Open today: 09:00 - 06:00
Review Highlights
Read about this on TripAdvisor.

Always wanted to see the New Forest but it is very big. Too much walking for either of us. The bus... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
A3303XQpaulh
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
via mobile
Great Way to see The Forest

Easy to swap from one route to another. 3 routes between them cover a very large area of the New... read more

Reviewed 6 November 2018
MaryLlewelym
Sway, United Kingdom

All reviews red route day ticket tour bus three routes open top bus top deck new forest exbury gardens audio commentary group ticket sandy balls hop on hop driver ian open deck blue tour tree branches different routes
Reviewed 8 July 2015 via mobile

We went on the tour again today as we have the last 2 summers. 2 years ago we did all 3 routes with some stop offs, last year we did one with a bit of going on the bus then going into Exbury Gardens. Today we did the same but went to the New Forest Wildlife park, and there is a top class range of activities it stops at with the very helpful discount for showing your ticket.

I'm a Hampshire person who visits the forest a lot anyway but I still enjoy doing the tour as there's just nothing like it. They are so efficient and cover such a huge area between them. The buses always keep good time and the timetable is well worked out. It's a lovely way to see the forest, as you get stunning views of everything. On a hot summer's day there's nothing better to do than have the wind in your hair engulfing in so much stunning scenery.

The commentaries are fantastic too. It's got something for everyone and you'd be hard pushed not to learn anything after going on the buses, and that's coming from someone who's done it a few times. The staff are always friendly and can never do enough to make sure you enjoy your day. The tour is well advertised throughout the forest and the stops are clearly marked which is great.

All the routes are brilliant, they link up well and compliment each other. The green route takes in well known destinations and the open heath views are great, I especially like the view over Hatchet Pond. The blue route takes you to the sea and is really refreshing. The stunning coastal views highlight the forest's diversity. The red has to be my favourite though as it takes you from one side of the forest to the other. The landscapes in the Ashley Walk area are second to none for me and this is a great way to see it.

The atmosphere of the tour is so friendly and I'd definitely recommend it as a perfect day out for families, friends, couples or even alone.

Reviewed 7 July 2015

I came with my family to the New Forest specifically for this tour and we are very delighted that we did. The red route takes you around the top of the forest to Burley, (where their fudge and cider is made) and Ringwood (where their make their beer). The green route takes you round the middle of the forest to Brockenhurst, (where the famous ponies gather), Beaulieu (The car museum) and Exbury (the garden and steam railway). The Blue route takes you towards the coast to Lymington and the coast line. The red and green routes start from Lyndhurst, whilst the blue route starts at Lymington. To get the blue route you have to take the green route to Brockenhurst or Lymington and change buses. Because we stayed in Lyndhurst, we only took the red and green buses. It's best to get tickets online on their website (ours was a group tour for 2 days), which is over half price less if we got it separately. You can get a maximum of 5 days,which should be more then enough to use all 3 bus routes. Online tickets provide a 10% discount of the price and 20% off attractions where the buses stop at such as Exbury gardens. You can hop on and off each bus tour at any stop on the same ticket. Be careful on the times if you staying in Lyndhurst because the last 2 buses will not go back to Lyndhurst, check the timetable and ask the driver for advice.
There is an automatic commentary and fun booklets to keep children busy. Words can't describe the fantastic views we had of the forest from the top, we were fortunate to have nice hot weather during our tour. Take plenty of water with you on the hot day as each tour is just over 2 hours long. This is the best way to explore the historical and beautiful New Forest and with good value for money and flexibility, it is worth getting on. I highly recommend it.

1  Thank sourosircar
Reviewed 7 July 2015

We came upon this tour by accident whilst trying to find somewhere to park in Brockenhurst. From booking the tickets from a delightful young man at the station to the leisurely (if rather windy) drive around the New Forest the whole experience was first class and one we will definitely be doing again. A special mention to driver Ian who was an absolute gentleman. Keep up the good work!

Reviewed 4 July 2015

A fantastic initiative for getting the best out of this beautiful area. Bought a two day package and could interchange between three scenic routes picking up the best touristy spots in the New Forest. Visited Burley, Milford-on-Sea, Lymington and Beauliew motor museum and rounded off the day at Lyndhurst ogling at the Mazeratti and Ferrari showrooms. I was tempted to place an order but the colour I was looking for was no longer available so I will stick with my Pink Reliant Robin..........Get yourself a slice of this New Forest initiative and you will not be disappointed.
Trust me I'm a lawyer.!!!

Reviewed 4 July 2015

This was a really great way to spend a couple of hours and we were lucky with the weather too. We took the blue bus from Milford and marvelled at the scenery and wildlife. Lunch stop was at Holmsley, so nice & peaceful as not many folk get off here. Then onto Burley for a poodle round.
We only used the all day ticket for the blue bus but if we had more time we could have done all 3 routes.
I think the all day ticket was £15.00 pp