“Another wonderful evening” 5 of 5 bubbles

Lanes
Ranked #4 of 119 Restaurants in Lymington
Price range: US$20 - US$49
Cuisines: European, British, Soups
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bosham, England, United Kingdom
“Another wonderful evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

Lanes has become our favourite place to visit during the boating season and is well worth the walk from the marina. Tucked down a quiet little lane it is quite unexpected inside. A converted church it has lots of different seating areas which add to a relaxed and informal atmosphere. The staff are really friendly and very happy to adapt the menu to suit your needs. Great choices for meat and fish eaters and this time of year they offer a Summer Grill menu which is lighter and served with salad. The avocado cheesecake is well worth having as a starter with its tasty layer of walnuts and the scallops were also very enjoyable. For a main I had the Sea Bream, deliciously moist and very tasty with the sauce and crushed potatoes. Desserts are a work of art and I'm sure delicious but no room this time. A really pleasant place to dine. Look forward to our next visit.

West Sussex
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

We often take our boat across to Lymington for the weekend and had been recommended by several friends to go to Lanes. So glad we did! The ambience is lovely, the staff are very friendly and the food is great. The thing I liked the most is that although the dishes are all of high end restaurant quality they are not overly rich like some restaurants are. The seafood gratin starter was delicious and my grouse main course very tasty.

Dorset
“The true No.1 restaurant in Lymington”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

I just have to keep coming back here to be reminded what food crafted by a gifted and talented chef tastes like, and how service in a restaurant should be!

I've done other reviews of this restaurant, so please feel free to read those, however there is little more to say other than everything is JUST PERFECT... The most critical person could not honestly, and I mean honestly, find any fault whatsoever here.

I keep coming back and the restaurant has been going strong for 8 years now, what more can I say? Try it for yourself and see what I mean...

New Milton, United Kingdom
“Lovely restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

I lunched here for the first time and was pleased to discover it hidden down a quiet lane. It was an unusual setting, very attractive. I was told its is a converted chapel. It is certainly different. My bacon and avocado salad was delicious with plants of bacon. The desserts were beautifully served and also delicious. The service was efficient and very friendly.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
“The food was out of this world and the service was just as fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

We went to lanes for our anniversary having been a few times before but this time it was so good I felt I needed to write a review!!
The food, as alwaysm, was out of this world! So delicious!!! We were asked upon booking whether it was a special occasion and informed them that it was our anniversary and after our desert course they bought out a plate of complimentary treats with 'happy anniversary' written in chocolate. Such a nice touch! The service is fantastic and you are made to feel like part of the family from the second you walk in and we were never left wanting anything.
Bottom line is if you haven't been - get going!