“Solos Dance Break”

Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Lytham St Anne's
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Solos Dance Break”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Just back from hosting a Solos Dance Break for 'www.Holiday & Dance.com'. Bit of Ballroom/Latin Sequence and Fun dancing with a lovely bunch of people. The hotel was great, staff were very helpful, the massage in the spa was very welcome and the pool was inviting. Rooms very comfortable (pillows just divine!)
Food is lovely and the dance floor is a good size for ballroom dancing. Can't fault this venue for a break by the seaside. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff.
This dance break was an organised holiday aimed at dancers who do not have a regular partner but I would happliy book a holiday on my own and not feel intimidated. The ideal venue for a weekend spa break on your own or with friends - a swim, pampering in the spa and lovely food.
Well done Tom Croston and the rest of his team.

Room Tip: Treat yourself to an upgrade boutique room and in particular a sea view or one of the 4 balcony room...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
TPC21, Owner at Inn on the Prom Hotel, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
really lovely feedback and much appreciated we look forward to welcoming you back soon many thanks a very grateful team at inn on the prom.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We stayed in this hotel a few weeks ago for a weekend break, having stayed here before we were very disappointed this time and we will not stay again! when we got our room there was a strong smell of gas in it They went to investigate and came back and said although there was no gas in bedrooms they thought it was coming from the gas fire in lounge area fumes were getting back blown back in due to the high winds. The manager put it of and said we will air the room but we refused this and asked to be moved they told us they were full but after asking for our money back they moved us. We were then told that we couldn't eat early due to a large bridge party in the hotel. So as we had to eat late we could not then go out to pictures or theatre as it was to late. I feel that they were only interested in the large bridge party and as we paid full price for this we were very disappointed to say the least.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank mummycoops
TPC21, Owner at Inn on the Prom Hotel, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
really sorry we let you down as a regular guest we really tried as hard as we could to accomodate your requirements and apologise for the woes you encountered please come and see us again where we will be delighted to offer a free room upgrade as a way of apology we hope to see you again many thanks for bringing this to our attention .yours sincerely the inn on the prom team.
Stockport
Reviewed 30 March 2014

This hotel welcomed all our family, children and dogs too. The location is great, near the pier and just over the road to the beach.
As we had our furry friend with us we had to stay in a standard family room which was clean and perfectly acceptable, however it would have been nice to have had the option to upgrade as the sea view and upgraded rooms looked fab.
Breakfast was buffet style and offered good choice, all the food was warm ( if meant to be!) and well presented.
Staff were friendly and helpful, overall a lovely place to stay and great to be able to take all of the family with us.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
TPC21, Owner at Inn on the Prom Hotel, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
hi many thanks for the great feedback much appreciated by all the team at inn on the prom .
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2014

First time I have stayed at this hotel and it will not be the last time .From check in till departure the staff can not do enough for you nothing is too much trouble.
We were on a golfing trip and stayed two nights.The rooms are very spacious and very clean.
The food and staff were brilliant I have stayed in four star hotels that do not compare to this one.
Brilliant 10/10 !!!!!!!!!!!!

Scot.

Room Tip: I stayed in an inside room next time I would try one with a sea veiw
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
TPC21, Owner at Inn on the Prom Hotel, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
hi many thanks from all the team at inn on the prom we were all delighted to read the great feedback many thanks .
Newport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 March 2014

My mum and dad loved this hotel and had visited several times. They booked a week's stay to celebrate their Golden Wedding using the hotel's pre-pay tariff which is non-refundable nor changeable. They had planned to go this June. Sadly mum died a month after booking and when I contacted the hotel's directors to explain that mum had died, they didn't hesitate nor quibble about their terms and conditions, they simply gave dad a full refund and sent him a cheque with a lovely letter of condolence. Clearly the hotel values it's customers and with such great customer service it's no wonder that mum & dad went there 3 consecutive years. Thanks for your kindness to my dad.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
TPC21, Owner at Inn on the Prom Hotel, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
hi many thanks for the great feedback we were sorry to hear of your loss and were extremely pleased we helped in some way many thanks from the team at inn on the prom and the croston family.
Ham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2014

This hotel is seriously awful.

Location - good (if you want beachfront in St Annes)
Food - breakfast dreadful, poor selection, poor quality, unhelpful and charmless staff.
- lunch and dinner a little better - a couple of more attentive and better trained waiters/waitresses and wider selection of less packaged meals.

The biggest problem is that this place is seriously shabby - and in places actually dirty. I had a room stuck at the back. The carpet was frayed and covered in bits (if I had seen a hoover I would have asked to borrow it.)
I think I may have watched too many "Holiday Hell" programmes but when I noticed a bloodspot on the pillow, I immediately jumped to the worst conclusion. I was in a twin for single occupancy and the other bed looked clean. I decided to count my blessings.
The bed was the least comfy I have ever experienced. The room too hot, so I slept with the window open. Hence I noticed the snow falling in the middle of the night.
No fridge (of course) so I borrowed an ice bucket to chill my white wine (as you do). No problem there. The bar staff were helpful (and incidentally, their bar prices are reasonable as are their wines). The shock for me was that when the ice had melted the water in the bottom was filthy and full of sludge. I optimistically hoped that somebody had taken it down to the beach.

Expensive in room wifi. But the biggest problem was that there were no phone signals. When I commented (mildly) to reception as I checked out, and said that I had been able on occasions to make calls from my room, I was told I was lucky. She had to stand in the car park !!!!

The downstairs loo was hilarious. Shocking stripes and huge white daisies on a deep red background - and the mirrors above the washbasins were ludicrously high. (Imagine the sixtysomething ladies jumping to see their hair was OK). I think John Cleese must have put them up to suit his height.

I had a fun weekend, for all that, but it really was a badly run and poorly equipped place.

One of my friends told me she had met Manuel on the last morning. Now how could I have missed out on that bit of the fun ?

Room Tip: Apparently there is a decent boutique hotel four doors down :-)
Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank Anne S
TPC21, Owner at Inn on the Prom Hotel, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
we were extremely sorry we did not meet with your expectations are you sure you have the right hotel as we are extremely proud of our team food and hotel standards we will of course address some of your comments and act accordingly thankyou for taking the time to leave feedback .
Lincolnshire, England
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Really nice hotel on the front at St Anne's . Reception team steal excellence vote immediately with lovely friendly welcome, help with luggage and positive can do attitude . Nice room on first floor, far too hot, sauna springs to mind despite window being open. Unable to switch radiator off, reception sort it straight away. Room is more than adequate but lighting is not great. Worst part of room? Whoever suggested pamper bath mats needs to rethink! Never had these before and never want to see them again! Simply not suitable.
Otherwise room more than adequate. Very nice shower gel, lots of tea/coffee/milk, quiet and comfortable beds

Swimming pool very nice as was sauna and jacuzzi. Food was good and plentiful. Waiting staff excellent as indeed all staff - friendly and efficient.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
TPC21, Owner at Inn on the Prom Hotel, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
many thanks for the great feedback much appreciated by the team we look forward to seeing you again in the not too distant future cheers the team at inn on the prom.