We stayed here 30 May - 1 June (2 nights). There were 11 of us in total staying in 3 rooms (6 adults and 5 children aged 4-10).
We stayed in one of the newer rooms next to the main hotel. The room was clean and comfortable with a sofabed for our 2 children. The room was a bit cramped with the sofabed, but to be hones we really only slept in the room. The grounds are sprawling with a croquet lawn and putting green, 2 tennis courts and an outdoor pool. The is also a fantastic indoor heated pool which the children loved.
I think the only letdown is the food. At both breakfasts we had to wait over 30 minutes for the cooked food to arrive - not ideal when you have hungry children. We had dinner in the informal steakhouse one evening but I found the food to be a bit overpriced and mediocre.
Notwithstanding the food, this place does have extremely helpful and friendly staff and there are lots of things for families to do on the grounds and it would be an excellent base to travel around the New Forest. I even found a room with a flatscreen TV and Wii which the children enjoyed.
I would return to this hotel, however I would simple choose to eat elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the stunning Solent Coast, this New Forest hotel is only 15 minutes' walk from the nearby town of Lymington. Set in a manor house dating from 1820 and surrounded by 23 acres of private grounds, the Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort is the ideal venue for a weekend break or a romantic wedding in the Hampshire countryside. Swim in the indoor or seasonal outdoor pool, book in for a spa treatment, dine in the elegant Waterford Restaurant or simply relax in the spacious accommodation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel Lymington
- Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel And Resort
- Macdonald Elmers Court Lymington
- Elmers Court
- Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort Lymington, New Forest