We booked a family room at the very last minute as a bank holiday treat. Whilst aware at booking stage the accommodation was outside of the main building (something we normally avoid), the lodge style rooms were very clean, spacious and exceptionally comfortable and the separate bedroom for children worked out as a real treat for them. The indoor pool was big enough to keep everyone amused for a couple of sessions and the general setting of the hotel is stunning.
The ambience of the hotel is more 4 star than 3 and one would imagine the outdoor pool and refreshments would be great in the summer months.
The only slight disappointment was an evening meal in the Scottish Steak House on Sunday evening. By the time we arrived after a visit to Lymington there were only four other tables still eating. A language barrier I think, hindered our efforts to request missing cutlery and only a visit to the kitchen ourselves produced the elusive vinegar. We are still waiting for the fruit salad.
Breakfast on Monday also seemed a little disorganised. The breakfast manager himself appeared to be doing nearly everything single handed. It would have been comical had people not been queuing - something quite unacceptable at a Macdonald hotel.
However, this aside, as a connoisseur of hotel breakfasts the Elmers Court does not disappoint. Fine ingredients, great choice and plenty of it!
Despite the poor experience in the Scottish Steak House we will almost certainly be returning and look forward to trying the Waterford Restaurant next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the stunning Solent Coast, this New Forest hotel is only 15 minutes' walk from the nearby town of Lymington. Set in a manor house dating from 1820 and surrounded by 23 acres of private grounds, the Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort is the ideal venue for a weekend break or a romantic wedding in the Hampshire countryside. Swim in the indoor or seasonal outdoor pool, book in for a spa treatment, dine in the elegant Waterford Restaurant or simply relax in the spacious accommodation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LateRooms, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, HRS, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel And Resort
- Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel Lymington
- Macdonald Elmers Court Lymington
- Elmers Court
- Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort Lymington, New Forest