Once the suggestion had been made that Elmers Court Hotel, Lymington may be a fitting venue for our family event, I made an informal visit and subsequently arranged to meet with the Events Coordinator, along with my mother and sister, so we could discuss our requirements, We were shown the rooms available and the Waterford Room felt just right for our purpose, with pleasant decor and the additional benefit of having lovely views through the windows of the well kept grounds and across The Solent to the Isle Of Wight.
When I made my impromptu visit, reception staff were welcoming and helpful and they didn't hesitate to call a member of staff to show me around. The arranged meeting went very well with the Events Coordinator, who was professional in manner, very friendly and calm; nothing seemed to be too much trouble regarding our requests. We left the meeting to discuss things as a family, but we were all in immediate agreement about using Elmers Court.
During the event arranging stages, it was possible for most things to be dealt with over the 'phone, but if the Events Coordinator was not immediately available when I telephoned, I was always informed when she would be there and I found messages were passed on and communication was good - all very important. We had one further meeting before the day to confirm the lay out of the room, seating arrangements etc and to ensure we had all things covered.
On the day of the event, we found all our wishes had been accommodated. There was sufficient parking for our guests, the facilities were clean and all areas we used were very comfortable. The buffet food was very good in terms of amount and quality and vegetarians and gluten free diets were catered for. All catering staff were polite and helpful. The tables were sensitively decorated with fresh flowers and as a family we couldn't have been more pleased and satisfied with the day, which we will cherish positively and as a very memorable occasion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the stunning Solent Coast, this New Forest hotel is only 15 minutes' walk from the nearby town of Lymington. Set in a manor house dating from 1820 and surrounded by 23 acres of private grounds, the Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort is the ideal venue for a weekend break or a romantic wedding in the Hampshire countryside. Swim in the indoor or seasonal outdoor pool, book in for a spa treatment, dine in the elegant Waterford Restaurant or simply relax in the spacious accommodation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel Lymington
- Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel And Resort
- Macdonald Elmers Court Lymington
- Elmers Court
- Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort Lymington, New Forest