Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort
US$192
US$186
US$122
Marine House(Milford on Sea)
US$194
  • Breakfast included
The Mayflower(Lymington)
US$227
US$220
The Beach House(Milford on Sea)
US$160
US$160
TripAdvisor
Travelocity
1,669 results
All reviewswaterford restaurantspa breakmain buildingsteak clubleisure centrespa facilitiesthe scottish steak houseexecutive roomnew forestoutdoor poolbunk bedslymington piersauna and steam roombreakfast bartennis courtswedding venuegrounds are lovely
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Stayed at hotel for three night break, the main house looks stunning as you drive up, but we were in two story apartments by the restaurant.The apartment was quite dated a mis match of decor but ok ,the main issue the room needed a good clean cobwebs inside the door frame the bed side lamp frame all cobwebs in side ,spiders webs in corner of room pain peeling off bathroom ceiling the luxury toiletries were two tubes of grotty gels that had leaked on each other,glasses not cleaned just left where we had left them.It was a shame as lovely setting gorgeous grounds to chill .we had breakfast included in our package two good days and one not so good yu can see that a lot of it is reheated.would not have paid £17.50 for this.the service in bar and restaurant was excellent Christina was great and a credit to you. Shame yu can't bring this to housekeeping .Lymington is a very short drive away and is a lovely town to wander and has very nice bars and restaurants to explore,the iow ferry is at bottom of the drive so very handy,we also took the train into Bournemouth which took about 30 mins which was excellent not forgetting the new forest on doorstep. It was my 25 th anni whilst there but sadly even though notifying hotel before hand nothing extra was offered .wouldnt rush back looks great in brochures but when yu look in reality not so great stayed in 4 and 5 star hotels all around the world it was only as I had major surgery and couldn't fly we chose a mini break and to be honest if it was just room quality I could have found a better travel lodge but the setting and the grounds that make the hotel,but not worth the full brochure price .

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hopkins67
gmelmers, General Manager at Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your constructive feedback left on the trip advisor website. I was pleased to read that overall you had a good break and enjoyed your stay.
I was concerned to find out that some aspects of your stay were unsatisfactory. I can assure you that management check our rooms cleanliness and I can only apologise for your room not been to the standards of cleanliness they are renowned for. We will retrain our team to ensure of no further repeat.
Thank you for mentioning Christina as you are right she is a really asset to our establishment.
We hope that you may give us another chance and welcome back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 28 August 2014

After spending over £500+ to stay for 3 night bed and breakfast i was looking forward to a luxury get away. Upon arrival there was no where to park in the main car park, (i was told by reception when booking i wouldnt need to book a place!) was then told at check in i could park anywhere, to which i did and then got a phone call to move my car. We stayed in the out buildings behind the house, i booked a family room which i was told a double with bunk beds, arrived and found i have a double with a travel cot!! I then complained to reception that i was given a room that i didnt book, she only suggested to pull out the sofa bed for my daughter to sleep in!, reception organised for someone to do this for me, as im pregnant and cant be lugging a sofa about the place. The room was spacious but that is about it, very dated, uncomfortable beds, and the towel rail is on constantly which makes the room very hot! No air conditioning which i would of thought you would get paying the ammount that i did.

Swimming pool- we used the facilities and seemed to be very good. My daughter enjoyed the pool and it wasnt too cold

Food- very disapointing. Radiculously expensive, took over 2 hrs for our food to arrive, to which we were the only people in the restaurant. Menu is very limited and you dont always get what you ordered, the waiters/waitressess didnt know what they were serving, e.g. Rare/well done steak, be warned of the chef!!! He can be very gobby if you send your food back. Breakfast seemed ok, not worth the £17.50. Standard continental beakfast buffet, you can also order a hot breakfast but be warned you may get a maggot in your egg!!!!!!!

Overall the hotel is a beautiful place and with the correct management and staff it could be a lovely place. They have a lot to work on to improve the experience customers are paying for for the very high price they give you. I have stayed in better premier inn's at 1/4 of the price i payed to stay here."

