“Stayed in the beautiful yellow garden suite for our anniversary and it was absolutely great!”

Stanwell House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Lymington
Reviewed 23 June 2012

After seeing reviews on trip advisor I booked a garden suite for a nights stay for our anniversary and the room was fantastic. Beautifully decorated (especially the bathroom) with a feeling of having its own garden. We were very lucky as we stayed when the weather was gorgeous in May.

The location on Lymington High Street is great, with some lovely boutique shops only a few doors away.

We ate dinner in the hotel restaurant, which the food was divine and breakfast had a good selection.

The only negative point I have is that I only stayed for one night! I would definitely visit again.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank ZoeandLewis

Reviewed 14 June 2012

We stayed here for one night in May 2012 for one night. We booked a standard double room which was 99 pounds. We were in room 30 which was quite small and very hot given that it had been a warm day and there is no air conditioning or fan in this room.

Bed was comfy, decor was okay but a bit dated in the bedroom. The bathroom had definitely seen better days and I've uploaded some pictures of the chipped bath tub, broken tiles, yellowed grouting. Shower was quite poor and underpowered. There was also no extractor fan in the bathroom and the window also didn't open in here.

The breakfast was nice and staff very friendly. This place is okay to stay in and we can only comment on the room we had, however I personally think that they are over seliing it a bit as a boutique hotel.

Parking is on a first come first served basis and we had to drive round the one way system a couple of times before we could find a space to unload our luggage.

Reviewed 12 June 2012

Me and my now husband have been to this hotel about 4 or 5 times now, and always take our 2 dogs. The staff are just lovely, so friendly and helpful.
The dog friendliness of this hotel is beyond anywhere else I have ever been-most places that allow dogs always seem to allow them but have strict rules and make you feel a bit like you're not welcome. Stanwell house give your dog a blanket, treats and poo bags, buckets of fuss and love, and they are hardly restricted from any part of the hotel-they can even dine with you! I have never been to such a lovely dog friendly hotel and I have stayed in quite a few 'dog friendly hotels' now!!
We have a extra special bond to this hotel as my other half proposed to me on a walk around th new forest while staying here, and a year later on we came back for our wedding night- a whole 2.5 hour trip-because there truely is no better place to be!
The furniture and look of the hotel is gorgeous too-so fun and trendy but super comfortable.This is a 6/5 hotel!

Room Tip: Garden rooms are great for dog owners and just gorgeous. If you want super luxury then go for the s...
Reviewed 12 June 2012

My partner and I have recently stayed at the Stanwell House and can say it completely exceeds standards and expectations, especially when compared to similar places of this price.
After having a problem with finding the car park the staff at the hotel were so friendly and could not do more to help and solved the problem immediately.
We were offered an upgrade to a 4 poster room which was just lovely, very specious and very well decorated, the bathroom also very spacious and modern.
Unfortunately we did not dine at the hotel, however drinks in the bar and conservatory were served with such friendly and efficient service. The drinks list is fantastic with a great range of cocktails and the bar is even open 24hrs to residents!
Breakfast in the morning was also suburb with great options to choose from.
Absolutely love the feel and atmosphere of this hotel and will certainly be back soon to eat in the restaurant.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Robins405
Reviewed 9 June 2012

This is the third time I have visited Stanwell House, but the first time with our new whippet, Penny.
So worth another review - this place never lets you down.

Stanwell is a fantastic hotel, great location, great staff and genuinly one of the best Fish retaurants I have been to - it is exceptional!! Worthy of awards, the Oysters and the small tappas size plates were amazing!!
We stayed in one of the garden rooms which are dog friendly and it was perfect, a touch small but we were only there for one night, but the garden room have doors that(not surprisingly) open onto the garden. You are given a lovely little dog blanket, dog treats and poo bags - and everyone is so welcoming.
It is fantastic to have a place of such quality be so welcoming.

The Only complaint is the car parking which others have commented on, it would be better to expand the car parking. This is the third time I have stayed and I have never managed to get a spot in the hotel car park. But this is more of a warning, it is no hassle.

Room Tip: GArden rooms for the dog owners, rooms in the main building for character.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RichWandsworth
Reviewed 7 June 2012

My partner and I stayed at Stanwell House on May 31st, for one night. The room was beautiful, we were upgraded to a four poster room, which was just luxurious! We ate in the Seafood restaurant, the food was sublime, the staff were attentive but discreet, the desert was fab! Breakfast was a sumptious affair with so much choice. Decadance for me!
Such lovely staff, beautiful room, comfortable bed, wonderful food, great location, free parking..... I was overwhelmed by it. The decor and attention to detail was marvellous. Congratulations and thank you for making our stay so utterly special. We will definelty visit again!!

1  Thank SailingJonesy
Reviewed 6 June 2012

From booking to checking out this was a great stay.Relaxed,friendly and exceptional value, with costs being no more than those sort of average pub with room type places. Small, but perfectly formed with attentive staff and lovely food being served in several different areas.Nothing was too much trouble and I will certainly return.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank sarah s
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lymington
Passford House
#1 of 2 in Burley
Cottage Lodge Hotel
Cottage Lodge Hotel
#1 of 10 in Brockenhurst

Been to Stanwell House Hotel? Share your experiences!