“Really lovely accomodation and breakfasts. Very Friendly.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of A Little Gem

A Little Gem
Ranked #22 of 44 Lymington B&B and Inns
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
“Really lovely accomodation and breakfasts. Very Friendly.”
Reviewed 23 August 2011

A Little Gem is a lovely place to stay. Mrs Money makes you feel very welcome and at home. This is an ideal place to stay with children. My children didn't want to leave!!!! Breakfasts are tailored to your individual needs and requirements and are very very tasty. A Little Gem is close to the local village and only a 5 to 10 minute drive into Lymington, in a nice quiet cul-de-sac. We would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: Two rooms, dbl has seperate bathroom, twin has ensuite shower room (this can also be made into king...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 August 2011

We stayed at this B & B for two nights. The room was very clean and comfortable. The hostess Mrs Money was very welcoming and
her two little dogs were endearing. The breakfast was ok. We did feel very welcome and if we visit Lymington again we will return.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Hatfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 July 2011

My Mother and I spent a very enjoyable night at 'A little gem' in Lymington which this B&B was. It was easy to find and was ideally situated for both the New Forest and for the ferry across to the Isle of Wight. We were made to feel extremely welcome. The ensuite room was a good size and met all our needs with excellent coffee/tea making facilities. The full english breakfast was cooked to order and was hot and very tasty; and we were able to have it at a time that suited us. Good value for money. We would definitely stay here again if we were in the area.

Room Tip: Quiet residential area with street parking. Excellent breakfast included and coffee/tea making facil...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Tourlaville
Reviewed 9 July 2011

Everything sarted last year when as was looking for a place to stay in the New Forest for our little French family. After a few hours spent online I came across "A litlle Gem" and I felt that it was THE place I had been looking for. We stayed five days in the warmest place we had never been to. My daughters fell in love with Elaine who's so kind and helpful. We enjoyed the delicious breakfast made out of fresh local products and a marvellous home made bread. We'd felt so well that we decided to come again the year after which was actually last April and here again the magic performed. Elaine was expecting us and we were all looking forward to staying again. The place was comfy and we enjoyed nice conversations over a cup of tea. The house is perfectly located within easy distance to the main local attractions. There's also a nice pub which serves lovely food just round the corner. My daughters will definitely remember the place and we will come back very soon. If you're looking for a true place to stay this is where you have to go to...

uk
Reviewed 5 July 2011

Warm welcome to a beautifully decorated house awaited our arrival. Our room exceptionally clean and very comfortable. Elaine was the ideal hostess friendly and chatty but equally leaving us to organise ourselves and very happy to provide a late Sunday breakfast.

This is the ideal spot to stay in Lymington, easy parking and a short walk into town. Access to the New Forest is only a moment away. We would certainly stay there again

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bagginsabraod
bronabrown, Owner at A Little Gem, responded to this review, 3 September 2011
It occurs to me that I didn’t thank you for your kind review. Please know I more than appreciate it, especially the comment with regard to parking. It was so nice of you to take the time to do it. With every good wish and do please come back to see me if every you are in this area. With every good wish.
Elaine Money
brighton, uk
Reviewed 14 May 2011

We came to 'A little gem' on the spur of the moment yet Mrs Money really made us feel at home. I am always rather wary of gushing reviews, but nothing was too much trouble for this genuinely friendly woman. Beautiful home-cooked food, a tranquil setting just a short drive from the heart of the New Forest, and a cosy home with a friendly and kind-hearted hostess whose welcome could not be faulted.

1 Thank rosepoet
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2011

If you are looking for a relaxing stay with a great host then choose Little Gem. Mrs Money has a home which is extremely welcoming and ideally located to explore the New Forest and surrounding area. Little Gem is located in an extremely quiet Cul-de-Sac making the night's sleep just right. You are only a short taxi ride away from the centre of Lymington.

The best thing about Little Gem is the host. Mrs Money makes you feel like its your home rather than hers! Within 5 minutes of arriving, my children were out walking Mrs Money's 2 dogs with her, giving my wife and I enough time to get ready for the wedding we were visiting the area for.

The breakfast was superb; nothing is too much trouble and everything is either local or from Waitrose. Mrs Money takes great pride in ensuring you have eaten enough to set you on your way for the day.

My family all agree when I say that if you are looking for a relaxing time in a beautiful home with a great host, Little Gem is perfect for you.

Room Tip: The room with 2 singles has the en-suite
1 Thank DGillert
bronabrown, Owner at A Little Gem, responded to this review, 3 September 2011
It occurs to me that I did not thank you for your wonderful review. This was very remiss of me and I do apologise. I want you to know I really appreciate it. It was a great pleasure to have you and your family stay here and I do hope that, at some time in the future, you will all be able to stay here once again. With every good wish.
Mrs. Money, Bertie Biggles and Brona Brown