Firstly, the Hotel is in a beautiful area and is easy to find. First impressions don't disappoint either.
We knew from reading other reviews that we would be staying in 'chalet' style rooms away from the main house- and this was fine by us.
The room for myself, my Husband and 8 year old daughter was spacious with a large fold out sofa bed for her (which she loved). Unfortunately, ours was not one of the rooms which has recently been refurbished- and it showed. The decor was terribly dated and mis-matched, however the room was very clean and that is far more important to us. So we were happy.
Upon arriving we went for a swim in the lovely indoor pool (perhaps if anything, a little TOO warm!). The pool, steam room and sauna were great. Changing rooms ok- though not enough private ones for those of us who prefer not to disrobe in front of the general public.
Food at breakfast was average but dinner at the Waterford Restaurant was great ( other than soup on first night which was terrible- but we really believe that was the exception for the restaurant rather than the rule.
The only problem was service in the restaurant. After very enthusiastic welcomes and taking the orders we saw nothing else of the waiting staff. On both nights we dined there we were not once offered more drinks, or water. I found myself having to call staff over every time I wanted another glass of wine. This seems like bad business to me- and I bet they are losing a lot of money through lost sales of beverages. I heard other guests venting their frustration over this too, so really think it needs to be addressed.
I liked it at this hotel. I didn't love it.
We got a great deal through Secret Escapes for the stay and I think it was worth what we paid. I would be extremely unhappy had we paid full price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the stunning Solent Coast, this New Forest hotel is only 15 minutes' walk from the nearby town of Lymington. Set in a manor house dating from 1820 and surrounded by 23 acres of private grounds, the Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort is the ideal venue for a weekend break or a romantic wedding in the Hampshire countryside. Swim in the indoor or seasonal outdoor pool, book in for a spa treatment, dine in the elegant Waterford Restaurant or simply relax in the spacious accommodation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel And Resort
- Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel Lymington
- Macdonald Elmers Court Lymington
- Elmers Court
- Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort Lymington, New Forest