On arrival at the hotel we booked in via reception which is situated in the main manor house building. It's at this point you are informed that the hotel rooms are situated in Motel like out buildings, don't get me wrong this is more than likely explained on the hotels website but it isn't how the hotel is portrade in pictures etc. You are given a small map to help you find your rooms, although a torch and a compass would also be helpful (especially if it's dark and raining as it was on our arrival). The rooms where a disappointment, we had booked a suit and although it was very clean and spacious it was quite dated and starting to show it's age. The electric wall heater in the bedroom didn't work but after a call to reception and an hours wait for a member of maintanence we were given a tempory upright electric heater. I would sum up the rooms as being functional but far from luxurious.
For a our evening meal we decided to eat at the Waterford restaurant as the Steak club looked more like a social club. To be honest I wish we had driven to a local restaurant as the food in the Waterford was poor to say the least. My wife's starter was average and my starter which was a winter broth was floating in grease. For our main course we both had the Ribeye steak which as it was served our waitress apologised for the poor quality of meat, but was politely told that there was not point sending it back because that was all they had. Deserts again a disappointment. Although the bar was well stocked.
Breakfast was mediocre although the deep-fried blackpudding which was still bubbling with fat and almost a liquid, and the watery runny scrambled egg where both inedible.
All the staff that we encountered we very friendly and professional, just a shame that they're sinking ship of a hotel let them down.
We booked this stay as a short romantic getaway for my wife's birthday, but left feeling very disappointed, tired and hungry.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the stunning Solent Coast, this New Forest hotel is only 15 minutes' walk from the nearby town of Lymington. Set in a manor house dating from 1820 and surrounded by 23 acres of private grounds, the Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort is the ideal venue for a weekend break or a romantic wedding in the Hampshire countryside. Swim in the indoor or seasonal outdoor pool, book in for a spa treatment, dine in the elegant Waterford Restaurant or simply relax in the spacious accommodation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, LateRooms, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Cancelon, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel And Resort
- Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel Lymington
- Macdonald Elmers Court Lymington
- Elmers Court
- Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort Lymington, New Forest