A few years since we stayed at the Inn on the Prom and visiting again for a 2 night short break. The hotel staff that we met were all friendly, helpful and a credit to their employer. However, whilst the reception and lounge / bar area is still in good order, the bedrooms are looking tired and badly need modernising and updating. We booked 2 executive rooms with sea view on DBB terms and were surprised that the room furniture was not good quality and well worn - looking more than a little shabby. Carpets worn and marked. The owners need to invest and not rely upon the location of the hotel to fill their rooms at what can't be considered as low prices. Room cleaning was only average with clear evidence of thick dust on a number of less obvious surfaces at check-in, which hadn't been removed after 2 days.
The concept of charging £7 a day for wifi access is frankly out of date in 2014 and will only serves to annoy many guests. This should be addressed as soon as possible for both holiday and business users. Please remember that 200 yds away, The local coffee shops offer a free wifi service for the convenience of their customers and when you are paying the prices that are being asked by The Inn on the Prom, free wifi should at least be offered in the main public areas, if not all executive rooms.
The Restaurant is only fair. Ingredients are of very average quality and most of the food is clearly pre-prepared and plated beforehand, which was a little disappointing. As a result food temperatures can vary greatly on the same plate! We had meat that had clearly been standing for some time and was luke warm, whilst the veg was very very hot, suggesting that it was most probably flashed in a microwave to get it back up to temperature. Restaurant Staff were efficient and friendly, but clearly on a mission to get all guests through their dinner as quickly as possible, get set-up for breakfast and get in their way! Not necessarily a problem, but it is quite obvious. Frankly, we're unlikely to visit again unless there is some clear evidence of changes / improvements having been made. Our review is based upon comparing this hotel with many others both in the UK and overseas. Sorry guys, but hope that the criticism will be viewed as constructive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Inn on the prom hotel is located on st.Annes promenade overlooking the Irish sea .Offering over 100 bedrooms from single to family and standard to suites ,a lovely family run Boutique style seaside hotel.Only a stones throw from the beach and close to st.Annes square and only 2 miles from Blackpool and all its attractions.Swimming pool ,restaurants and bars along with live entertainment through the summer months ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HRS, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Inn on the Prom Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn On The Prom @ Fernlea Hotel And Niven`s Health Club
- Inn On The Prom Hotel Lytham St Anne's, Lancashire