Stayed here for a couple of days in January with my husband, prior to doing a cruise from Southampton. What a great experience.
The location of the hotel is stunning and the views from the lawn out to sea are just amazing. If the weather is good you can just sit on one of the benches on the lawn and watch the ferries come and go all day on their way over to the Isle of Wight.
I booked a couple of spa treatments whilst we were there which were superb. Price wise, they were on par with what I would expect to pay in a Hotel Spa (and much cheaper than having them on the cruise).
The facial was wonderfully relaxing and the lovely girl who did my treatments was very welcoming and made the experience thoroughly enjoyable. I had a wonderful glow and my skin felt so much better for it.
Following my facial I then had a Jessica gel polish manicure and pedicure. Again, the girl proved very experienced and having had gel polish applied for years now, I have to say this is one of the best i have ever had.
My nail polish on my fingers was still perfectly chip free 4 weeks later and the polish on my toes is still totally chip free two months later! Ithe only reason i had to remove my polish was down to my nails having grown so much. The most i normally get out of a gel polish is two weeks.
I particularly like the fact that although the staff went through all the lovely products that they used, there was no hard sell that you get in many Spa's which was a welcome surprise. I did note that they had some great offers on in their products in gift boxes which i went back for before we left for our cruise.
Our room was very clean and comfortable, and we had a great sleep in the bed as we have in the past at other Macdonald Hotels. the facilities in the room all to a very high standard,
We ate in the Waterford restaurant on both nights and again, i couldn't fault the food or service.
It was lovely to have a pre-dinner drink in the lounge before dinner whilst we looked over the menu and put our order in, and then be seated at our table afterwards when the food was about to be served. The staff were attentive without being intrusive and they even offered us some umbrellas to run over to the other building after our dinner as it was raining.
Breakfast was as we would have expected from a Macdonald Hotel. The signature cooked breakfast and buffet style really are to a very hugh standard, with something for everyone.
All in all, a great experience. I highly recommend a stay here and the use of the Spa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the stunning Solent Coast, this New Forest hotel is only 15 minutes' walk from the nearby town of Lymington. Set in a manor house dating from 1820 and surrounded by 23 acres of private grounds, the Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort is the ideal venue for a weekend break or a romantic wedding in the Hampshire countryside. Swim in the indoor or seasonal outdoor pool, book in for a spa treatment, dine in the elegant Waterford Restaurant or simply relax in the spacious accommodation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, LateRooms, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel And Resort
- Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel Lymington
- Macdonald Elmers Court Lymington
- Elmers Court
- Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort Lymington, New Forest