“Even better since the refurb! ”
Review of Rivaaz Restaurant

Rivaaz Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 127 Restaurants in Lymington
Price range: US$20 - US$33
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Creating unique and innovative Indian cusine. Rivaaz will guide you through Indian food like no other restaurant in the New Forest. Experience our relaxing atmosphere while indulging in our delicious food created by masters of the cuisine.
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

I've done a review before but had to do another one as they've got even better since the refurbishment. Not sure if they have a new chef as well but the food has gone from good to delicious!

I'm a fussy vegetarian who doesn't really like vegetable curry but they're always happy for me to choose off menu (mushroom curries are my favourite), plus they now have paneer as a veggie option which I have tried and is very yummy and we always ask for extra spice which is no problem.

Definitely the best Indian restaurant in town!

1  Thank Caz-Wilts
Shah M, Manager at Rivaaz Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2014

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about Rivaaz Lymington. It is lovely to read that you enjoy your visits to us and thank you for your valued custom.

We always try our best to make all our diners experiences a memorable one and will do whatever it takes to achieve this.

We have not changed our chef but have updated our menu to add more vegetarian dishes that are more suited to Indian cooking and we are delighted to read that you have sampled some of these and enjoyed them.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Rivaaz Lymington very soon.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

The food here is absolutely delicious and would recommend that everyone comes here. Delicious curries, the tastiest crunchy onion bhajis, gorgeously fluffy naans and the coconut chutney is to die for. One of my favourite restaurants ever!

1  Thank luciafalso

Dear Valued Customer

Thank you for taking the time write a review about Rivaaz Lymington. It is great to read that you enjoy dining with us and we thank you for your custom.

Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

I have been coming here for years and my returning trips say it all! Staff are very pleasant and helpful, great service. But what can I say for the food... Delightful, authentic, taste bud tingling ... I would recommend anyone and everyone to visit and share the same experience I do!! Not to mention the refurbishment to open the restaurant up.

1  Thank Sophie H

Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

The new menu is something to be experienced. The new refurbishment has been finished to a high standard which makes it feel inviting and comfortable. The service was brilliant as was the ambience. The food wow what can I say chefs specials amazing definitely coming back soon

2  Thank Anthony H

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Sadly, standards at this restaurant have dropped recently. On our last visit, we had to wait an unacceptably long time for the drinks order to be taken and then repeat the order when no drinks were forthcoming. Meanwhile, the wrong number of poppadoms had arrived (i.e. too few). Sea bass has now been put on the menu, but the fish was dry and tasteless, and very small in size. The restaurant was also in the process of being extended so we were sitting next to stripped off wallpaper and bare plaster, which wasn't very appealing. In fact, as the staff were unable to cope with the present number of customers, adding more tables didn't seem likely to improve matters.

Date of visit: December 2013
Shah M, General Manager at Rivaaz Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for taking the time write a review about Rivaaz Lymington. We take all our reviews extremely seriously and try to address each individual point made to the best of our ability.

I am sorry to read that on this occasion you were not happy with your experience when dining with us and for this I can only apologise at this stage. It seems that you visited us over four weeks ago when we were in the process of having our restaurant refurbished. It is never an ideal situation to have to open for business during refurbishment works and it would have been great if we could have afforded to close during the busy Christmas period in order to have these works done. Unfortunately, we had to open so that we did not disappoint our regular clientele who had made reservations and were relying on us to be open in order to entertain their guests or to come out and have a nice meal with friends and loved ones. We did try our best to make the decor look as appealing as possible by putting extra candles and table decorations out. I am very sorry if you felt we did not do enough. All our refurbishment work and decorating is now compete and I would be happy to show you around on your next visit to us.

As for the slow service I can only put this down to teething problems having just opened up the new section of the restaurant. As you can see from our many reviews since you visited everyone was very happy with how we are managing and have done so over a very very busy Christmas/New Year period.

I hope that this one occasion will not dictate your decision to visit us again as I'm sure you are aware of our usual standards of food and service. We look forward to welcoming you back to Rivaaz Lymington to see how things have returned to how they should be.