“Interesting and informed”

15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Interesting and informed”
Reviewed 27 October 2012

Great for a "small town" museum with fantastic art exhibitions, historical re-enactments and very enthusiastic followers. Friendly and accommodating people support group.

Visited September 2012
4 Thank Tripsolo

Graz, Austria
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“discworld exhibition and fun at the museum”
Reviewed 17 September 2012

almost by accident I found out, that there was a Paul Kidby exhibition going on only 2 streets away from our b+b. the discworld exhibition was great, I always wanted to see the paintings this close! WOW. the staff at the museum was really nice, we had some fun at the museums own exhibition on lymingtons past, the smuggler, the eel fishing, how to get salt out of sea water...there were boxes full of stuff for children, you could dress up as a house maid or in a bathing suit, search the smuggler for tea/brandy/silk and so on..we had a really good time (ok, we act a bit stupid for our age, but that's holidays for you)! and the best of all: we met Paul Kidby in person! the lady at the reception even made him sign 2 pictures I bought, I was rather panik stricken and didn't want to bother him, but she insisted :D one of the best days in southern england!!!

Visited September 2012
5 Thank feedonsandwiches
Berkhamsted
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 137 helpful votes
“Well worth a visit.”
Reviewed 16 August 2012

This is a great place to take your grandchildren on a rainy day. It has very clean toilets and seems to have been designed with bored children in mind. It is not free but the entry cost is only £3 for OAP's and children are less. There are lots of interactive exhibs to amuse the kids and several chances for them to dress up as Victorians, pirates or fishermen.

For the grown ups there are original photos and a varying display of local art. OK, it not the National History Museum and it is run by volunteers, but they do it well and it is really good for half an hour to an hour for the children up to around 10 years old.

Visited August 2012
5 Thank GloriousGrey
Lymington, United Kingdom
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 155 helpful votes
“A hidden gem!”
Reviewed 8 June 2012

The museum is an absolute hidden gem in Lymington! It has plenty of interactive & hands on exhibits to please my young nephew & niece but interesting older artifacts to engage my elderly parents with reminiscences of war time & times gone by.
The pictures in the Art Gallery when we visited were lovely & I understand that there are some other interesting exhibitions coming up over the year.
Its really a worthwhile visit during a trip to Lymington!

Visited April 2012
6 Thank LindyLooe
Lymington, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Magic!”
Reviewed 4 May 2012

This museum is well worth a visit, lots for children to do, hands on exhibits in the museum with plenty to keep the children amused. The Art has an impressive programme of exhibitions from local history exhibitions to nationally aclaimed art exhibitions. From their 'Whats On 2012' guide I've spotted that there is going to be an exhibition of works by Randolph Schwabe later on in the year.

I came to see the 'Geoffrey Dashwood, Bronze Sculptures', my goodness how impressive!! I love the monumental Great Crested Grebe!

I'll definately be bisiting again.

Visited May 2012