“Rabbit”

Ranked #10 of 12 Coffee & Tea in Lymington
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 15 March 2014

The food is ok but made us push off because he never wash hands after been smoke and pick his nose with his hands I will never go here again and his clothes look like one very clean and apron. Never clean table with cloths just hands wipe on table back to make sandwich without wash hands. A young boy carry cakes on his hands not on plate to show them which choose cake back to cafe put on plate to give them. I think this cafe very disgusting !!!!

7  Thank Monkey196

Reviewed 28 February 2014

We frequent the Boathouse quite regularly for a convenient bite at lunchtime, we were pleasantly surprised this lunchtime when we discovered their new range of rustic baguettes. The three of us all opted for the brown seeded multi grain baguette with various different fillings. I have to say that they were absolutely delicious!

With reference to the owner / manager smoking outside, we saw him outside with an electronic cigarette, perhaps he has seen the error of his ways!

The Quay is always a lovely place to visit, with it's fantastic views.

1  Thank 485Andy
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Popped in for a spot of brunch instead of fish & chips on the quay. We weren't disappointed. well decorated with a seaside feel that's not too 'Skegness', great view over the harbour, nice staff & free wifi. The food and drinks arrived quickly and were tasty with nice sized portions. well worth a return visit for cake later!

Reviewed 29 December 2013

I walked past this cafe and it looked lovely. So I decided to go in for a bite to eat. The manager was aggressive, he was so rude to his waitress who was working her boots off!! He was constantly swearing, I was in there maximum 35 minutes. The waitress took my order who was ever so nice while the so called "manager" was smoking outside! He came back in to do my food and didn't wash his hands and prepared my food! I felt disgusted! I don't recommend this to anyone.

5  Thank Abs2305
Reviewed 17 November 2013

As most visitors to Lymington are well aware, it is rather an expensive place, not only to live/shop, but to eat too or even get a decent cuppa without feeling you have to be wearing your best bib & tucker, however, The Boathouse Café which is at the bottom of the hill overlooking the water is a tasty treat for those of us who don't wish to take out a mortgage for a hot drink & bite to eat.

Although it is small, (which is just a shame but no-ones fault), it is extremely clean, friendly, good value and has a homely atmosphere that a lot of coffee shops have lost.

The cups you get for a brew or coffee/mocha etc, are massive ! and these are just 'regular' sized, so if really thirsty go for large and see how you fair.

The drinks were hot and made fresh and the food exquisite... All made in full view of the public, so you know what's what.

I would definitely recommend this little café is you ever visit Lymington.