My wife and I stayed here for one night prior to going on a cruise from Southampton and booked it on the strength of reviews posted by guests who had previously stayed there. We arrived on a cold, wet and windy evening and was greeted by a pleasent receptionist who asked if we had stayed there in the past which we hadn't and so were given a map of how to find our accomodation - this proved to be quite difficult as I later found that the map was incorrect in showing the building layouts - not a good start when you have driven a long way in the rain and dark.
When we eventually found our accomodation it was in a detached building and was quite spacious, warm and clean although the first thing that I noted was that the chairs were pushed up against electric convector heaters which is quite a serious fire risk. The other thing that I noted was that the automatic fire detectors were incorrectly positioned at the edge of the ceilings which can give a very delayed response.
We went to the Sails Restaurant and had the early bird Menu and some drinks and then went over to the main building for a drink and I noted that here one of the "fire doors" was held open with a door stop although there was a notice indicating Fire Door - Keep Shut.
When I came to pay the next day I found that instead of being charged the set early bird price I had been charged individually for all of the items which was quite a lot more expensive. After having got the receptionist to rectify this I left a Guest Comment Card identifying the problems and fire safety issues that I had noted but unfortunately I did not receive the courtesy of a reply
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the stunning Solent Coast, this New Forest hotel is only 15 minutes' walk from the nearby town of Lymington. Set in a manor house dating from 1820 and surrounded by 23 acres of private grounds, the Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort is the ideal venue for a weekend break or a romantic wedding in the Hampshire countryside. Swim in the indoor or seasonal outdoor pool, book in for a spa treatment, dine in the elegant Waterford Restaurant or simply relax in the spacious accommodation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, LateRooms, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel Lymington
- Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel And Resort
- Macdonald Elmers Court Lymington
- Elmers Court
- Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort Lymington, New Forest