I booked this hotel as a spa package through lastminute.com for a Christmas present for my mum and I feel that we got great value for money. The hotel is beautiful and we stayed in a chalet style room outside, the rooms are basic but clean and comfortable. The beds was very comfortable and the setting is very quiet and peaceful.
The spa is lovely, the treatments we had were excellent and the staff were very friendly and helpful. If we had paid for the treatments separately it would have been very expensive but booking with the package deal we found it very good value for money and left feeling relaxed and pampered.
We ate lunch in the steak restaurant and this was good. Again good value as I hold a tastecard and got 2 for 1 on the meal. If you were coming to this hotel for more than a few nights might be worth investing in a tastecard as we actually saved quite a bit of money on our food and drinks throughout the stay as you can use this in the Waterford Restaurant also. Our evening meal was booked as part of the package in the Waterford Restaurant and we couldn't fault the food or the service. Our waitress Becca, was lovely and very attentive, she was very knowledgeable about wine and gave us a little wine tasting lesson! We got 2 courses with our package and paid for dessert separately, which I was able to use my tastecard so got 1 for free. The dessert was amazing and definitely worth paying a bit extra for. We also enjoyed drinks in the bar after dinner and again the service was faultless. Breakfast the next day was very nice and there was a wide range of food on offer.
Overall the hotel exceeded our expectations, after reading some reviews on trip advisor I was nervous about staying here. Do not listen to the other reviews as I have found nothing to complain about unless you are a miserable, picky person that enjoys complaining for the sake of it. If you book this hotel as part of package you will get a good deal and wont be disappointed. We would definitely stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the stunning Solent Coast, this New Forest hotel is only 15 minutes' walk from the nearby town of Lymington. Set in a manor house dating from 1820 and surrounded by 23 acres of private grounds, the Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort is the ideal venue for a weekend break or a romantic wedding in the Hampshire countryside. Swim in the indoor or seasonal outdoor pool, book in for a spa treatment, dine in the elegant Waterford Restaurant or simply relax in the spacious accommodation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel And Resort
- Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel Lymington
- Macdonald Elmers Court Lymington
- Elmers Court
- Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort Lymington, New Forest