Have just spent 3 nights at this Hotel and I have to concur with several other comments made.
PLUS POINTS. Nice rooms and clean and spacious. Staff friendly. Nice area.
MINUS POINTS. It is a time share resort and as such is a bit of a hotch potch. As has been mentioned you have no real contact with the old part of the building, except for the Restaurant. The TV's are very basic and only had 4 terrestrial channels and no radio. Most disappointing was that the Sails bar was shut on two of the days in the evening for food ( at 1700 and 1800), When queried with Reception was informed that the Restauarant was open or else Room Service. Now we ate in the Restaurant and it was good, but quite expensive and also the menu was the same for 3 days. The website states that all facilities are subject to time changes, but this is not really clear and I feel is a bit of a con by the hotel. Room service menu was limited and very expensive, plus with only 4 TV channels not a lot to watch!
All in all a bit of a disappointment and would expect a lot more for the price of the rooms, which were expensive for the facilites that were provided. Having used Macdonald hotels before this was even more of a disappointment as they have otherwise been excellent hotels.
Just one general point, if you need to get in to the town to eat ( which we had to do!) there is a 2 minute train ride every 30 mins from Lymington Pier Station ( about 10 mins walk from the Hotel) to the Town and this runs until about 10.00pm.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the stunning Solent Coast, this New Forest hotel is only 15 minutes' walk from the nearby town of Lymington. Set in a manor house dating from 1820 and surrounded by 23 acres of private grounds, the Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort is the ideal venue for a weekend break or a romantic wedding in the Hampshire countryside. Swim in the indoor or seasonal outdoor pool, book in for a spa treatment, dine in the elegant Waterford Restaurant or simply relax in the spacious accommodation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel And Resort
- Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel Lymington
- Macdonald Elmers Court Lymington
- Elmers Court
- Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort Lymington, New Forest