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Claire J

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review on this website. I was sorry to learn that you had a disappointing experience. Regarding car park, guests are informed that they can park in any available place expect the one marked as apartments which are for our time share guests.
I am sorry if you did find an undesired element in your breakfast however as we were not made aware of it at the time of your breakfast and without witnessing this could not be investigate further.
It is impossible for maggot to be present in an egg especially as all breakfast items are cooked through and no raw items are present on the plate.
We have investigated all other issues and we will reply to you in more details regarding our findings.
Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

This was a bit of a flying visit as we were catching up with friends for dinner in Lymington, so cannot comment on dinner, pools and other leisure facilities.
The main house is beautiful and probably were wedding and business functions take place. Reception is in the main house. Our room wasn't ready so we waited in a lovely lounge overlooking the extensive gardens. WiFi can be accessed through The Cloud.
We were upgraded to an Executive room, which I give 10/10. The bedrooms are situated within the grounds of the main house, which is fine in good weather as there is no covered walkway.
There is fine dining restaurant in the main house and a more informal 'Club House' type building in the grounds, which is open from about 7 am to 10 pm and caters for breakfast, lunch and dinner and has a bar...
Breakfast was a good standard but as previously mentioned a little slow and I admit I did smile at the 1/2 mushroom on my plate.....I may not have been smiling if I had to pay extra for breakfast ay £15.50 each. Buffet breakfast would have been preferable but I fear long queues would form quite quickly and disrupt the quiet atmosphere of the room plus they tend to generate a lot waste, due to guests taking far more food than they can possibly eat! There was indeed a manager on duty who was training staff and making sure customers were happy, which goes to show that some General Managers do take heed of feedback......Well done MacDonalds!
There are credit card fees to pay on site, which I always find annoying, so take a debit card or cash....
It was a fair walk into Lymington from the hotel but there is a good taxi service.
Would I return? Yes I would and enjoy all the facilities next time......

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you such a good review posted on the trip advisor website. I was really pleased to read that you had a great stay at the Resort.
Thank you also for mentioning our team training on the job as we are making every effort to ensure new starters are able to deliver our brand standard in a timely manner.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

We booked a spa day before my wedding so I could chill out. The spa treatments themselves and the staff in the spa were all lovely. The disappointing parts were that the relaxation area was cold, even with the blankets, the pool was cold and the steam room wasn't working. The lunch was definetly the worst part though - we were given a 'lunch box' of a variety of different foods, including dessert. We went for the meat option which included a pie and potatoes (all of which had been microwaved to within an inch of its life), chicken Caesar salad - 2 small pieces of chicken on salad that wasn't fresh, the ham was covered in fat on another bed of old salad, and the wrap was as dry as a bone. The fruit for the fresh fruit salad dessert wasn't fresh either. It would have been better to just offer something off the lunch menu for this. When we spoke to the manager, he was very apologetic but stated that no one had complained about it. Very disappointing indeed considering the reputation that Elmers Court has. On a positive note, this day was rebooked at very short notice and Elmers Courts honoured our booking which we thought was very good.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review. I was really sorry to read that some aspect of your Spa day was unsatisfactory. Regarding the temperature of the rooms although we have heaters available we did not feel that additional heating would be necessary this time of year, however I will ask our Spa Manager to monitor and ensure of our guest comfort.
Please accept my apologies for the poor food you were served, I have spoken to our Head Chef regarding this and he will retrain and monitor this particular product.
Hopefully we will welcome you back in the near future and will be able to demonstrate the standard of food we are renown for.

Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed as a family of 4 for 2 nights as we visited Paulton park and the South coast. The hotel grounds are exceptional with a pleasant walk and park for the kids. The rooms were sufficient and the breakfast was first class. The only real grumble was the dinner service in the evening - very slow and disorganised. Lovely break all round

Stayed: August 2014