“very pleasant”

Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Lymington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 14 February 2013

we are a couple (working parents who looked for an opportunity to escape our busy London lives for 24 hours or so.. )We booked this resort last minute and we were not disappointed.
We took the option of dinning in the resort mainly due to the weather conditions and did not regret it. Overall a very nice experience which we recommend to our friends for a relaxing break.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 23London_11
gmelmers, General Manager at Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2013

Dear Guest,

It was with great pleasure that I shared your feedback with our team who thank you for your feedback. It was great to know that we made your break a very relaxing one. We hope to welcome you back very shortly at the Resort.

There are newer reviews for Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort

Reviewed 11 February 2013

i booked this trip to be arelaxing day out for a friend and i. Little did i know what it would actualy be like.. after many phone calls to the hotel,spa and leisure facilitys i had been told several different things by numerous amount of people.

T the first person i spoke with advised me if i booked the spa treatment then the leisure facilities and lunch would be included. I was very happy with this so asked to be booked in. I had earlier sent an email request asking for details, which i later received a call about, i explained i had already booked and that i no longer needed assitance, to which her respnse was, im very sorry but there seems to have been some confusion as it was never booked and my treatment time was never held.

This being told to me cam as a surprise and i was not atall happy after she then went on to explain that the £75 only included the treatment, not access to swimming pool etc and lunch!! so i told her to forget about it as i had never experienced such bad customer service from such a large hotel group.

I persisted to look at other spas, to then receive a further phone call from the hotel apologising for the ciontradictory information i had been told and would honour what was originally advised but without lunch included. After this news i was happy about this, until she mentioned the times for the treatment. The only time available was after 3pm. This was ridiculous to me as i had previously booked us both in for 10am treatments so we could enjoy the rest of the day, so i declined.

I then recieved a call 2 hours later saying they had a cancellation so could book us both in for 10am. I cautiously booked this in.

After all this hassle, i was looking forward to a relaxing day but instead, after the treatment which was a lovely experience and very relaxing. We went to the pool, sauna and steam room area, which we were looking forward to...unfortunately it was over run by children, screaming, running around and umping in the pool. We soon left and will never return.

I would not recommend this place for Spa, relaxion use.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank TanyaM1988

Dear guest,
Thank you for your review of our establishment, we were sorry to read that on this instance we could not meet your expectations. Please accept my apologies for the breakdown in communication which was, I agree, totally unacceptable.
Following a couple of similar situation we have reviewed and changed our booking procedure with key personnel responsible for calling our guests back.
Regarding the facilities used by children we are a Family Resort and we do welcome children however we have recently ended outside contracted children activities as they were compromising our Spa guest comfort. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally and I will ensure we restore your faith in our establishment.

Reviewed 5 February 2013

my wife and i stayed here fore our anniversary 1st of february.we got a very good deal online.i was amazed to see that they did not have many guests,its usually buzzing.also for 2 out of the 3 days we stayed got our booking details wrong,had to keep showing a print off to prove it, wasnt very happy about that. the place is fantastic the staff our very helpful and friendly.if your looking for some where to stay with ,pently of obtions of where to go ,or what to o ,then you cant go wrong here,even with children. lovely place

Room Tip: dont get a chice ,room is already allocated to you
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank harryfrddy

Dear Guest,

It is always so positive to receive great feedback like yours, and we were delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please accept my apologies for the situation with your booking details, I have addressed this situation to ensure of no further guest disappointment. Our team would like to thank you for your kindness in words and look forward to your return in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 3 February 2013

Staff were very helpful and attentive. Bowl of fruit left in our room with an anniversary card hand written by the manager, lovely touch. The rooms were great with their own balcony and fridge. Breakfasts were amazing and served beautifully. The indoor swimming pool was a little shabby and I am sure had too many chemicals in it but my treatment at the Vital Spa was good. You can walk into Lymington from this hotel its a little over a mile so good location.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

It was with great pleasure that I shared your feedback with our team who thank you for your feedback. It was great to know that we made your break a very special Anniversary. I can assure you that our pool chemicals are always at government guidelines as we would have to shut the pool if they were unsafe levels.We hope to welcome you back very shortly at the Resort.

Reviewed 26 January 2013

Friends and I had afternoon tea at this lovely country house which was quite delightful. A good selection of sandwiches and fancy cakes. Complimentary champagne was provided as it was a birthday treat. It made us all feel very special. Thank you to the staff and management for this lovely touch and we all look forward to retuning this year.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great comments left on the Trip Advisor Website, we were delighted to read that you found your afternoon tea experience really enjoyable and really appreciate your complimentary glass of Champagne to celebrate your birthday. I have feedback your comments with our team and they thank you for your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Manor House in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

I booked this hotel last minute on a last minute hotel search engine as I was looking for a quick break with my girlfriend back in 2009 (not 2012!). To be fair I didn't really read the description and thought we were heading off to a B&B as the price was so good. How wrong I was. The place itself is amazing. There is a grand main hotel building but in addition they have little chalet rooms which is what we were lucky enough to stay in. We went in July and the weather was amazing - which was perfect for the use of the outdoor pool. Honestly it felt like we were on holiday. After the pool we made our way to one of the bar/restaurants where they had Wimbledon tennis playing on the screen had a few drinks and a decent meal. In the evening we were able to walk down the huge garden and look out to the views of the port which offers trips to the Isle of Mann (I think). We stayed 2 nights at this place, the room was fantastic (being greeted by ducks at our door each morning was also pretty novel - my girlfriend loved it), the staff were friendly and the facilities were great. I have tried to go back but since we went the price has been much higher and I simply cannot afford to go. However, we will always have the amazing memory of staying at this top class place for a long weekend. Will keep checking out prices for the summer and hopefully we can go back one day. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Go for the chalets!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David H

Dear Guest,

It was with great pleasure that I shared your feedback with our team who thank you for your feedback. It was great to know that we made your break a very special one. Please call us back for preferential rate and we will try our best to provide you with an appropriate rate. We hope to welcome you back very shortly at the Resort.

Reviewed 19 January 2013 via mobile

The customer service is excellent and nothing was too much trouble. The dining experience in the Waterford restaurant was first class; I can be fussy and it was no problem to provide alternative vegetables and a dessert not on the menu.
The whole experience of the stay was excellent; the staff make you feel as if you are the only guest and your wishes are paramount.
Really excellent hotel that maintains the Macdonald quality and luxury brand: the motto of great food and hospitality was certainly lived up to.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank kimbxx

Dear Guest,

It is always so positive to receive great feedback like yours, and we were delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. As per your comments “your wishes are paramount and we were delighted to read that our team could exceed your expectations. Our entire team like to thank you for your kind words and look forward to your return in the not too distant future.

Resort General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lymington
Passford House
#1 of 1 in Milford on Sea
The Beaulieu Hotel
The Beaulieu Hotel
#2 of 2 in Beaulieu

Been to Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort? Share your experiences!