“Last minute getaway”

Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Lymington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Booked last minute through Superbreak, the greeting on arrival cannot be faulted the staff are superb, friendly, polite and nothing too much for them. The house itself is outstanding. The rooms are in the gardens not attached to the main house which is different to say the least. Can't say much about the rooms. When we were there the weather was brilliant not so sure what it would be like if it were raining or very cold doubt if I would return in the winter. They have time share apartments in the gardens which is different!!!
We were in room 15 which was quite small realised we were in a Classic when we booked an Executive however this was not the hotels fault will take this up with Superbreak. The gardens are wonderful can sit and watch the boats sail by a perfect location.
We dined at the hotel and cannot fault the food nor the service. The staff are a credit to the hotel. Would I return, not sure will need to think about that one.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Leithy47
gmelmers, General Manager at Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for another great constructive review on the trip advisor website. I was pleased to read that you were able to enjoy the all the facilities, especially the Waterford Restaurant to make your break so relaxing and special. Please accept my apologies for the quality of your cocktail we have since retrained our team on the cocktail on our list to ensure of no further disappointment.
We really look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort

Reviewed 16 March 2014

My wife booked this through Lastminute.com and were a bit apprehensive because we got a great price for two days with dinner and spa treatments. We have taken these types of breaks before and have paid a lot more. We wanted some extra packages and called the hotel direct who were happy to upgrade the room for £25 and we paid an extra £10 per head for a special Valentines Day champagne dinner.

The hotel and room was great. the spa facilities were perhaps lacking that luxurious touch but the pool, steamroom and sauna were all excellent. Don't expect a hot tub!

The hotel is located close to Lymington with lots of restaurants/pubs and shops. probably a short car journey.

The restaurant dinner was really good and the inclusive full English breakfast on our package excellent.

We can recomend.

Room Tip: Upgrade the room if you can and ensure breakfast is included. Book treatments ahead as there is not...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank martynMidlands

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review placed on Trip advisor. It was great to read that on we were able to exceed your expectations especially for dinner and breakfast. Thank you for mentioning our leisure facilities too, which are of excellent standards.
We look forward to welcoming you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

We were fortunate to have an apartment one floor up overlooking the fine gardens with the central fountain.
We could find no fault with the apartment, everything was immaculate.
The only problem we had was that we didn't discover the switch for the fridge was behind the bread bin which probably accounted for the strange taste of the yogurt, and the semi-solid milk!
The swimming pool was clean and warm, and the sauna, steam room and jacuzzi were all up to standard.
The staff were without exception pleasant and helpful.
Our one visit to the restaurant revealed quality food, although the portions were possibly a tad small.
Overall a very well run establishment.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great review placed on the trip advisor website. I was pleased to read that you really enjoyed your stay in one of our apartments. Elmers Court Hotel & Resort has 54 self catering apartments as well as 42 bedrooms offering an array of accommodation to suit most guests’ preference.
Thank you for recommending our pool facilities too as we have, lately, invested a considerable amount of money including full pool filtration and pool side refurbishment, brand new steam room generator, new sauna benches, new digital locker locks and other minor improvements to the pleasure of our guests.
Please accept my apologies for your fridge not been switched on on arrival, I will ask our House Keeper to retrain her team in insuring this.
I was also sorry to read your remarks regarding the portions as you are right no guests should feel that way. I will personally take this up with our head chef and ensure of no further guests disappointments.
We look forward to welcoming you in the near future, maybe next time you could book directly on our website or by calling our Reservation team as we guaranty the best available rate as well as getting a £10 voucher as a returning guest.

Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

We visited Elmers Court for 3 nights from 10th-13th March with our 19 month old son and highly recommend it - we booked last minute via the British Airways website had an excellent time. It far exceeded our expectations.

Staff throughout are excellent. Everyone we spoke to left us with a positive impression, they would smile and ask how we were enjoying our stay, or drop what they were doing to help if we had a query. For example, walking us to the other side of the hotel grounds to show us where the children's play park was (it is behind the fir hedges by the tennis courts).

We stayed in a family room in the courtyard (apartment 4). It had a separate room with bunk beds that we could just get our son's cot in, which meant we wouldn't disturb him in the night if we stayed up. The main room was massive - a super sized bed, business desk and chair, and two arm chairs opposite the television. There was loads of space for our bags and pram without feeling cluttered. All modernly decorated. Bathroom had a bath on one side and a separate large walk in shower on the other, again very modern and in excellent order.

There was a large outdoor pool with a bar kiosk, which you can imagine being excellent in the summer. For us, it was the indoor pool and that was perfect for our needs. There must be private membership because before 9am and after 7pm it is adult only and it got quiet busy with business folk doing their lengths. The pool is really well maintained and the changing rooms very clean. In the women's there is a play pen to put your child whilst you get changed. All very helpful.

We didn't use the fine dining restaurant or the main hotel bar, but ate each day at the Steakhouse adjoining the fitness centre. Breakfast very good - they cook to order or there is cereal, yogurts etc. - then all day before 6pm they had a special deal where 6 items from the main menu were priced at £6. We tried the burger, homemade pie, and gammon - all good.

One evening, it was a nice evening so we took a small picnic down to the end of the gardens and watched the boats come and go whilst the sun set over Lymington. Beautiful!

