“If you cant go to Italy this year - come to Lymington”
Review of Ciao Belli

Ciao Belli
Ranked #22 of 118 Restaurants in Lymington
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Taglioni with scallops, Risotto with porcini and truffles specially imported from Italy. What could be better? Caio Belli is a small informal, very Italian, cafe, which serves dinner at the end of the week. The chef, Dario, makes a point of coming out and talking to his customers. He clearly loves his food and wants you to enjoy it too. Lymington now has some competition - wake up!

1  Thank TravellerH2014

Reviewed 12 August 2014

We come here often for lunch and always have a marvellous time and have
wanted to eat an evening meal here for some time but they have always been full - that tells you a lot about the place.

Well Friday the 1st was our lucky day as we were able to get a reservations. I started with the Charcuterie which was amazing and a meal by itself, followed by Tagliatelle with langoustines and wow what a dish just magic that I wanted it to go on forever. My husband had the Tortino - a potato and mousse dish which looked like a masterpiece when it came out followed by the squid ink linguine with a sea bream sauce which my husband adored at first bite - it was that good.

Unfortunately no room for dessert so we took it home with us. Luca is perfect in his role as host and his waiting staff and kitchen staff have always been helpful and attentive. Can't wait for a repeat reservation.

3  Thank P S
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

We visited Ciao Belli again on the 2nd August and again we were not disapointed. We had the meats, cheeses, aubergine and sundried tomatoes to share as a starter along with breads and the best balsamic/olive oil dipping sauces I have ever tasted. We both had the beautiful pasta dish served with steak (and plenty of it) for mains which again was sublime. All washed down with prosecco. We also had coffee to finish. We paid less than 80 pounds which we think is a bargain for the quality of the produce and service we got. Definitely go back again and always loom forward to it.

1  Thank BPRoyal
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I am still sat up at 12:30 writing this review, as my stomach is so bad I can't go to bed. I had the chaturie to start which was ok, but expensive at £7.50. The course was squid ink linguine in a bream sauce. It was awful, it was covered in cheap olive oil, and the sauce was mainly diced carrot. Sea bream was also on the menu, and I think they had made the suace from the trimmings of the fish, it was yuk. My wife had basically spaghetti bolognaise although the owner told her it was made from rib eye steak, and there would be pieces of steak in the sauce, there was nt. I tasted it, it was made from cheap mince, possibly even frozen as it was so granular. Both mains came to the table with Parmesan already grated on them and a flourish of chopped parsley around the plate, to take your eye off the food ?? The sweets were bought in, the smallest of slices were served at £4.50 each. The Chacuturie never came with any bread either I was charged extra for that. The wine list was very poor and over priced. We paid nearly £100 for two including a bottle of rose but my wife did nt have a starter but she did have a coffee. To sum up I paid a lot of money to sit in the middle of a small shop, and certainly not eat food like mamma used to make, more like a complete amateur with no palate whatsoever. Will not go back, no where near as good as Egans up the road.

3  Thank A9ent
LRampino, Owner at Ciao Belli, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Hello A9ent
I'm sorry you felt that way. I can say to you that all our ingredients are brought in on the day and top quality and everything is made fresh that's why our menu' changes every day. The cakes that are on the menu are all made on the premises. As you could realize on that evening we were full as well and half of the costumers were returning costumers.
Hope to see you back and make you change your mind about us.
Regards
Luca

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We have been visiting Ciao be Belli since the week they opened, and it never fails to please. By far the best coffee in town, and have sampled a few, the Italian pastries are to die for. Excellent value for money, and my partner is partial to the super sized and super fluffy scrambled egg breakfast!
I take friends here when they visit, and now they don't want to eat anywhere else in town. Suitable for solo, couples or family visits.

1  Thank Elle B