“QUICK TASTER TRIP”

Inn on the Prom Hotel
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Lytham St Anne's
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We travelled with Thistle Coaches to this hotel for a two day break. Booking in at reception was very easy, all staff very pleasant and we were allocated a boutique double room which was lovely.
The meals were excellent - hotel very clean, entertainment good. The icing on the cake was the Vettriano's restaurant as we love Jack Vettriannos paintings and they were displayed all around,
Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
TPC21, Owner at Inn on the Prom Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

hi many thanks for the great feedback the team really appreciate it we look forward to seeing you again soon thankyou the yeam at inn on the prom.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

This is the second time I have stayed here and can't fault it. I'm part of a line dancing group so there's quite a lot of us. There were 8 of us in our little group, so obviously at meal times we wanted to sit together, the staff went out of their way to accommodate us. The food is very well presented and of high standard. The staff are lovely and nothing is too much trouble for them. The room we had was very spacious and very clean. There is a pool, jacuzzi & sauna here and I would recommend you use them. The only criticism I have is the bar prices, they're bit pricey. All in all would definitely recommend this hotel. Already decided to go again next year

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

hi many thanks for the great comments really appreciated by the team we look forward to wecoming you back soon best regards the team at inn on the prom.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

We have only lived in this area for 4 months and I wanted to take my Mum for lunch and thought it would be good to try one of the hotels on the promenade. I looked at the reviews last night for this hotel and decided to try the Caffe Lingerie at this hotel. There did seem to be a limited lunch menu but the reviews were pretty good.

When we entered the hotel we found our way to Caffe Lingerie, we appeared to be the only people there for lunch but we found a table and had a look at the menu. After waiting for about 10 minutes I had to go and find a waiter to take our order. We ordered 'Catch of The Day' which we were told was Haddock (Fish & Chips basically at £5.99). After waiting for around 20 minutes the waiter arrived with our meal which I have to say, presentation wise, did not look very appetizing and looked as though the food had been thrown on to the plates (no garnish at all!). Once we had tasted the fish my first fears were confirmed, the Haddock was extremely dry and the chips, described as French fries were thick oven chips. We ate what we could of the meal but left some of the fish and most of the chips.

Once again I had to ask someone to find the waiter so I could pay the bill. When the waiter arrived I did say that it was the worst fish and chips I had ever tasted. He did in all fairness apologise and said he would only charge us for the drinks and he would pass our comments on to the chef.

I know that £5.99 per person is not a lot to pay for fish and chips in a café but I would rather pay more and receive a decent meal and good service.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Sue T
TPC21, Owner at Inn on the Prom Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

ouch that hurt we apologise most sincerely for the dissapointment with your meal and service we have undergone a major kitchen brigade change and are working on new menus all the time please visit us again where we shall be delighted to give you a complimentary meal we are now confident that our new kitchen team are in control and you will see major changes thanyou for taking the time to give us feedback many thanks a most apologetic team .

