This review is solely based on our experiences when staying in one of the apartmenets offered through hoseasons. Firstly, this is a peaceful resort, with excellent leisure facilities and 2 restaurants for either end of the cost scale. We had the Marina Lodge, yet we were actually in the main hotel house. This seemed confusing, as like other guests we spoke to, the hotel rooms were actually out in the grounds. Although the location of our apartment (Manor House 27) was not necessarily a problem, the accomodation was rather dated and needed a serious refurbishment. stained carpets, hard matresses, half broken dining chairs, poor plumbing allowing only 1 bath before all the hot water was gone (bare in mind this is a 6 person apartment), so showers were the only viable option. Saying that, the apartment did have plenty of room which was really ideal. Our biggest gripe was the 'energy bill' of £41 for a 4 night break, when there was only two of us, and considering that we spent every day/evening out of the apartment, was hard to calculate. Surely having 6 people living in there, would make the cost more than the holiday itself! On check-in at the hotel reception, we were told our room would not be ready yet as it was still being cleaned, yet we wandered up the room to have a look anyway, and there was no cleaner, nor their cleaning trolley in sight, however we did walk into the apartment with all the radiators on full blast, thus resembling a sauna (perhaps a sign of them trying to boost the price of our eneryg bill). On check out, we were told this was to be done over at the leisure club, something which was an incovenience and could be a pain for people who dont fancy the additional walk (a simple message in the room to tell us, would have been helpful).
Overal, a nice resort, but badly let down by the organisation of staff, and quality of our apartment.
Again, this is based on the apartments, and not if your booking a hotel room directly with macdonalds (although looking at other reviews, it's not much different in some cases)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the stunning Solent Coast, this New Forest hotel is only 15 minutes' walk from the nearby town of Lymington. Set in a manor house dating from 1820 and surrounded by 23 acres of private grounds, the Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort is the ideal venue for a weekend break or a romantic wedding in the Hampshire countryside. Swim in the indoor or seasonal outdoor pool, book in for a spa treatment, dine in the elegant Waterford Restaurant or simply relax in the spacious accommodation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel Lymington
- Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel And Resort
- Macdonald Elmers Court Lymington
- Elmers Court
- Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort Lymington, New Forest