Overall, highly recommended. We would visit again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Matthew M

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review placed on Trip Advisor. It was great to read what fantastic time you had with your family and how family friendly our Resort is. I have forwarded your feedback to the entire team and they thank you in return.
Our leisure team works so hard at ensuring our facilities are in the best conditions possible and thank you again for your comments.
Thank you also for mentioning the great value for money offers we have in our Scottish Steak Club.
We look forward to welcoming you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Stayed here for a couple of days in January with my husband, prior to doing a cruise from Southampton. What a great experience.

The location of the hotel is stunning and the views from the lawn out to sea are just amazing. If the weather is good you can just sit on one of the benches on the lawn and watch the ferries come and go all day on their way over to the Isle of Wight.

I booked a couple of spa treatments whilst we were there which were superb. Price wise, they were on par with what I would expect to pay in a Hotel Spa (and much cheaper than having them on the cruise).

The facial was wonderfully relaxing and the lovely girl who did my treatments was very welcoming and made the experience thoroughly enjoyable. I had a wonderful glow and my skin felt so much better for it.

Following my facial I then had a Jessica gel polish manicure and pedicure. Again, the girl proved very experienced and having had gel polish applied for years now, I have to say this is one of the best i have ever had.

My nail polish on my fingers was still perfectly chip free 4 weeks later and the polish on my toes is still totally chip free two months later! Ithe only reason i had to remove my polish was down to my nails having grown so much. The most i normally get out of a gel polish is two weeks.

I particularly like the fact that although the staff went through all the lovely products that they used, there was no hard sell that you get in many Spa's which was a welcome surprise. I did note that they had some great offers on in their products in gift boxes which i went back for before we left for our cruise.

Our room was very clean and comfortable, and we had a great sleep in the bed as we have in the past at other Macdonald Hotels. the facilities in the room all to a very high standard,

We ate in the Waterford restaurant on both nights and again, i couldn't fault the food or service.
It was lovely to have a pre-dinner drink in the lounge before dinner whilst we looked over the menu and put our order in, and then be seated at our table afterwards when the food was about to be served. The staff were attentive without being intrusive and they even offered us some umbrellas to run over to the other building after our dinner as it was raining.

Breakfast was as we would have expected from a Macdonald Hotel. The signature cooked breakfast and buffet style really are to a very hugh standard, with something for everyone.

All in all, a great experience. I highly recommend a stay here and the use of the Spa.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sharon J

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your detailed review on the trip advisor website. I hope that you enjoyed your cruise as much as your stay and I am grateful that you recommended our New Forest venue as ideal for a post or pre cruise break considering that we are only 30 minutes from the Southampton cruise terminal.
I was pleased to read that you really appreciated our Spa facilities and services during your stay, especially the quality of treatment and product offered. It was also great for the team to read how much you experienced our Waterford Restaurant as well as the industry benchmarking “Macdonald Breakfast” for which we get so many positive reviews.
We really look forward to welcoming you in the very near future.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I stayed here with my boyfriend at the end of February and we both had the most fantastic stay.
We were greeted on arrival by a very friendly, professional receptionist who swiftly checked us in and directed us to our room.
First impressions of the room were outstanding - it was a recently refurbished feature room on the first floor with a lovely balcony entrance.
The facilities in the room were also top notch and far better than many 4 or 5 star hotels I've visited.
We dined in the Waterford restaurant which was a lovely experience from start to finish. The crab starter and lamb main were outstanding and the service was discreet yet attentive - our waitress that evening was Becca who deserves a special mention.
Breakfast the following morning was served in the steak club and is cooked fresh to order whereas a buffet is available for cold items.
I can imagine in the Summer months it's even better what with the outdoor pool and the walking distance to the sea!
I certainly look forward to my return stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 153hayleya

Dear guest,

Thank you for such great feedback left on the trip advisor website. It was a pleasure to read your comments and how much you enjoyed your stay especially the crab. I have shared your feedback with the entire team especially Becca and they thank you in return.
Becca will be rewarded for her outstanding customer service and also thank you personally for mentioning her name.
I was also pleased to read that you felt your break was great value for money and I look forward to welcoming you in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

I would like to share my experience of my afternoon at the Leisure and Spa at Elmers Court. I was recommended by a friend after having a spa package weekend that included treatments. I went for a full body massage, my first experience of this treatment, and would certainly recommend it to others. Upon arrival I was greeted politely, and proffesionally, and immediately shown down to the spa where the spa staff took over. The young lady Holly, who took my treatment was very nice, always smiling and acted with proffessionalism. The massage itself was great, I really was impressed with how relaxed it made me feel, apart from when she went to work on a few knots! The bed was heated which was a nice surprise, very comfy! The room was lovely, very calming, clean and theraputic. I could have stayed there for hours!

I hope Holly and the rest of the staff are recognised for their good work. I will be back

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank matt032014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for another great review on the trip advisor website. I was pleased to read that you had such a great afternoon in our Spa and enjoyed your treatment. I have shared your feedback with Holly and she thanks you in return.
We really look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Resort General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lymington
Passford House
#1 of 1 in Milford on Sea
The Beaulieu Hotel
The Beaulieu Hotel
#2 of 2 in Beaulieu

Been to Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort? Share your experiences!