Arriving in the driveway, across a bridge, the main building was like entering a National Trust Stately Home. After parking the car, a walk to reception found a very friendly and helpful Anthony and checked in with a roaring fire and large Christmas tree giving it a homely atmosphere. A printed map guided us to our room which are all located in separate blocks, thankfully it wasn't raining! Rooms on 2 levels with stairs only to upper floor rooms.
Very large room with comfortable bed, settee and even a kitchen with fridge and sink, the bathroom was large, clean and with a power shower. Plenty of heating and easily controlled.
As we were on a 2-night Secret Escapes deal, a 3-course dinner was included on both nights. Arriving at the bar, we checked in for dinner and were invited to take a drink, but unfortunately no draught beer available so only bottles of lager. The staff were very polite and friendly, a menu offered to select our first 2 courses and then we were invited to the lovely dining room which became full to take our seats. Service was good with just enough time between courses. Food was very well presented and very good especially the Lamb Shank (they ran out!).
After a good nights sleep, with no noise from neighbours (if there were any?) and newspapers ordered hanging on our door, breakfast was served in the Steak Room in the Leisure Centre (the pool looked enticing). There was an excellent choice from a well stocked buffet, but cooked breakfasts, porridge, etc orders were taken and served by friendly waitresses - far better than the help-your-self buffets in most hotels of this type where the food is piled high, often cold and people take too much and waste it. Cooked breakfast was very good and plenty of tea or coffee and toast if required.
The grounds of Elmers Court are extensive and well worth a walk down to the river and this would be a great setting in the Summer with warmer weather for drinks on the terrace.
Checking out was easy and a friendly au revoir from Anthony.
We will definitely be back, probably in the Summer next time. The area with the New Forest, Lymington and Milford-On-Sea (great view of The Needles and Isle of Wight) is fantastic.
Have joined the Macdonalds rewards scheme.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the stunning Solent Coast, this New Forest hotel is only 15 minutes' walk from the nearby town of Lymington. Set in a manor house dating from 1820 and surrounded by 23 acres of private grounds, the Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort is the ideal venue for a weekend break or a romantic wedding in the Hampshire countryside. Swim in the indoor or seasonal outdoor pool, book in for a spa treatment, dine in the elegant Waterford Restaurant or simply relax in the spacious accommodation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LateRooms, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel And Resort
- Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel Lymington
- Macdonald Elmers Court Lymington
- Elmers Court
- Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort Lymington, New Forest