I disagree that the hotel isn’t clear on the situation of the accommodation and I was perfectly ready to stay in a court yard room, however this is probably one of the only points the hotel is accurate on with its description.
I will start with the good points - Location, views, grounds, swift early check in, excellent restaurant manager (al la carte). That’s it.
Rooms - We stayed in an executive double with a pull out bed, I would hate to see a basic room. Tired, faded, dirty headboards, mouldy grout and blind in the bathroom, 4 channels on the TV, no remote (called Reception, no one came to see if they could find it as promised) Walls paper thin, we could hear televisions and talking very clearly.
Awful narrow pull out sofa that was too narrow for a five year old with springs poking in her back. No air conditioning had to leave windows open therefore noise very late at night. Beds hard, towels, don't expect fluffy white but more on par with what you get in Greece, small and thin. Handy fridge but not sure what you would do with rest of the kitchen arrangement.
Why have lovely big balconies and no patio furniture? Also decking well in need of oiling and windows rotten.
Indoor Pool - Smelt of damp, dirty changing rooms and half the pool was fenced off with “off limits” so you couldn’t use the Jacuzzi. Lockers half the numbers missing.
Sails Bar - Breakfast. Why have open kitchens when you really wouldn't want to see in, the wall tiles were brown and the scrambled egg was pre-made and left in saucepan which was stirred every time an order was requested. ? Nice to see the chef wipe a plate clean with his finger before serving. Asked for poached egg on toast, got a poached egg. No toast, half a burnt tomato and one mushroom. Decided therefore not to risk dinner.
A la Carte Restaurant – Lovely bar man and Restaurant Manager. A la carte menu had 4 main dishes – Duck, belly of pork, shoulder of lamb and Pollock, if you are a vegetarian not sure what you would eat? Husband asked if they could possibly do him a Steak, no not on the menu. Too much trouble for them to run to the other restaurant and get one off them. He had Pollock which was awful, in contrast my duck was very nice. Very rare for a restaurant not to service a beef dish. Restaurant lacked atmosphere and customers, wonder why?!
Mistake on the bill for £16, seems to be a regular occurrence.
In summary, HAVING EARNT 6000 POINTS AS A MACDONALD HOTEL GOLD CARD MEMBER THIS IS THE WORST MACDONALD WE HAVE EVER STAYED AT.
WE RECEIVED THE FREE BOTTLE OF WINE BUT ONLY AFTER CALLING TO REMIND THEM, WHAT A SURPRISE!
Would have preferred to stay in a Travel Lodge
Might email the hotel but often their policy is to offer a night for free, they would have to pay us to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the stunning Solent Coast, this New Forest hotel is only 15 minutes' walk from the nearby town of Lymington. Set in a manor house dating from 1820 and surrounded by 23 acres of private grounds, the Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort is the ideal venue for a weekend break or a romantic wedding in the Hampshire countryside. Swim in the indoor or seasonal outdoor pool, book in for a spa treatment, dine in the elegant Waterford Restaurant or simply relax in the spacious accommodation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel Lymington
- Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel And Resort
- Macdonald Elmers Court Lymington
- Elmers Court
- Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort Lymington, New Forest