“Great little find!”

Lanes
Ranked #5 of 118 Restaurants in Lymington
Price range: US$26 - US$63
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
London
“Great little find!”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Lovely little restaurant in Lymington. Staff were wonderful - friendly and efficient.
Food was very nice also. Seafood gratin was gorgeous, as was the Charlotte.
Good value, very tasty and great service. A real little find!
Recommend booking as many customers came in and there were no tables.

london
“standard still high”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

visited Lanes again for Saturday lunch. Visited last year and had wonderful food and hoped that the standard had not dropped. Glad to say the food and the welcome are still the same high standard. We had the set lunch menu which for 3 courses is £18 and 2 courses for £15. My husband and I both had the seafood gratin and our friend had the rustic salad to start. Ours was great but hers looked very good as well served with Parma ham and a poached egg. We all chose the duck breast to follow which was also excellent. 2 of us followed with the dark chocolate Panacotta served with berries just yummy. My husband had a glass of white wine with the starter and a glass of red with the duck. He left the choice of the wine with Nicky the very bubbly front of house and he was not disappointed.

London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing food, lovely staff - great night had by all!!”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I recently organised a company trip (43 of us in total) to the area and came across Lanes. The food was top notch and the service was amazing - especially when you consider the size of the group. The restaurant itself is lovely, the pictures do not do it justice. We had such a warm welcome and a lovely chat with the owners who did everything to ensure we had a lovely evening. I would recommend Lanes of Lymington to anyone for any occasion and will definitely go back there if I'm the area.

Chichester
“Food”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Excellent meal and superb services,had the avocado chessecake to start it was very good would love the recipe.

Brighton, United Kingdom
“A great find...”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We had booked this dinner for a family meal the night before my Sister's wedding so had high hopes. We had to have an early meal as we had a child with us so the restaurant was empty but it still felt welcoming. The one member of waiting staff was chatty and polite and made us feel very welcome. As for the food, they were fantastic. Really well cooked food in perfect portions. I had 3 courses and felt full at the end but not over the top. They really do emphasise quality over quantity. They were even able to rustle something up for my young nephew when he asked for an item not on the menu.

Overall it was a fantastic meal in a lovely setting. The staff were great and all members of the family enjoyed their meals. I will definitely be going back in the future when I am next in the area.