We stayed for two nights in one of the garden lodges. The room was adequate, clean but nothing special and rather devoid of character after checking in at the main reception which forms part of the original mansion house.
The grounds and location are the main features of this place. Well kept and extensive backing onto the marina. Although we were disapointed to find the outdoor pool was closed despite it being a gloroius weekend.
Our main problem with the stay was the staff - especially those in the sail bar/restaurant. Unless you choose the more expensive main restaurant every night this is really the default place to eat in the evenings. It looks and feels like a cheap travel lodge although this we could have accepted if the service made up for it. It didn't. The list of faults and complaints was extensive but here are a few of the highlights:
They got the food orders wrong.
They forgot to serve one of the meals.
We were told to wait to be seated quite curtly despite it being seemingly quiet in the place. (We then waited and were ignored until we complained and told the staff we would find a table ourselves.)
We were told is was 'clearly too busy' to get a latte with breakfast!
And the food is extremely poor quality, heated in a microwave variety.
I sensed an 'atmoshere' with the staff which was strange. Like they were all unhappy in their jobs. Not something a customer should see.
I've never felt strongly enough to write a review before but the elmers court pushed me over the edge. Don't go there - find a nice B&B in the town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the stunning Solent Coast, this New Forest hotel is only 15 minutes' walk from the nearby town of Lymington. Set in a manor house dating from 1820 and surrounded by 23 acres of private grounds, the Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort is the ideal venue for a weekend break or a romantic wedding in the Hampshire countryside. Swim in the indoor or seasonal outdoor pool, book in for a spa treatment, dine in the elegant Waterford Restaurant or simply relax in the spacious accommodation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel And Resort
- Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel Lymington
- Macdonald Elmers Court Lymington
- Elmers Court
- Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort Lymington, New Forest