“Day out”

Ranked #38 of 123 Restaurants in Lymington
Price range: US$10 - US$34
Cuisines: Asian, Barbecue, Central European, British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Located in the harbour of Lymington on the South Coast, The Mayflower is a stunning coastal inn which has superb dining and stylish rooms with seaside views. Our six bedrooms are beautifully finished, each with their own unique, comforting and contemporary twist. Sleep in the finest Egyptian cotton bed linen, bathe in beautiful Victorian roll-top baths and enjoy some down-time with a Nespresso while looking out over the Solent. Recently awarded a coveted AA Rosette, we pride ourselves in supporting all things British and all things local, so expect to dine on the finest ingredients that Hampshire and the beautiful South Coast have to offer. Our talented chefs have lovingly prepared a delicious menu, including beautiful seasonal dishes such as crab and lobster macaroni with spinach, morels and tarragon or Buffalo mozzarella, heirloom tomatoes, grilled pepper and basil bruschetta. With an extensive wine list, the best in class ales and a great selection of creative gin cocktails, we have something for everyone at The Mayflower. As a nation, we love to experience the outdoors with our food and drinks. Come summer time, our guests can enjoy our spacious garden, with a picture perfect coastal backdrop as far as the eye can see. The perfect location for al fresco dining. In the winter time, we have real log fires throughout the pub to keep you warm on the coldest of nights. We are conveniently located on the South Coast in Hampshire and are very near to the Isle of Wight and the New Forest - which are truly beautiful at any time of the year, and offer the best in sailing adventures, sightseeing and countryside pursuits. Whether it's a perfectly British Sunday lunch, a lazy afternoon in the garden with friends or a romantic getaway, make The Mayflower your destination of choice!
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Food came out hot and didn't have to wait long at all well presented and dogs welcome very good food and good portion size

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Our little Yorkie is welcomed in the garden and demands tasters...
No matter how many time we visit and full pub or not the food is delicious, served before we finish the first drink. And a bonus: food served nearly all day, no need to wait till 6pm!

Reviewed 22 August 2014

We live in Hythe (Hampshire) and often go to Lymington market but I had never heard of this place until my wife suggested we went for a drink there whilst on a walk around the marina a few weeks ago. It was perfectly pleasant but to be honest I didn't think much more about it.

Last weekend we had guests...a cousin from Scotland (but living in London) and his girlfriend who is originally from Chile. Neither of them knew the New Forest at all...we decided to show them around then have a lunch somewhere. My wife suggested the Mayflower because it was close to the water and we could go there after seeing Brockenhurst, Lyndhurst etc.

We booked ahead and I was assured the full menu was available on Sundays.

The experience was outstanding. Perfect service, four very diverse meals (ranging from steak to salad to ham and egg to fish) - all served promptly, beautifully presented and delicious. The steak-eater said possibly the best one he'd ever had.

Great location near the water, lovely garden and brilliant, friendly service.

It was as good a Sunday lunch as I've ever had in a pub/restaurant and we will, without a doubt, repeat the experience next time we which to show the area off.

Outstanding.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

It's more than a year since I dined at this pub/restaurant. On that first visit the experience was rather mediocre. This time it was a delight. This time I had the king prawns starter and the salmon main, which frankly were perfect. Two others in my party had whitebait starters and the salmon also, and one had rump steak with chips and pepper sauce. The other two had scampi. We all felt the same - that the meals were excellent. The service was very good too. I only had to attract attention once for another bottle of wine. Otherwise service was very attentive, and certainly cheerful and friendly. For a busy Thursday night with every table taken, they did very very well indeed. I was especially taken by Alisha whose smile and friendliness was clearly genuine.

I have given this restaurant a 4 (Very Good) rather than a 5 (Excellent). I wish there were a 4.5 because I really couldn't fault it. I very rarely give a 5, reserving it for the very very best - Maybe next time. Who knows.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Three generations went to the Mayflower for lunch. The menu and specials gave a wide choice. The atmosphere was very relaxed but the attention we had was spot on. We all had a wide range of meals and we were all very pleased with them. The car park is rather small and the marked spaces must have been made for minis! There was a nice play area for young children.
I can thoroughly recommend this restaurant.