“Cake-tastic heaven”

Price range: US$4 - US$6
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Drinks, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Named after our two year old daughter, who likes cake, Sophie's is a family run business in Lymington's cobble quay hill. We're fully trained baristas who serve up proper coffee and homemade slices of cake that our nans would be proud of.
“Cake-tastic heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013

Upon visiting Sophies in Lymington I came away with a good taste in my mouth - one of good service and an excellent choice of food. Not only were the staff friendly, smiley and pleasant on the eye but the cakes were fabulous and left me wanting more. The coffee was the best part of my outing, made to perfection! I really enjoyed Sophies and really recommend it to any one hoping to visit Lymington - located on the quay, you won't miss it but what you will
Miss is the cakes, coffee and fruity smoothies - Oo yummy!

2 Thank CharCortado

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Proper coffee”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2013

Visited this coffee shop during busy bank holiday as i heard they used coffee from the brilliant Monmouth Coffee in London, and was looking forward to seeing what a little coffee house in new forest could do. The barista didn't disappoint. I ordered a flat white which came in its proper sized cup with proper flat white art.
It looked tasted as it tasted. A well made coffee. Didn't get chance to try cake or food, so can't really comment on this. But as a coffee shop, their service and attemtion to detail was really good, even though busy. I would definitely recommend.

1 Thank Coffeesstud
Romsey, United Kingdom
“Cakes to die for!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

I visited Sophie's with a friend at around 5:30 on a busy Saturday afternoon. We had tried other cafes in the town but all had shut up shop. It was a glorious afternoon, the quay was packed with visitors and yet all the quay side cafes had closed. We asked what time they closed to which the reply was "Oh I stay open until people stop coming in". Just a suggestion to Lymington Chamber of Commerce. When its busy why don't you suggest to your members they stay open! It's a novel idea I know, but may just work! Back to Sophies. We couldn't make up our minds what to have, all the cakes looked divine. We ordered a cream tea and decided to share as it came with two scones. It was delicious, the pot of tea was lovely and the service was great. Fast, friendly and chatty. I will definitely go here again.

Devon
1,514 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 6,532 helpful votes
“Good little tea shop cafe.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2013

Had an hour wait to meet a mate. Stumbled in here without any idea. Turned out to be a very friendly relaxed place with some fairly priced excellent apparently home cooked food with good coffee. Filled my gap perfectly. Pretty but not cloying site in the town. Would return if ever back in the area.

• Visited May 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great find. Fantastic choice of coffees, teas & shakes. Yummy cakes :)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013 via mobile

3 of us visited Lymington Quay on busy bank holiday. Looking for somewhere to revive at end of afternoon and stumbled on this. Very friendly, accommodated all our requests. Relaxed place to sit and chat.

Great tasting coffee & tea, & our son had fab twix milkshake.

Yummy carrot cake, mini-victoria sponge with strawberries and ice-cream, and blueberry & apple crumble cake (between 3 of us :))

Just what ŵe needed :)