“Lovely stay”

Gorse Meadow Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lymington
Gorse Meadow Guest House
Ranked #42 of 44 Lymington B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely stay”
Reviewed 12 August 2012

I felt I needed to leave this review because a lot of the other reviews of Gorse Meadow seem quite unfair to me. Mrs Tee is a lovely lady with lots of fascinating stories to tell. She was polite and courteous throughout our stay. Our room was clean and tidy and a perfectly adequate base. The house is amazing, yes it is quirky and if you're looking for a faceless hotel where every room is the same then you won't like it. If you like interesting things and interesting people then you should stay at Gorse Meadow, it is certainly unforgettable! Also Mrs Tee does a lovely breakfast, with amazing mushrooms of course!

Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
9 Thank Victoria2309

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Portsmouth
Reviewed 24 June 2012

I bought my husband a foraging experience at Mrs Tees b&b. The idea was that you go out foraging in the New Forest for the renouned wild mushrooms that Mrs Tee has cleared the forest of. You then got to cook your harvest and sit down to a 3 course lunch with maybe some Lobster or other local produce, whilst enjoying matched wines for each course. Well it didnt quite live up to expectations. the closest we got to any mushroom was in the hour we spent with Mrs Tee, letting us handle some previously picked ones. She then passed us on to the chef and no mention from her that no trip to the forest would take place. We then spent the next 3 .5 hours watching her chef make pasta and sampling the dishes. No lobster or any meat was involved, the only wine we were offered was some average white and not a lot of it. It didnt live up to the advert, the pasta was lovely and the chef good, but it certainly wouldnt pass as a 3 course meal as advertised,lus the major dissapointment of not getting to pick anything, I am none the wiser.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
34 Thank Debfromhants

Travellers are raving about these Lymington hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2012

Terrible stay - stayed six months ago but just watching a repeat of Four in a bed reminded me of the horrible stay. Everywhere seemed dirty and sheets appeared not to have been changed from last visitors. Avoid at all costs

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
57 Thank Roberta W
Wetherby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 January 2012

I have just seen what is a repeat of a Channel 4 programme that I have not seen previously. Had I seen the original programme I should have been warned what an appalling woman she was and the terrible state of her B&B. I had originally booked for two nights but left that awful dirty smelly place after one. Do not stay there, disregard the flash website gives a very inaccurate view of the place.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
67 Thank Michel W
thaxted
Reviewed 30 October 2011

We slept with the dog in the bed for warmth, and to ensure that the woman would change the sheets for the next guests, as ours were certainly dirty. Shaving without a bathroom mirror is a challenge, and there was certainly a TV, but obsolete and hadn't heard of digital switchover.
We were so glad to check out and to return to warmth and creature comforts! Never again, and so expensive, for accommodation which was worse than a caravan.

Room Tip: there aren't any
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
60 Thank d c
Didcot, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 September 2011

What ever you do DON'T BELIEVE THE BAD REVIEWS!! i think the people who wrote them had unrealistic expectations. We stayed here for a night last weekend for my partners birthday, the room was good and we were provided with extra floor coverings for our dog.

Mrs Tee was just amazing and had us captivated with hear tales and stories. I must admit i had an interest in speaking with Mrs Tee anyway, as a fellow wild mushroom enthusiast of 30 years we had a lot in common.

Breafast was really good too cooked by her own fair hand

I would thoroughly reccommend this place.

Thank you Mrs Tee We will be back for my birthday in November

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
10 Thank Andy M
Crawley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 September 2011

If you are looking for sterile place and host with fake smile - don`t go there. If you like wild nature , excellent food and want to learn something new from mushroom expert - you will love this place.
We stayed in Mrs Tee`s B&B two weekends. First time it was in June 2010 and then again in June 2011. The room was always tidy, bathroom spotless. We always ordered dinner, get extraordinary portions and discovered new flavours. (my boyfriend had venison and I as a vegetarian had pasta with 5 or 6? kinds of mushrooms I`ve never seen). There wasn`t enough space in our stomachs for her home made tasty deserts....

She is very lovely lady and we spent hours of talking. We always felt very comfortable in her place but as she "talks to you like a Dutch uncle" , I can understand why not everyone is happy with her company...
She has two Great Danes which are outside behind the fence during the day and over the night they are sleeping inside the house in their little room. They are both friendly to the guests and were happy for few cuddles.

Mrs Tee offers mushroom picking seminars or cooking lessons. She is teaching some famous London chefs...
We would definitively recommend this place for people interested in good food, nature and good conversation. As her husband was manager from Jimmy Hendrix, she has lots of interesting stories to tell.....

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
11 Thank katerina r
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lymington
Passford House
Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort
Stanwell House Hotel
Stanwell House Hotel
#2 of 7 in Lymington

Been to Gorse Meadow Guest House? Share your experiences!