess all hotels take advantage of having you on site)!

All in all the hotel was ok, better than the standard in Blackpool. However for the price I paid, I felt it was not good value for money.

Room Tip: Boutique Rooms seem to be the preferred option!
Reviewed 22 October 2011

After a bad experience in a hotel in Blackpool I called this hotel for a room for myself and my two year old daughter. The staff was obliging, allowing us to check in early, looking after our luggage for us in the meantime and offering any assistamce they could.

Our room was booked as a standard double but it was fantastic. Good size, everything we needed, beautifully presented...

The food at the restaurant was excellent value and of a very good standard. The breakfasts were lovely and there was an excellent selection. The waiters couldnt do enough for us and they were very accomodating for children. We only attended the evening entertainment once but it was excellent.

The pool area was clean and we felt like we had the pool to ourselves most of the time.

The receptionists were also very friendly and really helpful when i lost the key to our room (turned out my two year old had hidden it in a sock in our bin!!!)

I cannot fault this hotel and if I have to return to the area again will not hesitate in staying here again. An excellent hotel for families.

2  Thank debbie m

hope to see you soon
The team at the inn on the prom

Reviewed 18 October 2011

We cannot fault a thing about the hotel.For a dancing party its FABULOUS.Food and bedrooms very comfortable.Ballroom excellant.AND ALL THE STAFF ARE WONDERFUL.If you did have any problem just tell them straight away and they will sort it.You would be a fool not to try this fantastic hotel.Even the reservations manager is a wonderful young girl.Love you guys see you next month.Carol "Twinklefingers" and Darling Den

Room Tip: Just tell the wonderful staff exactly what you want and they will oblige.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Carol-Marie b
Reviewed 16 October 2011

We had a lovely weekend break in this hotel (2nights bed, breakfast, dinner and dance) with our social dance group in July. There were probably 100 of us in total. As a couple, we didn't choose to upgrade our room, but as the room we were given had a 4poster bed- it was a bit special . Olde furniture - not boutique - but that wasnt a problem to us as the room was a good size and clean. The hotel staff were professional but relaxed and friendly. We enjoyed the breakfast, the choice was good as was the choice of menu at Dinner. It was well cooked and the service was good- I remember a very tender lamb shank one of the evenings with a fab choice of desserts and the dance facilities were excellent. Even when we checked out there was no hurry - we stayed until 4pm drinking coffee and chatting.The hotel is close to the town and a wonderful weekend was had by all I spoke to. The pool looked good but we didnt get chance to use it. Our group are booked to do a similar weekend at Christmas- it was that good

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank ElainexEngland
Reviewed 12 October 2011

My visit was quite enjoyable and the food was up to standard for this type of Hotel. The BIG let down was our visit to the Pool the changing rooms looked like a pool and appeared had not been cleaned the Sauna was just passable but the look of the Jacuzzi we decided we would give it a miss we also got caught with swimming lessons which meant we lost half of the small pool.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2011

I booked a boutique room for three nights at a cost of £85 per night with a fourth night free of charge. Firstly, I will begin by reviewing the "boutique" room (an additional £30 was paid for this privilege). Comments about the room: not very spacious, very poor quality shower (NOT a power shower) which provided mere trickles of hot water. I must say that for a boutique room, the poor quality shower was simply not good enough. The comfortability of the bed was average and the only real highlight of the room was its plasma flat-screen TV attached to the wall opposite the bed. For me, this was really the only thing that made it a "boutique" room.

Secondly, the overall facilities were average. Swimming pool - average; gym - average. The only highlight here was the snooker table. However, the table's felt was in rather urgent need of being replaced. Thirdly, the hotel's breakfast was not great (after the first breakfast, I only had 1 out of 4 breakfasts out of choice). After the first breakfast, I preferred going to the M&S behind the hotel for my brunch. The cooked English breakfast was very average and I know what I am talking about here due to my past experience of having sampled many English breakfasts at hotels all over the world. The only positive aspect about the food was the evening meal, which was of a reasonably high standard.

For the amount of money that I paid (£255), I did expect rather more than simply a nice TV in my room, a reasonable snooker table and a decent evening meal. Regretfully, I will not be staying at this hotel again.

Room Tip: I would not recommend reserving a boutique room at the cost of £85 per night.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lytham St Anne's
Dalmeny Resort Hotel
Dalmeny Resort Hotel
#8 of 16 in Lytham St Anne's
Best Western Plus Blackpool Lytham St Annes Glendower Hotel
Best Western Plus Blackpool Lyth...
#4 of 16 in Lytham St Anne's
#1 of 1 in St. Annes-on-Sea
Clifton Park Hotel
Clifton Park Hotel
#7 of 16 in Lytham St Anne's

Been to Inn on the Prom Hotel? Share your experiences!