“Three day break” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 44 Lymington B&B and Inns
east sussex
“Three day break”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

Lovely place to stay, food excellent. We stayed in room 1 which due to the very hot weather was extremely hot all the time. We found it very difficult to sleep, also the noise of the generator was annoying. Unfortunately we had to leave one night earlier due to family circumstances, but hope to return again as we love visiting the new forest.

Room Tip: Perhaps rooms 2 3 4and 5 would be best because of the noise of generator in room 1. Room very clean...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Hillingdon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

I stayed at the East End Arms as I was competing in a half Ironman at Bucklers Hard which is very close by only 4.5 miles. I have to say the room was very nice very clean and very comfortable.
I had room #1 I would say my only minor gripe was I could hear a generator. The food they serve is very nice and definitely good restaurant quality. I wasn't able to try the breakfast as I had to leave for my race at 0400 I was however given a very nice cold breakfast tray. There is tea and coffee in the room you do need to ask for a jug of fresh milk as they don't use those horrid small plastic pots that you normally need to use all of them to make one cup of coffee. I will say if you want to eat here you might need to book a table in advance as it was very busy. The staff were very good and there is free Wi Fi although this wasn't advertised I had to ask. This is a great place for couples visiting the local area if you like clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Rooms 4 and 5 are slightly bigger than room 1 I don't know about the other rooms.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank GMCX
Pinner, Middlesex, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stayed here for one night while a friend participated in a triathlon in the area. What a superb find it was. Loved the spacious room and the movement sensitive lights in the bathroom were a lovely touch which saved fumbling around for light switches when disoriented at night. The staff were welcoming and friendly. Ate in the restaurant - the vegetarian cannelloni was delicious and full of flavour but as sporting activities were on the cards for the following day, I found it necessary to supplement it with chips. Due to an early start the next day (0345h) the staff arranged a very welcome breakfast to go to be delivered to my room the night before - a really nice and very welcome touch. I hope to return.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
      Rooms
Salisbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

Came here as something of a celebration. Sat in the dining area on some lovely old leather sofas next to the fireplace (which I imagine is amazing during the winter).

The food was delicious: juicy steak cooked perfectly with some very moreish scallops to start. I'm also an ale drinker and the guest they had on tap was a gulpingly tasty golden 'session ale'.

Would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Guy A
Faversham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a two night stay, the room was very clean and tidy. Evening meal was very well seasoned, prepared and cooked to a very high standard. I had a starter of scallops with a stunning puree which complemented the dish. The selection of desserts were a good way to end a good night.
I would recommend this gastropub (with room) without any hesitation.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tony W
Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

My wife and I were spending a few days in the area and decided to find a pub where we could park and them make a circular walk, finishing at the pub for lunch. The East End Arms is perfect. After a bracing walk around the edge of the New Forest we stepped inside out of the cold wind to a warm bar with a roaring fire. As it was lunch time we both picked a sandwich,, both the Roast Lamb with mint sauce, but mine was with chips and Granary bread, and my wife's with crisps and white bread. My Beer from the wood was perfect, as were the sandwiches when they arrived, stuffed with warm lamb and spicy with the mint sauce. Great Lunch!
I would like to return some time for dinner, the menu looked enticing.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wardieeee
Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

Was staying near by and came here a couple of times. First time for food and a drink, secondly time just for a drink (this speaks volumes). The bar is what you'd expect of a new Forrest country pub. The good atmosphere is created by friendly locals and a good vibe. The bar staff however I found a little nervous or aloof. The place needs a good friendly outgoing landlord to make people feel really at home.
The food was really very average. Normal pub grub done to an ok standard, nothing to write home about. I would go back for the food.
Could do much better if they found the right manager and chef.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Siruarjo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lymington
Stanwell House Hotel
Cottage Lodge Hotel
Cottage Lodge Hotel
#1 of 11 in Brockenhurst
Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort

Been to East End Arms? Share your experiences!