We stayed in the studio apartments with friends in late February, not long after the area suffered from the flooding ( although it didn't affect the Hotel / Spa ). Our apartment was one of the lodges which formed a square to the side of the main Hotel building and near the spa. It was large, clean and had a small kitchen area which had a fridge, sink and kettle. The only complaint was the lack of a view as it overlooked only the other lodges, although hardly a "Problem".
We ate with our friends each night in a another apartment which overlooked the Sea ( they paid the near enough the same amount for a 2 bedroom apartment with included a good size kitchen ) so if you visit try and get into those apartments, or where our other friends stayed, again in a 2 bedroom apartment overlooking the outdoor pool.
The spa was included in the price and we used the pool which was clean although the changing rooms and shower area could do with a proper clean and update. Some of the fixtures and fittings needed maintenance.
Now for the bad news.
We had a drink in the spa's bar and where shocked when 2 Lagers, 2 Rose Wine sprizters and a J2O share between two children came to..??.. £30.50p... We checked and the Rose spritzer worked out at £9.. You have been warned..
But overall, we did have a nice relaxing stay with friends in a nice Hotel in a nice area. Take time to out to drive to Mudeford and walk the beach or go to Christchuch and enjoy the Harbour area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the stunning Solent Coast, this New Forest hotel is only 15 minutes' walk from the nearby town of Lymington. Set in a manor house dating from 1820 and surrounded by 23 acres of private grounds, the Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort is the ideal venue for a weekend break or a romantic wedding in the Hampshire countryside. Swim in the indoor or seasonal outdoor pool, book in for a spa treatment, dine in the elegant Waterford Restaurant or simply relax in the spacious accommodation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, LateRooms, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel Lymington
- Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel And Resort
- Macdonald Elmers Court Lymington
- Elmers Court
- Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort Lymington, New Forest