“Great Service and Great Food”
Review of The Crown Inn

The Crown Inn
Ranked #12 of 119 Restaurants in Lymington
Price range: US$5 - US$40
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Crown Inn Pub and Restaurant - our aim is to accommodate both drinkers and diners alike, within a comfortable contemporary setting (we have tried to mix the old with the new, to create a warm, cosy ambience)We have been here for 6 years, and Phil does all of the cooking, so our main objective is to provide consistently good home-cooked food (which obviously takes time to prepare and cook to your liking) from an extensive menu, using only quality produce.We would like to think that our service is of a similar standard to the food, and that you should feel welcome and 'looked after' at all times.
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

I visited on 24th August for dinner with my husband, child and baby. The staff could not have been more accommodating and even rushed through our toddlers' meal order as it was late and we wanted to avoid a tantrum! The girls who served us had excellent customer service and the food was exquisite so compliments to the chef! I would highly recommend the belly pork.
We will definitely return next time we are in the area.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

This is our 'local' and have visited many times. On this occasion I took my Daughter and Grandson for lunch. The food, as always is freshly cooked to order and was the usual high standard we have come to expect from Phil the Chef. There was a good choice for my Grandson on the children's menu. The end result, three very clean plates!!! This was my Daughters first visit and she thoroughly enjoyed it, I have a feeling I shall be taking her again!

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Good food at reasonable prices excellent service by knowledgable staff who could explain menu and make recommendations

Reviewed 19 August 2014

We arrived 10 minutes earlier than our 8pm booking and were initially met with what could be best described as a rather stressed lady who initially told us to sit by the bar as they were busy.

After waiting 5 minutes or so after our 8pm booking time, we were shown to our table and advised to look at the menu at the other end of the restaurant. After a while, the server took our order of steak and kidney pudding and a burger. I asked for the burger to be cooked “rare”, however a few minutes later, the previously stressed out lady, who was now much calmer, advised that the chef would not cook the burger “rare” but would cook it “medium rare”. Not a massive problem but somewhat of a surprise given the reputation for good food.

We did have quite a long wait for the food, however not a problem given the restaurant was full and we were not in a particular rush. When the food arrived, it was very nice, well presented and substantial; my burger came with chips and a salad and was very filling. My wife enjoyed her steak and kidney pudding which was generously filled with plenty of steak (more steak than we have seen in most other restaurants). Overall, we really enjoyed the meal and given the quality of the meal, thought it was great value.

We will definitely return when we are back in the area.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We were here with friends who live in Lymington not far away from this fantastic restaurant and pub. He had booked as we wanted Friday night 7.30pm ish. Well we managed to get the last car parking space in the car park, but you should have seen the line of cars on the roadside.
Lovely inside very oldi worldly and clean. A very varied menu a little for every body. I had a vegetarian mushroom pasta very large portion had to leave some. No room left for a desert.
Food very good. Just one problem we had which was a very young lad say 11 years old was serving us with wine, beer and taking orders. Sorry but he should not be behind the bar and serving customers.

2  Thank AnnNottinghamEngland