“Nice pub if served by the right people”
Review of The Plough Inn

The Plough Inn
Ranked #72 of 118 Restaurants in Lymington
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Southampton
“Nice pub if served by the right people”
Reviewed 23 June 2013

My family and I visited this pub for lunch - we arrived a bit later than we would normally eat.
The females serving were very friendly and helpful and really catered to our children aged 8 and 5.
The food was lovely, however the waitresses (possibly landlady) then obviously left or were on a break because then we sat and sat waiting for our plates to be cleared and someone to take our dessert order.
I don't mind ordering at the bar at all, but as we had had waitress service presumed this was going to carry on.
In the end my husband ordered the desserts - when they were brought to us by possibly the landlord he was surprised our dinner plates were still sat there - he did clear these but didn't seem that gracious about it and I got the impression he cared more about the regulars.
I would consider going again as food was good but only if the waitresses were serving as they understood the meaning of excellent good service.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Fulltimemum

Antwerpen
“Warm welcome”
Reviewed 23 June 2013

We went several times and had some great meals ,the beer was chilled and the food was honest good home english cooking.
Our golden retriever was very welcome no issue at all to bring the dog along.We will come back, thats for sure.

Christchurch, United Kingdom
“Good home cooking”
Reviewed 25 May 2013 via mobile

Had a lovely meal at this pub lots to choose from on the menu and we were served by friendly staff.Good size portions

Christchurch, United Kingdom
“A lovely experience all round”
Reviewed 14 May 2013

I hadn't eaten at The Plough for many years but was told earlier this year that the food is now very good so went there with my mother and daughter for mothers' day lunch. My mother absolutely loved it - the tables were laid really prettily and the food and service were excellent. My mum spoke to the lady who took our order and told her how impressed she was with how it had been done and that's not something my mother does often! We all enjoyed it so much that we went back just over a week ago and had another fantastic lunch. The menu is brilliant and gives you a really good choice of food, which seems to be very rare these days! I would highly recommend The Plough.

Galleywood, United Kingdom
“good grub!”
Reviewed 12 April 2013

after a long journey, we came across The Plough and entered, hoping for some food (3pm), it was a cold day outside, so we were guided to a table next to the radiator.
the staff were friendly and suggested a smaller version of the ham egg and chips for our son, which we accepted for him and my husband. A good choice as after the starter of a very filling cheesy garlic bread, they could only manage that!
i had a jacket with prawns, which came with a side salad - all piled up high and absolutely delicious! No room for pudding.
We would definately return in the summer months as the garden was big, with equipment for children being installed whilst we ate.
A super find!!