We visited on a time share exchange and did not expect a great deal from this rather tired looking resort. We had wanted to visit various attractions in the New Forest so the location was more important than the actual resort. First impressions were that we were too young as we are only in our mid fifties!
After being directed across the grounds to the time share reception, we were speedily checked in and pointed towards our lodge, the ground floor of a block of maisonettes with uninterrupted views over the lawns sloping down to the estuary. Tip - the top floor units have better views and you don't have people walking over your head!
The apartment was surprisingly well furnished and equipped - particularly the flat screen TV and internet/entertainment facilities. The latter are well worth the tiny fee of less than £10 per week. However, be aware that the wireless signal is interrupted when the Isle of White ferry passes across the view. The kitchen was well equipped although the knife set was dangerously blunt - an accident waiting to happen.
The bedrooms were adequate but the furniture could do with being better positioned as it was only to easy to walk into the chest of drawers in the main bedroom due to lack of space. With no real sunlight reaching into the apartment, we found it necessary to keep the electric heating on for most of the time we were in the apartment. This proved to less expensive than we thought.
The real downside was the bathroom which was very dated and could do with a complete make-over.
On site, the spa and swimming pool were first class and the adjoining bar/restaurant adequate.
We did not test other facilities as, being March, it was a bit too cold to swim outside or play tennis, etcetera. Avoid the main hotel restaurant as it is totally devoid of any ambiance or quality.
All in all, a relaxing week's stay. A little bit of TLC and money could really improve this resort as the location is fantastic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the stunning Solent Coast, this New Forest hotel is only 15 minutes' walk from the nearby town of Lymington. Set in a manor house dating from 1820 and surrounded by 23 acres of private grounds, the Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort is the ideal venue for a weekend break or a romantic wedding in the Hampshire countryside. Swim in the indoor or seasonal outdoor pool, book in for a spa treatment, dine in the elegant Waterford Restaurant or simply relax in the spacious accommodation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel And Resort
- Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel Lymington
- Macdonald Elmers Court Lymington
- Elmers Court
- Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort Lymington, New Forest