We stayed here for 2 nights on15/11 having booked with Secret Escapes. The room itself was fine (23a), neat and clean with free wifi, flat screen tv and the usual tea making facilities. We ate in the steakhouse and the Waterford restaurant. The waterford was lovely with excellent food. The steakhouse was nice too but lacked atmosphere in the evening. We were the only ones in there, quite bright and with football on a large screen tv! Though the serving staff were very polite and helpful in the restaurants, the reception and room service let the hotel down.
On arrival (in the dark) you are given a map to find your room, after 2 laps of the rooms we finally found it was upstairs but it is so dark it is impossible to read the door numbers on the posts or the map. They really need to show you to your room. They also offer fresh milk from room service for your room( you have a fridge) but when I phoned up I got a short "it may be a while Madam." I'm still waiting! When we phoned to say we would have breakfast in bed (£3 surcharge) and to say we would leave the menu outside as it says to,I was told curtly told to bring it to reception instead. Think they forgot who the guest was. There was a wedding going on so perhaps they were busy but we were paying customers and shouldn't be doing their job for them.Very minor issues but politeness costs very little.
Overall, it's a nice place, with pretty grounds and good food but we wouldn't return as we have had better service for less money elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the stunning Solent Coast, this New Forest hotel is only 15 minutes' walk from the nearby town of Lymington. Set in a manor house dating from 1820 and surrounded by 23 acres of private grounds, the Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort is the ideal venue for a weekend break or a romantic wedding in the Hampshire countryside. Swim in the indoor or seasonal outdoor pool, book in for a spa treatment, dine in the elegant Waterford Restaurant or simply relax in the spacious accommodation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel And Resort
- Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel Lymington
- Macdonald Elmers Court Lymington
- Elmers Court
- Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort Lymington, New Forest