“Doesn't cater for vegetarians”
Review of Lanes

Lanes
Ranked #4 of 119 Restaurants in Lymington
Price range: US$26 - US$65
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I have a couple of things to say about lanes, but first let me say that the welcome and subsequent service was lovely. However, the menu appears not to have changed very much since the last visit I made 3 years ago. There was no vegetarian main course option, and no indication on the menu that one was available. When I asked, the waitress suggested that we would have been asked at the point of booking or that we should have indicated there was a vegetarian in out party prior to our arrival. With respect to the first, we weren't, and regarding the second- come on, times have changed! The fish that I eventually ordered was a flabby, under-seasoned fillet of brill, the same applied to the plaice ordered by another of our party. Each was approximately £20, which even if it had been great, would have seemed expensive. Overall, I just got the impression that Lanes is stuck in the 80s, both in terms of its food and it's attitude

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Very friendly and welcoming staff and fantastic food at reasonable prices. Can't ask for much more. Shame we were only visiting Lymington otherwise this would be a regular haunt. Highly recommended if your in the new forest area, worth the trip to Lymington. Frozen peanut butter pie is well worth saving some room for!

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Tucked down a side lane by Lloyds Bank this restaurant can easily be missed by visitors which is a shame. The service is always friendly and unobtrusive (the owner even replenished my glass of ice without being asked) and the old building has a lovely atmosphere. On this occasion we had the two course lunch for £15.50 and a bottle of Pinot blush for approx £18.50. I enjoyed warm goats cheese on bread accompanied by a healthy portion of salad with pesto dressing. My partner enjoyed a delicious chicken & leek soup. We both had red mullet with tiger prawns on risotto with a pea cream and again delicious. The food is always accompanied by a selection of warm breads and jugs of water. You can't beat this place for reasonably priced; good quality food.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Friendly service and conversation great food and drink good display of local paintings menu is good and setting is nice

Reviewed 18 August 2014

If you want to eat in Lymington, go here. You will not be disappointed. We were a large group and everything from the service to the food was great. This was simply the best food we had in a long time. The presentation is fine dining, the portions not. Great wine list. The price on wine and food are great and fantastic value of what you get. Do yourself and favour and go.