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Stayed during Feb. half term with our 2 boys, aged 5 & 7 for 2 nights. Located across the road from sand dunes and prom. The hotel has a small games room and separate pool table room which kept the boys entertained.
There are lovely large comfortable areas to sit before or after dinner around the reception area and bar. The family rooms are large with a flat screen tv and plenty of expected channels to keep children distracted whilst you get ready or chill out. 2 separate single beds to the delight of the boys and so comfortable. However the bedrooms are stifling as the day progresses, even with the small window left open all day the reason being mild wet winter and the hallway radiators at full power. Disappointed, that with the extremely comfortable beds, sleep was interrupted due to heat, however, boys slept no problems. Some guests may not have an issue, but thought mention it as we were both exhausted when we returned home.
Swimming pool, sauna and spa pool, dated and need of refurb, but boys not disappointed, to their delight we were able to use the spa pool altogether, as no life guard to tell them off - parent supervision - fine as have a little common sense regarding its use with children.
The best part for me was the Remedy Spa, Linda the therapist was wonderful. I enjoyed a reflexology treatment and other half had a massage, very competitively priced and relaxing treatment rooms that we booked when we arrived.
Had the dinner menu, different menus on both nights. For the boys we paid £10 each for their dinners, they were able to choose from the child menu (usual, sausage, chicken nuggets, pizza etc) or have a child's portion from the main menu - this turned out to be the same size as an adult portion, my eldest who loves his food was delighted whilst the youngest fussy pot wasn't so!
The staff are very attentive, we had an issue when we arrived with a flat tyre, and grateful thanks to the member of staff who gave directions to the nearest garage then ended up going to the garage with my other half instead - brilliant, as I was able to entertain 2 very excited children on the fabulous sand dunes - sea too far out to see!
This attention to detail was not lost on us and we would definitely return in the warmer weather, when heating is not required! The hotel is ideally placed, beach to the front and shops just round corner, extra bonus the department store had a sale, so ended up with 2 pairs of boots and 1 pair of shoes all for me!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Gaia Traveller W

hi many thanks for the very complimentary feedback much appreciated by all the team at inn on the prom we look forward to seeing you again soon and linda sends her regards best wishes the team at inn on the prom.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

We had a look around this hotel with a view to staying here inthe future,the hotel has been modernised well with lovely soft furnishings and boutique rooms fitted to a high standard.we decided to stay for a three course dinner but were sadly disappointed.My 8 year old could have produced something more edible than this.Pate that had been on the counter for a while was warm and slightly grey. Lamb that had been pinged from a microwave and desserts that looked straight out of an Iceland box. This hotel could be great but sort out the catering!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Claregolds

ooh dear where did we go wrong we apologise most sincerely on your dissapointment as we have undergone changes to our kitchen brigade we are continually improving our menus and systems we would like to take this opportunity of apologising most sincerely and if you would consider staying we would be delighted to offer you complimentary evening dinner where we are sure that your experience was a one off and our food and service is really great many thanks all the best the team at inn on the prom.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

Excellent welcoming staff who are on hand anytime to give advice on hotel and surrounding area. Good double room (number 72) for just myself, cosy/comfortable/quiet, no view, but I wasn't in there during the day, only slept there. (The mattress could have done with renewing, I felt like a dog trying to find the most comfortable patch! ) Food was excellent, plentiful, great variety for breakfast and choices for dinner. Snack bar service was well cared for and the service was excellent with good variety, tasty food.
Great hotel position on the prom. Didn't use the leisure facilities but others who did said they were pleased with them. I would visit here again definitely.

Room Tip: Number 72 was fine for me but for two persons, ask for new mattress!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

many thanks for the great review much appreciated by all the team at inn on the prom we look forward to seeing you again soon .

Reviewed 26 February 2014

This hotel is family run but has corporate appeal, the staff and service they offer is excellent together with the presentation and quality of food.

My room looked over the sea and was beautifully furnished.

I stay regularly when working in the area, my only observation with a recent stay was a particularly noisy group of line dancers who retired between 11.30 and 12.45 and were very inconsiderate shouting greetings and their plans for the following day as they stomped along the corridors, some of us staying have to be up early for work!

That said our paths are unlikely to cross again therefore I will be staying again during my next visit.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

many thanks for leaving the great review we really appreciate the feedback we look forward to seeing you again soon best regards the team at inn on the prom.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lytham St Anne's
Dalmeny Resort Hotel
Dalmeny Resort Hotel
#8 of 16 in Lytham St Anne's
Best Western Plus Blackpool Lytham St Annes Glendower Hotel
Best Western Plus Blackpool Lyth...
#4 of 16 in Lytham St Anne's
#1 of 1 in St. Annes-on-Sea
Clifton Park Hotel
Clifton Park Hotel
#7 of 16 in Lytham St Anne's

Been to Inn on the Prom Hotel? Share your experiences!