“Business trip”
Review of East End Arms

East End Arms
Ranked #15 of 41 Lymington B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 September 2013

I booked a one night stay to attend a meeting at Beaulieu the following day. It was a long and tedious drive from North Norfolk and was delighted to receive such a warm welcome, quite late in the evening, and offered fresh milk for the room. And what a lovely room it was - far exceeding my expectations! Incredibly comfortable bed and had a much needed, good nights sleep. Scrambled eggs and smoked salmon for breakfast was delicious. Staff friendly, polite and welcoming. Only wish I could have stayed longer and will definately return for a holiday in this beautiful part of the country.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 2 September 2013

My wife booked this break as a present to celebrate my becoming an OAP. What a superb choice! Supremely comfortable room, beautifully appointed by someone with excellent taste. The staff were friendly and helpful and the food/beer and wine excellent. We met the owner Jon Illsley which was a real bonus for me as a lifelong Dire Straits fan. What a great down to earth guy and as welcoming and helpful as his staff.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I booked a 2 day break as a surprise for my husbands birthday,was a little concerned about some of the negative reviews on here but thankfully was pleasantly surprised.website stated we could not t check in till 6pm but were welcomed warmly and shown to our room when we arrived around 5pm. Food was lovely-good sized portions and well cooked.The only criticism is that we could have done with more complimentary tea and coffee in the room for early morning as there was no staff around to ask.The bar was lively and friendly including the locals.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I stayed here in February 2013 with a friend whilst on a cycle ride. My friend booked the room and when he told me the next morning how much it cost, I thought he was joking. Some people must be willing to pay a hefty premium just because the pub is owned by a bass player of a famous (and great) band. I do a lot of touring and reckon the B&B was worth no more than £70 , my friend was charged £120. The building is lovely and has a traditional unspoilt bar. The room was a very small twin room and at first glance looked nice. For £120 you would expect heating that was working and some toiletries. There was neither. The beer was off but the Barman said it was ok and asked a local to try it. The local chap said it was ok but when I went outside to make a call the local chap apologised to me and confirmed that the beer was off in his opinion.We ate in the restaurant and both thought the food was good.Breakfast was entertaining, the first time ever I have stayed in a B&B etc and have been told they have run out of sausages.There was only one other couple staying there ! £120 a room , you must be joking.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We stopped here for lunch after exploring the New Forest and picking strawberries at the pick your own down the road.
Lovely setting decorated well inside, very cosy. Interesting pictures on the wall. Ponies and donkeys come up to the door.
Food was very tasty and well presented. They also do sandwiches which looked very good just right after a long walk or bike ride. We would like to stay there for a couple of nights another time.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2013

The pub is in a quiet spot with New Forest ponies wandering down the road. Pleasant welcome and taken to our room which was stylish and contemporary. The bathroom had L'Occitan products classy!

Had drinks followed by dinner so sampled both the bar and restaurant. The locals were very friendly and I thought that the prices were very reasonable and the food was very good.

Breakfast was excellent after a good night's sleep in the large and very comfortable bed.

I will certainly visit again and would recommend it to anyone who wants to experience a great combination of rural idyll mixed with contemporary chic. I want one of the throws they put on the bed!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Four adults and one four year old had such a wonderful Roast Dinner. The meat was all tender, the yorkshire puddings were excellent and all the vegetables were really fresh and cooked to perfection. The desserts were also fabulous. We live in France, and we can honestly say this beats all the food over here. Well done Chef, and such courteous staff we shall be visiting again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lymington
Passford House
The Mill at Gordleton
Marine House
Marine House
#2 of 9 in Milford on Sea

Been to East End Arms? Share your experiences!