“Thank you, Inn on the Prom”

Inn on the Prom Hotel
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Lytham St Anne's
Cumbernauld, United Kingdom
“Thank you, Inn on the Prom”
Reviewed 15 June 2013

I had an impromptu visit at the Inn on the Prom in June 2013. My parents were staying there on a week break with the Larbert and Stenhousemuir Age Concern group. Unfortunately my dad fell ill and was taken to hospital. I drove over 200 miles down to see him and my mum.
On my arrival at the hotel the staff were fantastic. They were very helpful to my mum and me. Everyone was really caring and could not do enough. Fortunately my dad was released for hospital and returned to the hotel. The staff looked after him ensuring he was ok, and furthermore had reserved a room for me to stay over. I duly accepted and after this spent a pleasant and relaxing in the hotel and in the lovely town of St Anne’s. My Parents were able to complete their holiday, and I believe that was in part due to the kindness, concern, and consideration shown by the staff of the hotel lead by manager Tom.
In a fine large spacious hotel with a relaxing atmosphere, looking around and talking to other members of the holiday group, it was clear to me that everyone was having a great time at the Inn on the Prom.
So I would like to thank the staff from the INN on the PROM and show my appreciation once again.
Thank you, you are all very much appreciated.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Murray N
innontheprom, Owner at Inn on the Prom Hotel, responded to this review, 3 June 2016
check out our great deals!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
Reviewed 8 June 2013

My partner booked the boutique penthouse apartment for my 40th, It is the first time we have been away together without children in over 20 years and for 1 night wanted something special. Having seen the photos on the website we decided to book as it did look very luxurious as also stated. The price for 1 night Dbb was £ 195 if paid in advance or £235 on arrival, we paid at time of booking. we arrived and it was a lovely hot sunny day. At check in we was given our keys and told although your key fob says 501 you need to follow the signs for rooftops on the second floor, ,despite our struggle to find the room we could not wait to see it!!!! However on opening the door I have to say I was very disappointed, but tried to hide the fact from my partner. As I placed the case on the bed I noticed that the bedding was stained, I asked my partner who had gone to check out the rest of the rooms what they were like and he just said Im really sorry and shook his head. The dressing room had damp peeling wallpaper on the walls...the furniture and fittings were ripped, stained and in serious need of renewing.The window you could see out of faced a red brick wall, the other window you could not see out of for condensation as the seal had gone. The rooftop balcony overlooking Old st Annes was very shoddy uneven flags everything shook as you walked across it the rusty sharp railings that enclose it I actually tore my pants on and the view well its actually a slateless roof.Enough was enough so I went to reception and asked if It was the best room available and was told I am in the best ppfffttt I listed the problems with the room and was told that housekeeping would come and sort the bed and the manager would come and see us.Within 20 mins housekeeping was in the room, 2 very pleasant ladies changed the bedding and listened to what I had to say. I have never stayed in a hotel that even in the most basic of rooms doesn't supply complimentary toiletries however not even the penthouse suite at the Inn on the prom is worthy of this. The housekeeping disappeared and then we got a call from reception the manger was to busy to see us but would see us before we leave, as a gesture they would charge us £155 the cost of a basic room would I like the £40 difference putting on the tab at the bar ummmm no I dont think so!!!!!! The house keeper (Charlie) returned with toiletries, sewing kit etc very apologetic and later sent a bucket of fizz with 2 glasses, thank you girls. On another good note the food was good and service excellent. I never got to see the manager shame she does not have as much pride in her work as the rest of the staff. If it hadn't been for the kindness shown by housekeeping and the glorious sunshine we would have returned home.

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank jakella321
Winsford, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2013

After an extensive search to find a hotel for one night we found this gem, we required a hotel near Blackpool for one night Sunday 2nd June so we could attend a funeral in Blackpool early Monday morning. This hotel ticked all the boxes. The room was excellent, clean and tidy and had a view over the front. The bar area was good, good selection of wines and beers. We ate at the hotel that night, my wife is gluton free and they catered for her with no problems the meal was excellent and the bottle of wine was not expensive.Breakfast the next morning wasd help your self, again the food was hot, selection was good, but at £10 per head a little expensive.Overall an excellent hotel, staff were very good, would use the hotel again if in the area. Many thanks

Room Tip: Room 270 excellent view over the prom
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank George K
west yorkshire
Reviewed 28 May 2013

This was the second time we've stayed here. I would say the first time was better (a few years ago), and I'm thinking that maybe it needs a bit of re decorating in some of the rooms.
If I'm being picky, the room we had ( a family room) was very tired looking, and the children said they could feel the springs in the mattress poking through. Pillows too hard for me ( obviously might not be for others!). Also we struggled for hot water.
These things aside, we were only there for one night so didn't let any of that bother us, as there are many other things that were really nice. The reception/ bar area is quite modern and the staff were lovely.
We would stay again, but would look at a better room next time, as the location is perfect. Only ate breakfast,which was very good, and can't comment on the evening meal as we prefer to eat in St Anne's .

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank ladybirdslotqueen
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Stayed three nights in one of their boutique twin bedded rooms.For boutique read dark brown and black decor and bijou size.The bed quality varied mine soft her's rock hard. The room was very clean.
The public seating areas are plentiful, light and airey. Bar / tea & coffee prices were fair.
Although in the basement the restaurant is very pleasant.Breakfast is a feast and although tere were times when the buffet ran out of items they were soon replenished. Dinner was an odd mix - fisrtly there is the actual cost one price if booked before 4pm another after, but the fact that we didnt find out the secret or the actual cost until we paid our bill was frustrating. the menu itself was an eclectic mix - chilli for starter followed by fish ? We passed on the third night.
The staff are the key to any hotel and here they are very welcoming and helpful. In conclusion good value for money - would we go again ? On balance yes.

Room Tip: You pays your money and takes your choice
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank jigsaw01
Lancs
Reviewed 19 May 2013

nice hotel on the whole - our standard room was a bit poky and dark - probably worth upgrading next time. The public areas, bar/restaurant are really pleasant. Comparing it to the Dalmeny next door - both have pros and cons. The leisure area in the Dalmeny is far more appealing though.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank LOZZIEHEN
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Expected a high standard from this hotel but was a bit disappointed. The bedroom was very clean but the decor was rather dark and depressing even though it had been recently refurbished. The twin bedroom only had 6 coathangers. This was not adequate for 2 people also the bathroom had no hooks and there were no biscuits with the hospitality tray. The evening meal was average but the breakfast was varied and very good. The staff were friendly and efficient. Small points maybe but they prevented this hotel from being better than average.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends